• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE '13 |OT| Austin 3:16 says, I just whooped your *bleeped for PG*

I've been conditioned to anticipate a new wrestling game at this time of year so I'm looking forward to it. I bet I'll think it's great for the first week, start getting bothered by its faults the second week and then learn to despise the game halfway through week 3.

Oh well, if the community creations deliver (which they usually do) and the servers don't die then I'll enjoy the game.

The servers just never really worked last year. It was embarrassing. I actually liked the game too but I traded it off soon when I realized they weren't going to properly fix the issue with the content servers.

Linkified

Haven't bought a wrestling game since... Wrestlemania x8 on the Gamecube? lol

Like COD, like NBA 2K, I don't intend on buying more than one wrassling game per gen. I feel dirty paying full price, honestly.

You missed out on the best two wrestling games for Gamecube then, Day of Reckoning and Day of Reckoning 2.

Izick

I'm going to buy this but I'm not happy about it. The Attitude Era and the extensive roster is what sold me on the game overall, and I guess I understand why the models are lacking a bit since there are so many of them, but I just hope it plays decently. I just want a fucking fun WWF game that I can play with friends. It also helps the best wrestler in the world is on the cover.

I'm also sad they chose the "Ode to Freud" Manking instead of the best Mankind, being Mick Foley in the Mankind mask, but I've heard his "Wreck" theme is in there so I guess I'm happy with it.

I know the character models are bad, but

Gangrel = day 1.

Not to damper the party but he's DLC.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I'm going to buy this but I'm not happy about it. The Attitude Era and the extensive roster is what sold me on the game overall, and I guess I understand why the models are lacking a bit since there are so many of them, but I just hope it plays decently. I just want a fucking fun WWF game that I can play with friends. It also helps the best wrestler in the world is on the cover.

I'm also sad they chose the "Ode to Freud" Manking instead of the best Mankind, being Mick Foley in the Mankind mask, but I've heard his "Wreck" theme is in there so I guess I'm happy with it.

Not to damper the party but he's DLC.

I know. I'm totally part of the problem and I don't care.

Gonna buy it for the roster and creations alone. One thing I wish is that the moves animated like SYM and HCTP. The moves animate like complete shit in 12, like WCW Mayhem level. Boggles my mind that THQ would remove such fantastic move animations that they had in the PS2 games. The pedigree, stunner and pretty much every move looked perfect. Now they remove all the moves and give every character the same looking suplexes, body slams, clothslines etc which makes every character generic as fuck. What a shame.

I expect next years game to be a Monday Night Wars game full of Attitude/WCW/ECW wrestlers sprinkled with some legends. Which makes total sense given where to go from an Attitude era game. I am sure it will be epic as fuck if they can get Sting in the game.

Sick roster but needs

Ahmed Johnson
Test
Kurrgan
Silva
Golga
Chainz
8 Ball
Skull
Savio Vega
Mosh
Thrasher
2 Cold Scorpio
Blue Meanie
Hardcore Holly
Crash Holly
Stevie Richards
Raven
Yokozuna (early attitude)
Jake Roberts

Under TNA
Jeff Hardy
Matt Hardy
Al Snow
D Lo Brown
Jarrett
Angle
Dudleys
Taz

Could have been a crazy sick roster. Very surprised that Pillman and Chainsaw Charlie made it in.

Wow just saw that DDP is in the game too. So I bet the Attitude era ends when DDP invades. Sets up the Monday Night Wars game. Good move.

Giard

Damn the graphics are ugly... I feel as if my copy of RAW 2 has almost better graphics.

What's the gameplay like in these games? Any good?
Is Universe mode online and can you use CAWs in them?

Radec

Quick question, when you land a finisher the first time, how long does your enemy wakes up? 5secs like the previous wwe?

l always hated that :/

Buying RAW 13 cause I am a mark for the Attidue Era. Plus, I love just booking matches and the improved Universe mode has perked my interest.

blurrygil

I'm quite excited about this game, especially with the return of I Quit matches and KOTRs.

Does anyone know if damage and/or stamina effects carry over from match to match in KOTR mode?

If the Community Creations servers actually work this time, it's a huge step in the right direction for WWE.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I heard there were supposed to be two more DLC characters that haven't been announced yet. Don't know how true that is, but I'd love to get Sid and Scott Hall/Razor Ramon.

brumx

Wouldn't the ghetto Attitude sets get old after seeing them in custom arena so much. I much prefer the WCW sets of the era they where on beach and every season had a different one in WWF they where all the same.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I wish they'd just make a decent wrestling game with all Legends. I could care less about any of the John Cena generation.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I wish they'd just make a decent wrestling game with all Legends. I could care less about any of the John Cena generation.

It was decent!

MkRJJ.jpg

It was decent!

MkRJJ.jpg

If it had some kind of Universe mode, I would have continued to play the shit out of that game. That was the greatest roster ever assembled, when you consider that you could import smackdown Vs Raw too. My heart broke when this game did not do well.

Eidan

I'm buying. I'm just a sucker for this shit. Plan on wasting a lot of time obsessing over minor details of my CAW and feuding with a community created Dean Ambrose.

Jamie OD

Cactus Jack doesn't have his proper theme either. The last year has been weird with WWE when it comes to music. A lot of songs which I thought they owned the rights to get replaced in the games and DVDs. I almost find that to be as bad as censoring the WWF name and logos.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Cactus Jack doesn't have his proper theme either. The last year has been weird with WWE when it comes to music. A lot of songs which I thought they owned the rights to get replaced in the games and DVDs. I almost find that to be as bad as censoring the WWF name and logos.

Some of those themes are generic fillers used for sports beds and other background music, like the Hardy Boyz original theme or the Harlem Heat/Booker T theme (minus the Can you dig it sucker). WWE doesn't own those. The best ones are the ones that Jim Johnston did. WWE owns those.

brumx

What is this crap no Ministry taker with Big Show? Whats the point of Universe without any WCW or ECW layouts?

Soodanim

(This post is an hour late, thanks to watching old wrestling videos on YouTube. Happens every time I enter a wrestling thread.)

Woah woah woah. Moves as DLC? THQ you awful, awful people.

How is the CAW mode these days? I know they started to reduce it way back in Here Comes The Pain days (long live SDSYM and SDHCTP), so if they continued at that rate there must be nothing left by now.

Nostalgia is hitting me hard with this game. I haven't played a wrestling game since Legends of Wrestlemania and prior to that it was a handful of the good ol' N64 wrestling titles.

So what's the general consensus? I'm itching to buy this but some people paint the game as total crap.

Top Bottom