• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWDC13 Thread of iOS 7 & Mac OS X 10.9, where a whole new world's developing

hirokazu

I remember hearing at the time that one of the developer/beta releases of iOS 6 was actually the GM and had no restrictions on who could install it.

Yeah, just found a post about it from the time, possibly this is the one they meant?
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking, but that guy claims he could install all the iOS 6 betas, which I'm a bit skeptical about.

giga

Gotta wonder if all he got was a screen grab of the home screen. Also Michael Steeber is one of the few people who really annoys me, his twitter feed is even worse than mine.

rYUn+

lol

jts

...hate me...
I'm guessing that Helvetica Neue UltraLight system-wide means the end of the line for the 3GS.

It had a good run.

Umm... thinking further about it, I'm basing this on non-retina screens being less than optimal for such small and thin fonts, but that would also mean the end of the line for the iPad 2 and mini. Which wouldn't be right.

Could also mean that the iPad would be getting more specific and tailored UI elements? I dunno. But I speculate.

Nicktendo86

I'm guessing that Helvetica Neue UltraLight system-wide means the end of the line for the 3GS.

It had a good run.

Umm... thinking further about it, I'm basing this on non-retina screens being less than optimal for such small and thin fonts, but that would also mean the end of the line for the iPad 2 and mini. Which wouldn't be right.

Could also mean that the iPad would be getting more specific and tailored UI elements? I dunno. But I speculate.

I read that the iPad version of ios7 is coming after the iPhone version so that could add weight to your theory.

linkboy

I'm going into this fully expecting not to be able to upgrade to 10.9 (my MBP is a 2007 model).

Oh well, it had one hell of a run and it's still going.

Can't wait to see iOS 7.

LCfiner

So what are we expecting for OS X?

I hope for Siri integration, also on MacBook Airs from 2011.

rumor was, aside from some maps and Siri integration, there would be some sorta-power user features like tabbed finder windows and multimonitor full screen support. I don't think the source of that rumor had a track record, though.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Highly doubt this will be an AppleTV exclusive stream...just seems to be in line with previous "view it on every Apple device" implementations from before.

Looking forward to seeing what's behind the curtain on iOS7.

mitheor

Live Streaming video requires Safari 4 or later on Mac OS X v10.6 or later; Safari on iOS 4.2 or later. Streaming via Apple TV requires second- or third-generation Apple TV with software 5.0.2 or later.

So not from Windows?

I´ll have to use a mirror then.

panda21

damn.. i'm going to watch the first half hour of the 'bone conference and then its apple all the way. this seems far more exnticing

hope there is a osx graphical redesign, and they have useful new features instead of bad ios stuff no one uses

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Is there any chance that I'll be able to download iOS 7 shortly after the conference?
Development beta, almost definitely. Final release, almost definitely not.

DarkJC

It's actually not bog-standard h264, it's going to use the HTTP Live Streaming protocol like they've used for their other live streams.

Top Bottom