• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWDC13 Thread of iOS 7 & Mac OS X 10.9, where a whole new world's developing

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
So I guess that rules out them letting you unlock by swiping left -or- right. That was what I thought they were leading into by getting rid of the swipe bar.

numble

If it's just for unlocking without a code, that's weird. I mean, yay for greater security, sure, but how necessary is this?

My biggest hope for the next top-of-the-line iPhone model is that it'll undergo the same sort of drastic battery life increase that the MacBook Air just got.
If it has "Kit" in the name, it looks like it'll be an API.

If it's just for unlocking without a code, that's weird. I mean, yay for greater security, sure, but how necessary is this?

My biggest hope for the next top-of-the-line iPhone model is that it'll undergo the same sort of drastic battery life increase that the MacBook Air just got.

It probably opens the door for mobile payments similar to google wallet. At the very least I hope we'll be able to make app purchases without needing to enter a password.

Dany

Banned
Music controls don't work in lock screen or command center. Well damn :(
Edit: nvm I restarted my phone and it's working now.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
"Unauthorized" iOS 7 users beware, after updating you may come across this popup which never goes away;

BQXTFYNCcAASCwM.jpg

This is also happening to some actually registered devices (which seems like a bug!).

Yeah, I'm not sure how they got that. I've tried banners and alerts, iTunes Radio and local songs. They all have artwork, but it's not showing on the NC banner.

Maybe it's the mini player?

jts

...hate me...
I guess it will be built into the home button.

That has been the rumor forever, but I don't think that's the plan.

I saw a patent that shows the implementation of a sensor on an edge (on the side or perhaps under the button) and I believe that will be it.

Really excited for that tbh, but I got my iPhone 5 thinking of 2 years, so I'll have to hold.

On a business level, this will be very interesting. Filemaker Go authentication with fingerprint would be a game changer for me.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Since DP3, which didn't move at all. DP4 added the static arrow.
Well it sucks. I hope it comes back. The tiny triangle is not enough to know.

Though I do like that it backs up when my laptop is sleeping.
Arrow on Control Center is gone, NC has a flat line. Slide to unlock has an arrow:
Damn that's a nice lock screen.
I still like how the Growl "Music Video" style looks, but this is enough to not need it anymore. I can finally switch Growl to "Use Notification Center" and turn off notifications for Bowtie. (Which I still use because it performs more functions than just telling me the song, though I never listen to music in iTunes anymore.)

Does iOS still not have the "Add to Up Next" feature yet? It seems like such an obvious thing to add.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Go Go the company that does in flight wireless for all of the major airlines is celebrating getting 100k followers on Facebook by giving away a Mac Book air for those that care.

Entry Link

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Yeah the lack of Up Next support in the iOS Music player is so bizarre. It's even on the Apple TV for chrissakes.
Seriously! It's like my most wanted feature in iOS 7 since they put it in iTunes. There are days I want to plan out the order my songs will play in before I start driving and it would be so convenient and safer than trying to choose the right song when I get to a stoplight.

Though they still haven't made it so smart playlists can update themselves on iOS. You have to sync to iTunes in order to update them which is stupid since all my playlists are sorted by "Last played" so having them rearrange themselves on the device when I play my songs would be magical. How can they not figure this out? iCloud. Use it. Cloud Syncing. I never want to have to open iTunes again. Have iOS sync my metadata to the cloud, then sync my data from the cloud into iTunes' library in the background. Would be amazing. I mean I only recently finally deleted all my apps from my MacBook's SSD. Saved myself 3GB of useless space usage. (Yes I know the one benefit to keeping them on the drive is in case an app is removed. But really, how often does that even happen? Not enough for me to want to keep every single iOS app file backed up on my drive.)

btkadams

"Unauthorized" iOS 7 users beware, after updating you may come across this popup which never goes away;

BQXTFYNCcAASCwM.jpg

This is also happening to some actually registered devices (which seems like a bug!).

agh, was hoping to update ota while i'm at work, but i'll wait until i get home in case this happens. i'm registered, but i don't want to risk it.

numble

If you ask Siri to "Tell me a Joke," "Tell me a Story," "What's the Meaning of Life," or "Sing a Song" (probably more) they seem to have customized the voice inflections to sound very realistic for the sentence structures.

Ok just updated to beta 4 and it feels much snappier. I like the little adjustments they made. So far so good with my incoming calls answering twice and acting like conference call on mute. They are all coming in successfully.

mooooose

They definitely went backwards on a few things in terms of adding visual cues that don't rely on text.

I'm appreciative of this.

jts

...hate me...
Yeah, beta 4 is very much faster.

Anyway, it doesn't display the volume level anymore upon changing volume during video playback. Game changer. New to beta 4 or was it already there?

ramyeon

Haven't given a huge amount of time to testing it yet, but a few apps that had broken elements before now work better (Vsco Cam) and a few apps that had broken/bugged icons now have their proper icons again.

lexi

Banned
Bloody hell, did an OTA update and upon reboot it's prompting to connect to iTunes like pre iOS 5.

I'm registered and everything so I have no idea what the problem might be.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I'm seeing a nice improvement in battery life so far too.

Still annoyed the music controls are up by default on the lock screen.
They are, but I just tapped, slid, and otherwise pounded my phone against my leg and arm to see if it would change the settings. Nothing happened. No volume shift, no skipped songs, nothing. We'll see what happens when I've got it in my pocket, but hopefully that was just a bug they've somehow desensitized.

Bloody hell, did an OTA update and upon reboot it's prompting to connect to iTunes like pre iOS 5.

I'm registered and everything so I have no idea what the problem might be.
That blows. I'm not registered, and my OTA update worked just fine. I don't think I'll be updating to Beta 5 down the line in case they are actually able to hit the people they're really targeting. :x

Top Bottom