• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrestlemania XXX Week |OT| We are all legit shook

Are you legit shook?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephzilla

Austin often does stunners when he makes appearances. He's not like Hogan, ready to die from a bump, he's in solid shape. In fact his knees are mostly fixed now, he had major surgery on them in 2012 that he'd need since probably the late 90s.

*sigh*

It wont happen. But I still want #OneMoreMatch

okayfrog

Banned
I like H3 he clearly loves Wrestling and seems pretty aware of the current 'state' of wrestling and it's fans.

If this whole Daniel Bryan storyline was planned from the beginning (big, fucking HUGE if) then HHH created one of the greatest meta storylines in wrestling history. The character he betrays that believes to know what is best for business tries at every opportunity to stop someone who is best for business only for him to rise out on top bigger than he would have been had he (HHH (the character)) never attempted to stop him.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Austin often does stunners when he makes appearances. He's not like Hogan, ready to die from a bump, he's in solid shape. In fact his knees are mostly fixed now, he had major surgery on them in 2012 that he'd need since probably the late 90s.

Actually he wasn't released, his contract expired, and they obviously didn't renew.

Austin said like 2 or 3 years ago even he could probably work a full schedule if he really wanted to. He's just not going to because why would he? He's almost 50.

If this whole Daniel Bryan storyline was planned from the beginning (big, fucking HUGE if) then HHH created one of the greatest meta storylines in wrestling history. The character he betrays that believes to know what is best for business tries at every opportunity to stop someone who is best for business only for him to rise out on top bigger than he would have been had he (HHH (the character)) never attempted to stop him.

Yeah, that's the thing, but hey, I'm willing to show some suspension of disbelief and allow to happen. I think as fans we forgot to 'let go' sometimes.

joeposh

i was shocked watching the loss up until the part someone shouted "You Suck!" lol is that part still in the replay on the WWE network?

I cracked up when that happened. That person also booed the Undertaker quite loudly around that same time. Every crowd needs a good troll.

Sephzilla

Never. Stone Cold is so much better for not having bled his career and shitting all over his legacy. Nothing he could do now would be better than what he's already done.

Honestly, for me just as a fan, the only reason I'd want one more Austin match is just because I thought his WWE career got cut off too soon.

Frolow

Banned
i was shocked watching the loss up until the part someone shouted "You Suck!" lol is that part still in the replay on the WWE network?

The "you suck" is still there. However, they did significantly tune down the audience audio for when they were chanting "holy shit" after the Batista Bomb/RKO

Honestly, for me just as a fan, the only reason I'd want one more Austin match is just because I thought his WWE career got cut off too soon.

I sort of felt the same way about The Rock, but his most recent comebacks have made me realise he left at the right time originally.

Sephzilla

I sort of felt the same way about The Rock, but his most recent comebacks have made me realise he left at the right time originally.

Austin was always a better ring worker than Rock imo. Rock's one of the greatest, but his ring work wasn't on the same level as his mic work.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

kurbaan

Banned
Never. Stone Cold is so much better for not having bled his career and shitting all over his legacy. Nothing he could do now would be better than what he's already done.

He just needs to come. Give the finger to Cena and beat him blue all over the ring. Take off his belt and just pummel him. 3-4 stunners and pin him clean. Then drink some beer.

Stone cold and CM Punk wouldn't have a point. Like I'd never want Stone Cold to lose to any of these clowns.

Deadstar

And the move went off without a hitch, in that Orton caught him perfectly with exact timing. Only downer is Orton landing on the monitor which no doubt hurt like bitch.

I was trying to figure out when watching the match over again if Batista didn't throw a monitor in the right direction or if it was Orton. I wasn't able to see who threw the monitor behind the table. Did anyone catch it?

I think I have some new respect for Orton. He was awesome.

He just needs to come. Give the finger to Cena and beat him blue all over the ring. Take off his belt and just pummel him. 3-4 stunners and pin him clean. Then drink some beer.

Stone cold and CM Punk wouldn't have a point. Like I'd never want Stone Cold to lose to any of these clowns.

Austin and Punk naturally have a rivalry with how their characters are. Even WWE All-Stars mentioned it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYaRzfbiWb0

I was trying to figure out when watching the match over again if Batista didn't throw a monitor in the right direction or if it was Orton. I wasn't able to see who threw the monitor behind the table. Did anyone catch it?

No, nobody caught it. If they had, I don't think the monitor would have been there at all, it'd have probably been in someone's hands... or face.

Of course it did, but 49 year old Austin getting another match isn't the same as if 37 year old Austin had gotten more of a run. He's my GOAT and I don't think he would be bad now, he just wouldn't be better or even close to as good, so why bother?

Yeah, but that's not a match, that's a segment. I'm fine with Stone Cold coming out for a segment every Raw until the end of time, but he's smart staying away from matches.

krae_man

If he did there's no way he or the WWE would risk him dying sooner by working with the stiffest worker in the biz.

Edge was one bad bump away from being paralyzed and they still let him wrestle. You really think he went from being medically cleared to "will never be allowed to wrestle again" in 24 hours?

RobbieNick

That was one of the coolest moves I have ever seen.

Although it was obvious that it did more damage to Orton than Bryan. When I saw the small of his back land directly on the monitor and the MP's came out for Bryan, I was like "What? Orton's got the real injury here!" XD

Jigolo

I need to watch this shit right now. RIGHT NOW. WTF MAN I HAVEN"T WATCHED WRESTLING IN YEARS WTF HAPPENED YESTERDAY

HULK HOGAN, STEVE AUSTIN AND THE ROCK?

STEVE AUSTIN VS CM PUNK?

UNDERTAKER LOST?

I need to watch this shit right now. RIGHT NOW. WTF MAN I HAVEN"T WATCHED WRESTLING IN YEARS WTF HAPPENED YESTERDAY

HULK HOGAN, STEVE AUSTIN AND THE ROCK?

STEVE AUSTIN VS CM PUNK?

UNDERTAKER LOST?
Yeah the punk/austin match was the best match I've ever seen. Incredible WrestleMania moment there. Dream come true for all ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom