• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWDC12 Thread of iOS 6, Mac OS X Mountain Lion and iCloud

pxleyes

Banned
Preface: I'm a video editor.

Ethernet is not legacy. Some of us "pros" actually need our macbook pros to have the necessary ports so we can do our jobs. If Apple doesn't update the Mac Pros then I'm jumping ship to a Windows based tower based on the new thunderbolt Asus boards. Apple's adoption of FCPX has made this decision substantially easier.

And no... twin thunderbolt ports are not great if they're occupied by previously unneccessary adapters.

Sound like you are switching. Good luck with that.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
"By not purchasing standard parts..."

$500,000 laptop

Holy shit this thing is a beast. Love what they've done here and I'm drooling over it. 15" is too big for me but otherwise it's a thing of beauty.

Enco

The screen is going to make everything so small.

I predict lots of soccer moms turning down the resolution to 800x600 so they can see.

JackEtc

I'm getting more and more nervous every second that they don't say the price.

Please pull a Vita bombshell and undercut everyone

Hari Seldon

I replaced the opticals with SSDs in both my mac laptops over a year ago. Best thing ever. Leave the past behind, with no regrets.

It is not the past if you still have software on fucking DVDs and disks. This is supposed to be Pro as in professional not some stupid blogger machine. I guess I'll have to seek work capable laptops elsewhere now.

mclaren777

$2599

My guess...

Don't be silly.

ib28i1vCq4SqOf.jpg

Kosmo

Banned
“The thermal system operates in a way that is nearly imperceptible to users.” Asymmetrical fan blades splits the fan noise over more frequencies, so they are perceived as quieter."

What. Brilliant.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
The screen is going to make everything so small.

I predict lots of soccer moms turning down the resolution to 800x600 so they can see.

I was thinking about this as well. Wonder if Mountain Lion would have a work around for this or what without pixelating stuff through scaling.

Sean

Banned
The fact that it's being hyped this much, and was announced as a separate part of the MBP lineup means it's gonna be expensive as fuck.

3k minimum I bet, probably closer to 4k.

Futureman

It is not the past if you still have software on fucking DVDs and disks. This is supposed to be Pro as in professional not some stupid blogger machine. I guess I'll have to seek work capable laptops elsewhere now.

did you miss when they updated the standard MBP line? It's not gone.

Top Bottom