• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrestlemania XXX Week |OT| We are all legit shook

Are you legit shook?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So about CM Punk:

Bryan Alvarez just said WWE has two hotels, one in the middle of New Orleans where all the wrestlers are and one hotel a bit further away that has the biggest stars, where Triple H, Steph and Vince are also. It is also the hotel for "surprises." Now, here's the big news: AJ Lee has also been put in this hotel. So yeah, there you go.

This is like looking for a planet by analysing the wobble of a star.

Anth0ny

didn't everyone think brock was going to show up at mania two years ago too

if punk does show up, it'll be at raw. i don't think he will.

dream

Maybe I was just spoiled by two years of Dwayne Johnson, but I'm kind of sad that there's no celebrity presence on this WrestleMania other than Dave Bautista and Maria Menounos.

Potential order lineup spoiler

Current WrestleMania Match Order Set?

Here is the current order:

The Shield vs. Kane & New Age Outlaws
"Stuff in the Middle"
John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt
Brock Lesnar vs. Undertaker
Diva Invitational
HHH vs. Daniel Bryan
World Title Match

Credit Bryan Alvarez, Figure Four Weekly Newsletter

Aiii

So not worth it
didn't everyone think brock was going to show up at mania two years ago too

if punk does show up, it'll be at raw. i don't think he will.
Raw is part of Mania, but if he returns, it will be at Mania to hype the rating and start a program with Austin for next year.

Vylash

So about CM Punk:

Bryan Alvarez just said WWE has two hotels, one in the middle of New Orleans where all the wrestlers are and one hotel a bit further away that has the biggest stars, where Triple H, Steph and Vince are also. It is also the hotel for "surprises." Now, here's the big news: AJ Lee has also been put in this hotel. So yeah, there you go.

Ugh, please no, for the love of god no

Malvingt2

So about CM Punk:

Please be true....

Diary_04042014rf_0534.jpg

"I just realized, I might be going for 60 minutes. Fuck"

Hasney

Honestly, the only good thing about the WM27 main event were those intro video packages. I'd rather they do them again than some random musical act.

Why can't it have both, come on, you get your payoffs either way. I really don't get this argument, who cares?

Because it's always better to end shit before starting new shit. Wrestlemania is the end of the wrestling year, so to speak. Not a good place to begin shit or you end up like Wrestlemania 27, which is looked back as a really crappy Wrestlemania because they sacrificed it for the next year. It leaves a bad taste, and there's no real incentive to do so when you should be focused on ending and climaxing what needs to end.

Big One

Banned
You know what would be awesome? If they have an improntu matchup with Antonio Cesaro and Jack Swagger just beating the everliving shit out of each other. It'll start out as a backroom brawl but go into the ring kind of like Undertaker vs. Mankind at Summerslam. They'll be pissed because Cesaro got pinned by the Usos or something.

kiguel182

Continue the feud on Raw, same ratings, same audience, same end result.

Except instead of a payoff at Mania you get a cliffhanger.

Mania (and PPVs in general) are supposed to be the culmination of feuds were the payoffs happen. If you start new storylines there it loses some part of that magic.

Raw after Mania as this kickoff of new feuds also builds hype for the show itself.

What you are suggesting doesn't have any advantage compared to today, it seems to have drawbacks.

Hasney

If Bryans matches are back to back, I can see them not having Bryan win even more. Bigger excuse as to why he failed.

Aiii

So not worth it
Except instead of a payoff at Mania you get a cliffhanger.

Mania (and PPVs in general) are supposed to be the culmination of feuds were the payoffs happen. If you start new storylines there it loses some part of that magic.

Raw after Mania as this kickoff of new feuds also builds hype for the show itself.

What you are suggesting doesn't have any advantage compared to today, it seems to have drawbacks.

You get a Punk thing in the middle of the show with Austin and then you still end the show with Bryan's celebration. The show is four Hours long. Seriously, you can do both, they're not even related.

dream

I know this wretched company likes to have babyfaces celebrating as WrestleManias go off the air, but man, Miz really should have retained in this match.

kiguel182

You get a Punk thing in the middle of the show with Austin and then you still end the show with Bryan's celebration. The show is four Hours long. Seriously, you can do both, they're not even related.

I don't agree that it's better than ending RAW after Mania with that segment

Mania is the culmination of 3 months (or more) of build up. It's the end of the road not the beginning of another one.

That segment would just be weird at Mania, it would work so much better on RAW.

We won't agree in this but I'll stand by this reasoning.

Anth0ny

Why can't it have both, come on, you get your payoffs either way. I really don't get this argument, who cares?

I'm not saying it's right, or what I want, but it's just how they roll. Remember Del Rio beating Swagger last year, which led to "WE WANT ZIGGLER" chants as he posed with the belt? Ziggler cashing in and getting the title would have been a fucking epic wrestlemania moment.

Instead, they wait for the next night. They leave all the awesome shit for the next night, which is why Raw After Mania has become its own thing at this point. Mania is boring, vanilla, good guy wins shit. Raw After Mania is great :)

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm not saying it's right, or what I want, but it's just how they roll. Remember Del Rio beating Swagger last year, which led to "WE WANT ZIGGLER" chants as he posed with the belt? Ziggler cashing in and getting the title would have been a fucking epic wrestlemania moment.

Instead, they wait for the next night. They leave all the awesome shit for the next night, which is why Raw After Mania has become its own thing at this point. Mania is boring, vanilla, good guy wins shit. Raw After Mania is great :)

That's because they want a big moment on Raw because of the huge audience it gets. This year I reckon it will be Sting and a Midcard title change, probably AJ losing the title to Naomi one on one.

If Punk was showing up, which he isnt, they wouldnt put him up in the same hotel as ANYONE before the actually PPV. He would be flying in the day of the show and be hidden in a box until his time to go out to the arena.

Also still think Bryan is getting screwed again. Triple H's boyhood dream to bury the entire human race will come true!

Aiii

So not worth it
If Punk was showing up, which he isnt, they wouldnt put him up in the same hotel as ANYONE before the actually PPV. He would be flying in the day of the show and be hidden in a box until his time to go out to the arena.

Also still think Bryan is getting screwed again. Triple H's boyhood dream to bury the entire human race will come true!
He is hidden, nobody knows if he is anywhere, just that AJ happens to be in a different hotel than the rest of the regular talent. Could be they just really like her and want her at the McMahon family dinners. maybe she babysits the kids when Steph is doing press events.

dream

I guess I retroactively changed the finish to Cena beating Miz because of how badly WWE dropped the ball on Miz afterwards.

kiguel182

He is hidden, nobody knows if he is anywhere, just that AJ happens to be in a different hotel than the rest of the regular talent. Could be they just really like her and want her at the McMahon family dinners. maybe she babysits the kids when Steph is doing press events.

Or they are taking her hostage to convince Punk to talk with them.

Full on evil empire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom