• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWDC13 Thread of iOS 7 & Mac OS X 10.9, where a whole new world's developing

I've spent a bit more time comparing apps, here's a few images:

Safari-App-Comparisons.jpg

Music-App-Comparisons.jpg

Notes-App-Comparisons.jpg

Loads more here:
http://iosguides.net/ios-7-apps-comparisons/

Guys.. I could be wrong here (just used for a few minutes) but I'm pretty sure Safari reloading when going back is finally fixed in Mavericks.

LeleSocho

Banned
Allow me to warn you all against using Mavericks just yet. I just went through a 3 hour time capsule restore because it was causing a few crucial apps to crash over and over. Nothing much to see there anyway.

I know it's still early but do you find any difference in battery life?

Ouch.. "Enable access for assistive devices" is gone in Mavericks. Sucks for a lot of utility apps.

Safari Power Saver is pretty neat though.

hirokazu

surprised they didn't do more to iMessages. These days, messaging apps can send photos/videos, make calls, custom emoticons, send locations, send contacts, audio messages, and more. Yet iMessages can only...send photos/videos.
Huh? You can do all those things except audio messages and custom emoticons.

Is it not on by default? It seems like an odd setting to remove.
Nope, all my apps needing it from before ask to enable it. I'll look around to see if there's a Terminal command still out there, or maybe they moved it somewhere.

Honestly haven't noticed anything different with scrolling performance, except it's more glitchy.

Edit: There is a noticeable improvement in Safari though.

Shearie

Another question to anyone in the iOS 7 beta. Have they expanded the options for Do Not Disturb? In particular, can it work while the phone is unlocked?

Burger

iTunes wont let me install apps onto the phone for some reason.

iOS 7 on iPhone 4 is just as agonising as 6 was. Upgrade in the fall I think.

Ashhong

Hmm so is there no setting to toggle just how translucent you want the layers to be? Seems like an obvious setting, but maybe too much for Apple to allow users to do.

Also what's with the ugly textured background on the Notes app :( I thought they wanted everything flat and simple.

No thanks. Gimmicky crap. Reminds me of old Android phones that let you customise LED notification flash colours; tacky and tasteless.

How the hell is this tacky and tasteless? That's a great feature imo.

iTunes wont let me install apps onto the phone for some reason.

iOS 7 on iPhone 4 is just as agonising as 6 was. Upgrade in the fall I think.

Right now I'm trying it out on a iPod Touch 5G, but my iPhone is a 4. I've been kinda dreading to think of how it'll run on there.

Is it at least not significantly slower than iOS 6 is on there?

Burger

Right now I'm trying it out on a iPod Touch 5G, but my iPhone is a 4. I've been kinda dreading to think of how it'll run on there.

Is it at least not significantly slower than iOS 6 is on there?

It's not significantly slower, but the phone is 3 years old and it shows. I'm surprised they included it.

It's not significantly slower, but the phone is 3 years old and it shows. I'm surprised they included it.

Well, they are still selling the iPhone 4, so they want to keep it current. But it is the only A4 device getting iOS7.

Notice how the 4th gen iPod Touch was quietly discontinued a couple weeks ago, and hey, no iOS 7 (although I think that only has 256MB of RAM, where the iPhone 4 has 512, so that makes a difference)

The one iOS7 quirk I'm trying to figure out is why the 3rd gen iPad isn't getting AirDrop, but the Mini is.

Anyone got any insight into that omission? 3rd gen iPad can't be that stale.

calza

The one iOS7 quirk I'm trying to figure out is why the 3rd gen iPad isn't getting AirDrop, but the Mini is.

Anyone got any insight into that omission? 3rd gen iPad can't be that stale.

The mini is the newest version, where as the 3rd gen iPad is not. Got to have a reason to upgrade.

NekoFever

More vibration stuff (this is in Notification Centre)
Looking at that screenshot, I wonder how the phone is going to handle networks with really long IDs. O2-UK kind of fits, but my work phone has 'vodafone UK' along the top and it already looks cluttered, even without the longer signal indicator for iOS 7.

JonnyBrad

Looking at that screenshot, I wonder how the phone is going to handle networks with really long IDs. O2-UK kind of fits, but my work phone has 'vodafone UK' along the top and it already looks cluttered, even without the longer signal indicator for iOS 7.

They will cut it and add ... They do this already on some long names.

Top Bottom