• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrestlemania XXX Week |OT| We are all legit shook

Are you legit shook?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kiguel182

I'd actually say the Taker-Brock match is the only one on the card that could follow HHH-Bryan (Which is absolutely going to steal the show) and not bring down the crowd.

As far as that rumored order goes...I am not a fan of the Divas match being after Brock-Taker, but hey...I guess a cooldown match is needed.

Yes, you're right. But they probably didn't want to risk it.

Divas matches are normally between big matches just to give people a rest. Last year they didn't do it after Taker vs Punk and everybody was tired for Lesnar vs HHH.

zychi

Banned
Bryan's main event entrance will be him standing tall in the middle of the ring leading the biggest YES chant ever while awaiting his challengers.

DB is getting the first jobber entrance on WM. Cut from a Cena promo-DB is already in the ring
KuGsj.gif

styl3s

Well, Bryan is going over HHH now for sure. Not that there was any doubt but no way HHH can wrestle two matches back to back.

Still weird they don't do it sooner.
HHH stays in phenomenal shape and i am 110% sure he could compete in 2 matches.

Besides, he wouldn't even really compete in the 2nd match. Like i said before Bryan will come out and do his rabid wolverine shtick and do a bunch of running moves and kicks and then hes going to get slung out of the ring like a ragdoll so Batista and Orton can get their 10 minutes together and then Bryan will do his comback and devour them both and win.

Even if by some insane twist to shit on smarks they decide to have HHH win, the same outcome would happen. There isn't a scenario where Orton/Batista don't get their 1 vs 1 moment in.

If this ends up being a giant HHH night I'm just gonna LOL
Bryan has become so big they can't not give him the title.

For intents and purposes Bryan is attitude era Stone Cold. He is The Rock. He is pushing insane amounts of merch and he is so big his chants are being heard in other sports. And before you laugh at those comparisons i want you to take a second and think about who has been this over in the last 10 years. I want you to think about who gets this kind of pop every single time he is on screen. Even Punk during the height of his WWE career with the whole pipebomb stuff wasn't this over.

His chants are constantly heard in other sports for fuck sakes.

kiguel182

HHH stays in phenomenal shape and i am 110% sure he could compete in 2 matches.

Besides, he wouldn't even really compete in the 2nd match. Like i said before Bryan will come out and do his rabid wolverine shtick and do a bunch of running moves and kicks and then hes going to get slung out of the ring like a ragdoll so Batista and Orton can get their 10 minutes together and then Bryan will do his comback and devour them both and win.

Even if by some insane twist to shit on smarks they decide to have HHH win, the same outcome would happen. There isn't a scenario where Orton/Batista don't get their 1 vs 1 moment in.

Yes, HHH is in great shape but he hasn't wrestled in a long time and he is a heavyweight so competing for almost 60 minutes isn't exactly easy. I'm not saying he couldn't do it but if this was for him to win he would give himself more rest time for precaution.

Bryan on the other hand has great cardio and has been doing long matches for a while now on WWE. That scenario seems more suited for him.

Also more stuff from Figure Four Weekly:

At one point, the plan for Sting was to run a promo for his return during WrestleMania and have him debut the next night on Raw. The idea was to do something similar to how they debuted Goldberg. That may have changed, but given how long it's been since WCW closed, getting younger fans to find out who Sting is during the day between the shows might be the best option.

And on the Bryan and Vinny show today:

HHH and Stephanie are running this Wrestlemania more than they ever have. Vince still has control, but HHH and Steph are way more hands on than usual. They know what the internet thinks, and they are booking certain things to be that way on the show, but the outcomes are not affected. Just keep that in mind. Ultimately, they will do what is "best for business" and they know that is the only happy ending possible.

If this were to happen, would it be the evilest thing ever done to wrestling fans?
I think so. I think they would actually riot.
There's no way. If they don't have Bryan shine tomorrow night, it's never gonna happen.
Oh I completely agree and feel it's way past his time for this, so I'm super excited at what will most likely happen, but I was just saying it would be the biggest FU they could give the fans.

HHH and Stephanie are running this Wrestlemania more than they ever have. Vince still has control, but HHH and Steph are way more hands on than usual. They know what the internet thinks, and they are booking certain things to be that way on the show, but the outcomes are not affected. Just keep that in mind. Ultimately, they will do what is "best for business" and they know that is the only happy ending possible.
Well........fuck.

Ithil

All I can say about that is I hope it means no
CENAWINSLOL

tumblr_inline_mnxhtxN0vM1qz4rgp.gif

Even if the live stream was perfect right now (it isnt) I'd still expect the feed to shit the bed tomorrow. I'm surprised people posting on Gaf of all places havent come to grips with that. It's not going to work perfectly during Mania, hoping that it might is unrealistic and perhaps even unreasonable. Has there ever been an online service expecting a lot of concurrent users that went off without a hitch?

Even if the live stream was perfect right now (it isnt) I'd still expect the feed to shit the bed tomorrow. I'm surprised people posting on Gaf of all places havent come to grips with that. It's not going to work perfectly during Mania, hoping that it might is unrealistic and perhaps even unreasonable. Has there ever been an online service expecting a lot of concurrent users that went off without a hitch?

It's fine to be positive, and I think that's what people are trying to be. The worry is there, but if it happens, it happens. There's no sense spending so much time worrying about that.

Vylash

3FHGGxC.gif

Anth0ny

The midcard is a disgrace.

And it's not like they don't have the talent for a good one either.

Right? They are mishandling the midcard so badly right now. So much missed potential right there.

Wyatts vs. Babyface Shield that isn't distracted by a possible break up
Usos vs. Rhodes

That's easy. The fact that these aren't happening fucking baffles me. We all know Cena is going over in his match, so don't think for a second that's a better position for Bray than a fuck awesome 6-man tag that we know those guys are capable of.

Rhodes deserve to be in that tag team championship spot, and would put on a fantastic match. The 4-team tag match is going to be a disaster, and consists of mostly jobbers.

Some more "out there" suggestions:

Cesaro vs. Zayn (if you don't think that matchup is Wrestlemania worthy you're crazy, it could bring a ton of attention to NXT/network subscriptions as well if they put on another MOTY-calibre performance. throwing Cesaro into that tag match is totally under utilizing one of their best performers, and stopping a guy they're seemingly trying to push dead in his tracks.)

Ziggler vs. Big E for IC Championship (would probably be a solid match. Definitely a better spot for the guys than the jobber battle royale. Give Ziggler the IC belt, crowd pops, everyone is happy)

then you throw the rest of the mid carders that no one cares about into the battle royale. done.

NastyBook

So do anybody think HHH and Stephanie's marriage was 50% love 50% marriage of convenience for both of them? I mean, who out of the two siblings was supposed to take over here, cuz I would assume it was to be Shane. But now I he's nowhere to be found, and Stephanie and her actively wrestling husband are pretty much in the driver's seat. Was there hostilities between Shane and Steph, or did Steph play chess to Shane's checkers?

strobogo

Banned
So do anybody think HHH and Stephanie's marriage was 50% love 50% marriage of convenience for both of them? I mean, who out of the two siblings was supposed to take over here, cuz I would assume it was to be Shane. But now I he's nowhere to be found, and Stephanie and her actively wrestling husband are pretty much in the driver's seat. Was there hostilities between Shane and Steph, or did Steph play chess to Shane's checkers?

It was always said that Stephanie was the Vince and Shane was the Linda and Shane really had no plans or desires to take over the company/be in creative.

I'm sitting here going through past Wrestlemanias, certain matches and that sort of thing, and this Hogan/Rock match at 18 is still as amazing as it was when I watched it back then for the first time. Would this be the first true instance of what we all know as the modern "bizarro" crowd? I remember being shocked and amazed at this crowd reaction.

Yeah, the way the crowd make that match is fantastic.

NastyBook

It was always said that Stephanie was the Vince and Shane was the Linda and Shane really had no plans or desires to take over the company/be in creative.
Ahh, okay. So nothing malicious or calculating going on behind the scenes between those two. It was just HHH who more or less made a strategic move to grant himself power within the company?

Ahh, okay. So nothing malicious or calculating going on behind the scenes between those two. It was just HHH who more or less made a strategic move to grant himself power within the company?

you dont think its weird speculating on weather or not he actually fell in love with her? How would anyone know one way or another anyway?

kiguel182

What's the context for that Cena gif? It's so perfect.

I honestly don't see why HHH needed to marry Steph if he didn't love her. Vince was already a big fan of the guy and it would probably me more risky to marry her and risk infuriating the old man. Also, that marriage tainted his career since everyone always says "he won championships because of the marriage".

Anyway, what an awesome entrance he had at Mania 27. So good.

Aiii

So not worth it

They fell in love, they got married, they had kids. That is all there is to it.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Wait, are people honestly accusing HHH/Steph of being a political marriage? Seriously?

HHH and Steph were legit dating since the on-screen relationship between stephanie and Test

Ithil

They got married in 2003. HHH was already sitting in on Creative meetings in 1999, and was Vince's go-to guy by 2002. He already had the power.

Aiii

So not worth it
So about CM Punk:

Bryan Alvarez just said WWE has two hotels, one in the middle of New Orleans where all the wrestlers are and one hotel a bit further away that has the biggest stars, where Triple H, Steph and Vince are also. It is also the hotel for "surprises." Now, here's the big news: AJ Lee has also been put in this hotel. So yeah, there you go.

strobogo

Banned

HHH was sitting in on meetings before he was dating Steph. He was champion and top heel before he was dating Steph. Vince was PISSED when he found out they were dating. He eventually got over it. HHH's death run would have happened regardless because he was already in a good spot with Vince and was the last top guy from the Attitude Era on Raw.

kiguel182

Now if Punk returns I'll be sad that it got out.

That is if he doesn't return to ruin Bryan's moment. Then I would've been pissed either way.

So about CM Punk:

Bryan Alvarez just said WWE has two hotels, one in the middle of New Orleans where all the wrestlers are and one hotel a bit further away that has the biggest stars, where Triple H, Steph and Vince are also. It is also the hotel for "surprises." Now, here's the big news: AJ Lee has also been put in this hotel. So yeah, there you go.

This is starting to remind me of every Entourage plot ever.

"It's happening!"
"It's not happening."
"It's happening!"
"It's not happening."

Except it always ends with "It's not happening."

So about CM Punk:

Or maybe with her engagement to a certain somebody, they decided it was a good idea to just keep her away from creeps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom