• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWDC13 Thread of iOS 7 & Mac OS X 10.9, where a whole new world's developing

Mindwipe

I don't think I'm gonna install the beta on my main phone, just because if it's really buggy initially there's no way to roll back to 6.12 and regain my jailbreak, and the risk to my slimly retained push gmail is too great.

I don't think I'm gonna install the beta on my main phone, just because if it's really buggy initially there's no way to roll back to 6.12 and regain my jailbreak, and the risk to my slimly retained push gmail is too great.

Good point - going through the restore process would wipe out gmail exchange push mail account I presume. And you can't get it back now on new installs.

giga

BWVY+

of course

Seating is unassigned for devs and the keynote fills up. If you want to be in the main room I think getting there around the crack of dawn helps, but who knows with WWDC being so full now.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Any rumors on if there will be any kind of widget or live tile type implementation in iOS? they really need to do something like that imo.

numble

I don't get it?

Isn't it invite-only?

Why would you queue now?
Other Apple events are invite-only, but WWDC allows attendees (developers) to attend the keynote. I think there's actually a possibility of not being in the main auditorium if you line up late.

hirokazu

Looks legit. No carrier name?

That slide to unlock looks like a volume slider. That's no good UI at all!

Notifications and Widgets?

I dunno, I'll wait and see whether this is real or what.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Whatever they do, I hope they try to regain unity. Currently iTunes and the App Store have a completely different UI theming to the other Apple apps.

hirokazu

Whatever they do, I hope they try to regain unity. Currently iTunes and the App Store have a completely different UI theming to the other Apple apps.
Same problem with OS X.

That fake lock screen looks shit, but I gotta say the Settings looks quite nice even though its just a reskin.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Eh, i don't believe it. Apple would never get rid of the "slide to unlock" text.

Fuchsdh

Officially it's "OS Ten" but I feel like the X stopped being ten a long time ago.

I can't be alone in calling it OS eX. Anytime I head people pronounce it ten in conversation it always takes me a second.

I hope they finally officially change it.
No and never. Dumbing down Roman numerals is bizarre.

That said, to echo people above I don't really see what needs to radically change in OS X for a next gen OS. They've been adding so much stuff as the OS has matured, especially in regards to the Core X stuff in 10.4+.

Also I like the single syllable for ten.

Espresso

Banned
How long it normally takes Apple to put the keynote video up?

If I remember right, it's up immediately after the conference, whenever Apple's home page updates. I hope Apple allows Safari users to stream the keynote again this year.

hirokazu

I think I'm gonna hold out for the iOS 7 GM and not go through the betas, but I know I'm going to regret this decision because I'm gonna have the urge to get on the beta like the last two major iOS releases.

mcfrank

If I remember right, it's up immediately after the conference, whenever Apple's home page updates. I hope Apple allows Safari users to stream the keynote again this year.

Last event was streamed, hopefully this one will be too (even though I have meetings all day at work tomorrow and will miss most of the WWDC e3 fun until I get home)

Mindwipe

Supposed leaks of iOS 7 (courtesy of @appletipoff)

Yeah, those are fake. They look okay, but I would put good money at this point that the clock's font is not going to change to anything except maybe Helvetica Neue Ultra Light, which that ain't.

numble

Yeah, those are fake. The look okay, but I would put good money at this point that the clock's font is not going to change to anything except maybe Helvetica Neue Ultra Light, which that ain't.
Uh...

Edit: Thought you were responding to Nothing1016

jts

...hate me...
oKFDFRv.png

Guys, what font is this? It's not Helvetica Neue UltraLight.

It's Myriad Pro but with a custom weight right?

~~Hasan~~

i have a macbook pro 17 late 2009 model i think. core 2 due 2.8.

with 100Gig SSD and 8 GIG of RAM

the laptop is super fast for me which is why i didn't change it yet.

i really want to get the mac OSX 10.9.

i wonder, do you people think my system will support it ? or i will be left out -_-

Juice

i have a macbook pro 17 late 2009 model i think. core 2 due 2.8.

with 100Gig SSD and 8 GIG of RAM

the laptop is super fast for me which is why i didn't change it yet.

i really want to get the mac OSX 10.9.

i wonder, do you people think my system will support it ? or i will be left out -_-

Late 09? I think it'll probably support it. The biggest bottleneck holding macs back from upgrades has been 64-bit (you're fine) and GPU strength (you're better off than almost any of the intel integrated graphics to date).

I'd say its likely you're fine for 10.9

~~Hasan~~

Late 09? I think it'll probably support it. The biggest bottleneck holding macs back from upgrades has been 64-bit (you're fine) and GPU strength (you're better off than almost any of the intel integrated graphics to date).

I'd say its likely you're fine for 10.9

i hope you are right. thanks

and yes, the video card in it is very strong. i mean i can run LOL at it with high settings @ 60FPS. on the highest settings it dips to 40 FPS. but then again my screen Resolution is 1920 x 1200. which is a bit higher than FULL HD.

which is why i am in love with this laptop.

Top Bottom