• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWDC13 Thread of iOS 7 & Mac OS X 10.9, where a whole new world's developing

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
More screenshots of iPad, please!

Anyway, I hope a Mavericks update is coming too. Finder is a bit fucked up right now in that it sometimes remembers open folders but others will completely forget all of them and opens with nothing. As soon as that's fixed, I will actually start using it normally. Unless there's a way to use AppleScript to open a single Finder window with a set of preset folders all in tabs.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Open folder on iPad. Another example of wasted space:

3bxRqQ0.png

I'm noticing that when my phone is locked and I get a notification my phone will buzz but when I wake it up, the lock screen is black. Go to the home screen and I'll see I have a new message but no lock screen notifications. Anyone else having this happen?

Maybe I should just reboot my phone, since I haven't since installing beta 2.

Pachimari

I thought the notification center filling out the whole iPad screen were one of the most request design changes.

Finally updated my iPhone. Seems very nice even though Skype still crashes but that's to be expected. Faster animations too.

But am I the only one who experiences that when I press the sleep button it actually doesn't go to sleep? It doesn't react at all. It was also that way on beta 1, in fact the problem only started today. May it be my sleep/off button which has broken? :(

Cause it only turns off the screen sometimes.

Appleman

Whoa. No idea if this was always a thing, but if you slide the camera icon on the lock screen like halfway, you can slam it back down with a flick and it bounces depending on how hard you slam it. You can even slam it down hard enough that it bounces up completely and activates the camera.

(This was probably in iOS6 and I'm just an idiot)

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
I thought the notification center filling out the whole iPad screen were one of the most request design changes.

Finally updated my iPhone. Seems very nice even though Skype still crashes but that's to be expected. Faster animations too.

But am I the only one who experiences that when I press the sleep button it actually doesn't go to sleep? It doesn't react at all. It was also that way on beta 1, in fact the problem only started today. May it be my sleep/off button which has broken? :(

Cause it only turns off the screen sometimes.
That sounds like software glitching to me, I had that the first time I updated straight to Beta 1 without a restore (instead of Restore-Updating), solved itself after I restored the phone and then recovered my backup. No issues since.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
There's finally some frosted glass underneath the status bar in Messages.app -- in beta 1 you could see your blue/white clouds under the transparency where the time/battery life was.. now it's all blurry and nice :)

Whoa. No idea if this was always a thing, but if you slide the camera icon on the lock screen like halfway, you can slam it back down with a flick and it bounces depending on how hard you slam it. You can even slam it down hard enough that it bounces up completely and activates the camera.

Yeah this is new in iOS 7.

NYR

Battery life is much better.

Two hours in and at 91%. Usually I'm down to 75% in that time when using beta 1.

NYR

lol, this is so dumb. You can slam it down so hard that it bounces back all the way to the top and opens the app.

I thought they were getting rid of the cheese factor?

just when I messed up my iPhone by enlarging everything with my ears I am offered beta 2

hope it works better I have a few broken apps I would like to work

Meantime

Battery life is much better.

Two hours in and at 91%. Usually I'm down to 75% in that time when using beta 1.

I'm still getting bad battery life. I went for a walk listening to a podcast and dropped from 100% to 81% in 50 minutes. It's better than it was in beta 1 (was regularly dropping 30%+ in 45 minutes on my trip to work, again just listening to podcasts) but it's still pretty terrible. My phone is still running very hot as well, although not as much as before.

Appleman

lol, this is so dumb. You can slam it down so hard that it bounces back all the way to the top and opens the app.

I think the bounce when you flick down notification centre is even worse, just really annoys me and makes me wait before I interact.

I honestly think the folders look hideous and are functionally annoying. I actually really liked the folder design in iOS6 where they were 'revealed' and I liked the heavy weighted folder name (and even the linen!). Would much prefer the iOS6 folders with the Mavericks aesthetic, and maybe a scrolling/paging system for more icons.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Open folder on iPad. Another example of wasted space:

3bxRqQ0.png
Not this way, Apple. Not this way. Hopefully it's an oversight. The folders should at least hold the same amount they did before per page. Which means one more row for iPhone (Instead of one more column) and a hell of a lot more for iPad. I think every page should hold the same amount as the home pages sans dock. That's just a waste. Thankfully it's probably going to change by release.

Maximus.

It's just a physics effect....not like you are accidentally gonna have open and slam it open without consciously making that decision.

NYR

Looks like there is a new arrow in the control center? I'm talking about the ^ arrow at the top. When you flick up, it is a flat line like - .

When you slide all the way up, it reaches the old arrow pointing down.

Same deal with notification center.

NYR

Ugh, black text on "bright" wallpaper is gross. It doesn't work, you should have the option of choosing the text color.

Picked a panorama of a mountain and a lake that I took. Looked great with white text in beta 1 - black makes it looks awful, unreadable.

Sullichin

Ugh, black text on "bright" wallpaper is gross. It doesn't work, you should have the option of choosing the text color.

Picked a panorama of a mountain and a lake that I took. Looked great with white text in beta 1 - black makes it looks awful, unreadable.

Having the same problem in beta 2 - it's choosing black text for the icon labels. But it's white on the lockscreen, where it SHOULD be black, because I can't read the time at all.

Shearie

Why oh why did they bring the Forward, Back, and Pause/Play buttons closer together again in the lock screen? It was perfect when they were spaced out.

mrkgoo

What happens in multitasking view when you hold the device landscape, but other apps were in portrait at the time(but have a landscape mode)?

I'm guessing the screens are probably screen caps and not actually being rendered real time is I imagine the apps will just appear sideways?

What happens in multitasking view when you hold the device landscape, but other apps were in portrait at the time(but have a landscape mode)?

I'm guessing the screens are probably screen caps and not actually being rendered real time is I imagine the apps will just appear sideways?
Yeah, it's a screenshot of whatever it last looked like.

LCfiner

Breaking: beta 2 fixes the spacing in the combined button of the back arrow and the word "Notes" in the title bar when you are in the middle of a note.

The choice of light yellow highlight colour in the Notes app is still horrendous and hard to read

Top Bottom