• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWDC13 Thread of iOS 7 & Mac OS X 10.9, where a whole new world's developing

Alright, hopefully this makes lockscreen music controls better, and stops songs from skipping back when I unlock.

Yeah, I'm really not sure why the Music app regressed so badly in beta 4 (though the addition of the "download all" button on playlists is nice), but it sure as hell did.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
All settings icons have been changed. (left is new)

screen-shot-2013-08-06-at-10-28-37-am.png

Yahoo in Notification centre

unknown.jpeg

New Twitter icon

brairb-caaevsnr-large.png

New slide to power off:

screen-shot-2013-08-06-at-10-42-41-am.png

Pull down banners:

screen-shot-2013-08-06-at-10-46-44-am.png

Dany

Banned
Sure it is. Beta1 was all white plus solid colored icons and bold sharp edges.

Now we are back to "buttons" and rounded edge icons.

It is still solid colors everywhere with minimlistic UI design. Colorizing icons in settings doesn't mean its going back to ios6; not by a long mile

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I wish all the app icons were like the new flat settings icons. So much nicer.
I wouldn't mind those as app icons, but having a full button icon for a list menue makes no sense.

You can touch the whole list item line to view it's settings, why does it it need a button/hit box cue?

EDIT: do those new icons from settings menue populate control center? They would make more sense there.

That Twitter icon looks bad. At first glance it looks totally out of place because everything else is encased in a rounded square. Then you realize it actually has a white background.

there is a toggle in control center settings for 'access within apps'. can finally use apps that scroll up and down without accidentally triggering it!

cjkeats

Hrrrm, my unlock sound is gone now.
Still clicks when it locks. Also did the power off screen change last beta or is that new? I don't remember.

Edit: looks like the update also freed up a gig or so of space.

SuperPac

This isn't a Beta 5 thing, but why did they remove "Post to FB/Twitter" on the notification center?

I'm guessing not many people used it versus using post prompts within apps and it doesn't really fit within the theme of notification center now which is just calendar and notifications (all or missed). It's kind of out of place in this new Notification Center.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I actually thought the screen-wide slider for powering off and answering calls looked really striking, I guess they went and turned em into buttons again.

LCfiner

Ok, they seemed to have fixed all the problems I had with the music player so far.

looks that way. the biggest improvement is in the hit targets for music controls on the lock screen. in beta 4, the spaces between the play/ff/rw buttons were tap targets for unlocking the screen. so you’d get the “bump” animation (the hint to start a drag) if you missed the play button by a few pixels. now the space around those buttons is dead. But the album artwork space is still a huge target for unlocking the phone.

there is a toggle in control center settings for 'access within apps'. can finally use apps that scroll up and down without accidentally triggering it!

My initial reaction, in two parts:

(a) This is great, didn't expect them to do that.

(b) Why is this not a per-app SDK setting? I'm totally onboard with letting users disable it but the real big impact right now is with the apps themselves.

Appleman

My initial reaction, in two parts:

(a) This is great, didn't expect them to do that.

(b) Why is this not a per-app SDK setting? I'm totally onboard with letting users disable it but the real big impact right now is with the apps themselves.

Because that would be totally inconsistent? At least this way users know why it's disabled, allowing users to disable on a per app basis might be a step in the right direction though, but could over complicate things

something that has really bothered me since day one is the fact that I cannot turn cellular data off/on in the lock screen. I need that infinitely more often than flight mode or bluetooth toggle.

RTsUCTB.jpg

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
have the headphone controls been re-activated? im updating right now.

something that has really bothered me since day one is the fact that I cannot turn cellular data off/on in the lock screen. I need that infinitely more often than flight mode or bluetooth toggle.

RTsUCTB.jpg

Can I get that wallpaper?

Because that would be totally inconsistent? At least this way users know why it's disabled, allowing users to disable on a per app basis might be a step in the right direction though, but could over complicate things

If it collides with a game, you have to quit out and manually know how to disable it. For most users this will not happen.

It is far more preferable for game developers to just shut down access while within the app. And it's certainly no more inconsistent than other things we do have control over, like tilt lock or the status bar. (Forcing iOS control over two sides of the screen is just ridiculous.

have the headphone controls been re-activated? im updating right now.

Can I get that wallpaper?

sorry, i just borrowed that image from here
you might be able to gimp a low res version from it... :-/

[edit]
this is the best I can do for the minute, does not do the high res display justice I'm afraid

RedAssedApe

Banned
performance seems better on my iphone 4. although i could just be making this up lol

think it would be nice if there was a black and white theme...b5 install background color changes depending on if you have a black phone or white one. but i guess the colorfulness looks better on white?

mrkgoo

performance seems better on my iphone 4. although i could just be making this up lol

think it would be nice if there was a black and white theme...b5 install background color changes depending on if you have a black phone or white one. but i guess the colorfulness looks better on white?

I think it has been designed for white phones even.

I've wanted this for a while though. Some thought put into both models and really cement their notion that software and hardware go hand in hand. Kind of like what they did with the nanos.

Thing is, the white version probably looks better overall and suits all the colours of the supposed plastic coloured phones.

cjkeats

Anyone else on an iPad 2? It's rebooted itself a nice few times.
My manga app works again after not working in 2, working in 3 but not 4. It's a cycle it seems, lol.

I think it has been designed for white phones even.

I've wanted this for a while though. Some thought put into both models and really cement their notion that software and hardware go hand in hand. Kind of like what they did with the nanos.

Thing is, the white version probably looks better overall and suits all the colours of the supposed plastic coloured phones.

One of the reasons I'm switching to a white iPad after all these years of owning a black iPad and iPod touch. Last white Apple device I had was the 5th gen iPod.

Top Bottom