• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWDC12 Thread of iOS 6, Mac OS X Mountain Lion and iCloud

apple-wwdc-2012-_0741.jpg

there ya go. gigabit ethernet

At least it's a gigabit dongle. Would have been terrible if it was a 10/100.

LCfiner

I’m saying 3 grand for the base model.

Oh, and I’ll eat crow now about the “next gen” macbook pros having user upgradeable HDD and RAM. that ain’t happening once the existing pros are eventually phased out.

Preface: I'm a video editor.

Ethernet is not legacy. Some of us "pros" actually need our macbook pros to have the necessary ports so we can do our jobs. If Apple doesn't update the Mac Pros then I'm jumping ship to a Windows based tower based on the new thunderbolt Asus boards. Apple's adoption of FCPX has made this decision substantially easier.

And no... twin thunderbolt ports are not great if they're occupied by previously unneccessary adapters.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
HDMI out man, fuck. Would be perfect for my setup. But I know I will never have one of these. :(

stupei

I don't even edit video, but just seeing that, I want to.

I'm pretty sure nobody edits video in Final Cut X.

Badum bum.

Wondering how shitty FCP7 is going to look running on this. ... not completely sure I care, which might be the wrong place to put my priorities (as someone who is paid to edit). Oh well.

rezuth

Preface: I'm a video editor.

Ethernet is not legacy. Some of us "pros" actually need our macbook pros to have the necessary ports so we can do our jobs. If Apple doesn't update the Mac Pros then I'm jumping ship to a Windows based tower based on the new thunderbolt Asus boards. Apple's adoption of FCPX has made this decision substantially easier.

And no... adapters are not good enough.

Go on and tell me what necessary ports you need.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
you think they could have used an adapter for HDMI and still could have kept Ethernet...

Top Bottom