• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWDC13 Thread of iOS 7 & Mac OS X 10.9, where a whole new world's developing

The clock & calendar don't need to access the internet though, I think that's the main reason they haven't done it with the weather.

With the new multitasking rules that excuse is going to go out the window I think. Your podcast client, news reader, everything is going to hit the network as soon as you unlock.

Nori Chan

I rather not have a live weather app if it fucks up the battery. I was okay with the cloud and sun. Am I the only one that's okay with the safari look lol?

I'd do want them to change the camera though

LCfiner

I rather not have a live weather app if it fucks up the battery. I was okay with the cloud and sun. Am I the only one that's okay with the safari look lol?

I'd do want them to change the camera though

considering that ios7 is going to allow apps to update in the background (scheduled updates) I think they'll apply that to weather and update that temperature text.

if they do it every couple hours or whatever it'll take less time than updating a twitter app/ RSS app or whatever.

If it were truly live and updating all the time then it'd be a bit of a waste.

Tron 2.0

I wonder if the lack of an updating weather icon is due to a limited amount of time to design icons for each weather pattern.

Seems like a weird omission otherwise.

jstripes

Banned
Is it stable enough to be used daily? I mostly just use Safari and listen to music, don't really make voice calls.

Depends on your personal threshold for stability.

If you can tolerate a few glitches, sure. If glitches make you want to throw your phone against a wall, I'd wait a while.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Yeah, I don't plan on installing the DP1 of Mavericks for any long amount of time. I'll wait for a later beta that's more stable to switch for real testing. Also once I get confirmation that Parallels either works fine or has been updated in anticipation.

As for the iCloud folder. I dunno. Maybe it's like "All my files" and is only available in the sidebar? Someone want to check if it's there, and if not, open Finder Preferences and see if it can be turned on.

Yeah, I don't plan on installing the DP1 of Mavericks for any long amount of time. I'll wait for a later beta that's more stable to switch for real testing. Also once I get confirmation that Parallels either works fine or has been updated in anticipation.

As for the iCloud folder. I dunno. Maybe it's like "All my files" and is only available in the sidebar? Someone want to check if it's there, and if not, open Finder Preferences and see if it can be turned on.
It's not there, I dunno wtf they're talking about re: an iCloud folder.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I wonder if there next processor for iPhone is tune to work with the new background scheduling agent more efficently.
Wouldn't be surprised. Apple's always striving to enhance battery life in all its devices.

Question for the iOS 7 crowd: When a folder contains more than 9 apps, does it show page dots like the homescreen?

Thanks, I couldn't tell in the keynote because the bottom of the screen was cropped off.

Looks like this:

9029627093_735f83a7a2_z.jpg

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Maveicks has cocked up my menu bar. It's removed a bunch of system stuff like login, clock, spotlight, volume and bluetooth and if I try to add them back from Finder then Finder just crashes. :(

Anyone else having this problem?

KLiSZQ8.png

GWX

How do I download Safari 6.1 Beta? I wanted to check out the new features and, mostly, to see if the whole "reloading page when going back/forward" issue is gone.

sikkinixx

I have the iOS7 beta ipsw sitting there staring at me. After playing with it on someone else's phone today it want to be released already.

Mr Swine

Banned
I like that the interface mostly go away as you start scrolling a web page. But when it's there, I think it's really ugly. Switching between open pages is more sluggish than before for me.

Ok, sounds good that the interface goes away, hope its there in the iPad iOS 7. Now that its more sluggish I hope they fix it up before release

numble

A 3rd presentation about iBeacons in the Apple Store App session. This one had a live demo with them turning beacons on and off on stage and watching he iPhone react. I'm sure this will feature prominently in the next keynote, if they don't need to share the stage with Mavericks and new Mac hardware:

F3yph8ml.jpg

ENM3NFYl.jpg

MohSOGPl.jpg

f5QGclzl.jpg

f9MQu6tl.jpg

vow6Xmvl.jpg

b2TwuJGl.jpg

PI42Av8l.jpg

zjMokeWl.jpg

NZer

A quick question that I hope someone can answer: for the tools/apps that are accessible via the control centre (flashlight, camera, calculator), do they exist as separate apps accessible from the home screen - or can you only access them via the control centre?

Top Bottom