• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWDC13 Thread of iOS 7 & Mac OS X 10.9, where a whole new world's developing

Hate to repost, but feel like a warning is useful.

Be sure to do a backup before starting an OTA update. They don't always work and you don't want to lose data.

NYR

The 3D effect of the wallpaper is much more significant, especially north to south and vice versa. You can definitely tell no matter if you have a stock flat image or a panorama image.

Reposting because I didn't see we had a new page and I was updating my post.

Here's what I've found so far.

Messages now works better, no misaligned text. The chat bubbles also come up from under the keyboard when you send like in the reveal video.

Reminders now appear in the notification center. I can actually check them off from within it without going to the app.

My wallpaper text has changed to black because it was a bright wallpaper, this didn't happen for me before.

Im not going to update my Mini yet. I think I prefer it to not have any issues, maybe in another beta.

Alright, so now the text for my apps is all black, and with a dark background it does not switch back to white. I can't read anything lol.

Just noticed, I have 4 apps now in background refresh, this may have been in a previous update but I had not noticed.

Google and Googlemaps both now work with background app refresh. Good for Google Now.

Update: Podcast app is not broken anymore. I'm able to remove downcast. It's working great again.

pxleyes

Banned
Voice memos is back. Safari definitely seems faster as does the keyboard when typing.

Bluetooth was on by default, really wierd. Talk about unneeded battery drain.

Interesting boot up - it started with the intial set up of a phone, was a little scared it reset the phone but all good!

BT is on by default with every new iPhone, so I'm not surprised.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Reposting because I didn't see we had a new page and I was updating my post.
Google and Googlemaps both now work with background app refresh. Good for Google Now.

Here's what I've found so far.

They added 3rd party app support for Background App Refresh in this seed, so that's why.

You can see in Settings > General > Background App Refresh which apps are supported on your device (as you mentioned), I have about 20 in there now (Facebook, Flickr, Twitter, Shazam, Photos, Compass, Weather etc. etc.).

Anyone here not like how spotlight is a swipe from the middle of the screen? Or do you get used to it? Can that be changed? Back to the old spotlight?

They added 3rd party app support for Background App Refresh in this seed, so that's why.

You can see in Settings > General > Background App Refresh which apps are supported on your device (as you mentioned), I have about 20 in there now (Facebook, Flickr, Twitter, Shazam, Photos, Compass, Weather etc. etc.).

Huh, Photos, Compass, Flickr, Facebook... none of those are in there for me lol.

Also my entire homescreen is stuck with black text I can't get white back, not even for the top bar. lol.

aza

No visual changes?

It looks like they've only made small changes, nothing major. If you have a bright wallpaper, UI text is now black instead of white. The wallpaper's 3D effect is now more pronounced, like someone else mentioned. I've also noticed that they've changed the clock icon in the Control Center.

It looks like they've only made small changes, nothing major. If you have a bright wallpaper, UI text is now black instead of white. The wallpaper's 3D effect is now more pronounced, like someone else mentioned. I've also noticed that they've changed the clock icon in the Control Center.

Im super annoyed at the text. I have a dark almost entirely black wallpaper and I still can't get white text back. The black is much harder to read.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
The skinny fonts seem like they could be an issue for non-retina displays though.

Do people who use non-retina devices even deserve the eyes in their skull, though?

Xrenity

Yay voicerecorder's back.

When I want to move an app, I can't end it hy pressing the home button anymore though :p

Wonder what battery's like.

Meantime

The new pinky/blue wallpaper seems to have gone. Weird. It looked pretty ugly though. This one (the left one) :

Screen-Shot-2013-06-13-at-4.43.16-PM.jpg

the release notes on Apple's dev portal that are labelled beta 2 are still beta 1 notes.

Well that sucks. :)

edit: Seems my update troubles were due to having the old Xcode 5 DP running while I was restoring (after two or three failures I realized it was open and the next restore was fine).

Some changes from Macrumors

- new Siri voice
- Reduce Motion is know referred to as "Parallax"
- Voice Memos are back: now featuring incorrect sound waves (you'd think Apple engineers might take a physics class or two?)
- New Messages.app animations : no more waddling into the thread
- Tapping on a calendar event in the Today section of Notification Center now actually takes you to that event in your calendar.
- No more status bar funkorama in old apps
- iCloud Keychain is now adoption during setup*
- A brief explanation of iMessage and FaceTime are now provided Turing setup
- iPad beta is now available!*
- Legibility of text on some buttons has increased*
- Better album art display on lock screen*
- More appropriate animation for entering/leaving an app when the icon is not on the particular page where left off
- New animation upon photo deletion
- Social icons (Facebook, Twitter etc) in settings have been updated.*
- The FaceTime app is now black & blue with a much better blurry front camera background (meaning it's actually usable now)*
- Removed the hideous default wallpaper
- I'm not sure where these asterisks are coming from******
- Improved text shadowing and display on home screen*
- Swipe to go back now works in apps like Photos and Music
- iCloud backup now appears to be working

So it seems double-tapping the home button at the lock screen doesn't invoke the playback controls anymore?

Not really a fan of that.. I like that the controls are always visible if you're playing music, but if you pause the music and then lock your phone you can't play it from the lockscreen, that's super lame.

Edit: Actually nevermind, I don't like the persistent playback controls either. If you're playing music you can't see the time from the lock screen.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
What does the background app refresh even do? I had weather selected there, but the weather app would still always update only after I launched it. It would always first do autolocation and then weather update.

numble

Are there any bugs with iMessage or FaceTime on beta 2 for iPad mini? I will jump on the beta if they don't have major issues.

Flo_Evans

What does the background app refresh even do? I had weather selected there, but the weather app would still always update only after I launched it. It would always first do autolocation and then weather update.

it downloads updates from the app store automatically doesn't let it pull data in the app itself.

Top Bottom