• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE '13 |OT| Austin 3:16 says, I just whooped your *bleeped for PG*

olimpia84

Even though I already saw the complete roster is there any way you can play as the nWo? I saw Nash is in but what about Hogan and Hall?

Even though I already saw the complete roster is there any way you can play as the nWo? I saw Nash is in but what about Hogan and Hall?
You'll have to download them off of Community Creations once people start uploading CAWs.

WWE '12 had tons of great CAWs up but unfortunately those servers were so unstable. Spent at least 30 minutes trying to download a really good Hollywood Hogan CAW.

olimpia84

You'll have to download them off of Community Creations once people start uploading CAWs.

WWE '12 had tons of great CAWs up but unfortunately those servers were so unstable. Spent at least 30 minutes trying to download a really good Hollywood Hogan CAW.

Cool, I just looked up this CAW stuff and saw some nWo footage for WWE 12 (I'm a bit behind when it comes to wrestling games, I believe the last one I bough was WCW/nWo Revenge) :p

Ban Puncher

tumblr_m9jy0kBwnU1qzl7f5o1_1280.png

DKd2a.jpg

dubq

damn really :( he is a legend , dat Olympic/angle slam was my move B^)

Dude, TNA & WWE are in the middle of a lawsuit right now (over the former TNA employee giving them info about TNA contracts). No one remotely associated with TNA right now would ever be in a current WWE game, Legend or not.

PS - the Angle Slam is in the game, however. Randy Orton uses it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm starting to worry that they're backing off promising JR commentary on Attitude Era stuff. At first, I excused it because it was early on and maybe they didn't have JR's stuff in, but they just uploaded the last batch of finisher videos, and Billy Gunn is still getting commentary from Michael Cole.

I'm wondering if they're going to cheap out and just put JR in the story mode

dubq

I'm starting to worry that they're backing off promising JR commentary on Attitude Era stuff. At first, I excused it because it was early on and maybe they didn't have JR's stuff in, but they just uploaded the last batch of finisher videos, and Billy Gunn is still getting commentary from Michael Cole.

I'm wondering if they're going to cheap out and just put JR in the story mode

It's always been that. JR only does commentary in the Attitude Story mode and Cole does all of the commentary in every other mode; and both are of course partnered with Lawler. Cory Ledesma confirmed this ages ago. ;) Mainly because a lot of it is lifted from live TV broadcasts to make it feel more real.

Hoarr

Neo Member

I cannot recall which game it was, but one of the last Smackdown vs Raw games had some GOD TIER CAWs available to download due to people finding out how to hack-in textures and upload to the network. It's one thing to cut and paste skin textures from previous WWE games, but it's something else altogether when people pulling skin textures from ALL games.

My favorite was this Spider-Man CAW that used all the costumes from Friend or Foe. Great, great stuff.

YoungHav

Banned
Is there any excuse to get hyped for this? The last Smackdown game I owned was '11. Usual complaints about AI and the removal of Japanese moves over the years aside, my biggest complaint was the fact that WWE Universe dismantled stables I spent the time and energy creating. Did they do that shit in '12 and was '12 a better game then '11? Is this shaping up to be a better game than '11, '12 or is this same shit different toilet?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Is there any excuse to get hyped for this? The last Smackdown game I owned was '11. Usual complaints about AI and the removal of Japanese moves over the years, my biggest complaint was the fact that WWE Universe dismantled stables I spent the time and energy creating. Did they do that shit in '12 and was '12 a better game then '11? Is this shaping up to be a better game than '11, '12 or is this same shit different toilet?

12 was better than most of their recent games despite being a huge mess of bugs. Universe did do that in 12, but in 13, they're giving you controls over Universe cutscene, so you can make choices to prevent break ups/ heel turns/ etc.

Is there any excuse to get hyped for this? The last Smackdown game I owned was '11. Usual complaints about AI and the removal of Japanese moves over the years, my biggest complaint was the fact that WWE Universe dismantled stables I spent the time and energy creating. Did they do that shit in '12 and was '12 a better game then '11? Is this shaping up to be a better game than '11, '12 or is this same shit different toilet?
The main selling point for this game is all of the Attitude Era stuff. I would guess that if you don't care for any of that I don't think you'd be interested in picking this one up.

I like that they're giving us more control over Universe. That was one of my problems with last year's game.

YoungHav

Banned
^^ yup, Attitude Era was peak. Lookin' forward to it if the game is good. Wish they gave WCW it's due and included the nWo in this, IIRC the nWo was the whole reason for the Attitude Era shift right?
12 was better than most of their recent games despite being a huge mess of bugs. Universe did do that in 12, but in 13, they're giving you controls over Universe cutscene, so you can make choices to prevent break ups/ heel turns/ etc.
ok good. I have had to remake the Horsemen, nWo, so many times in '11... lol.

You can rip ISOs of the game and replace videos, wrestlers, etc with others assets. You obviously need a hacked/modded console to play the final product, though.
I don't know if it will still work this year, but they figured out a way to do it on unmodded consoles:

http://thewrestlinglegendsforum.com/silverdome/index.php?topic=6210.0

^^ yup, Attitude Era was peak. Lookin' forward to it if the game is good. Wish they gave WCW it's due and included the nWo in this, IIRC the nWo was the whole reason for the Attitude Era shift right?
Sure, they could get DDP, Nash, Hall (if they wanted to fund his drug habit), Macho Man, and possibly Goldberg but no Hogan, Flair, or Sting (due to TNA) makes WCW/NWO-era stuff pointless.

It was a mixture of ECW, what was going on in WCW, and getting your ass kicked in the ratings every week.

YoungHav

Banned
I don't know if it will still work this year, but they figured out a way to do it on unmodded consoles:

http://thewrestlinglegendsforum.com/silverdome/index.php?topic=6210.0

Sure, they could get DDP, Nash, Hall (if they wanted to fund his drug habit), Macho Man, and possibly Goldberg but no Hogan, Flair, or Sting (due to TNA) makes WCW/NWO-era stuff pointless.
I wish they stopped being fools and put all their movesets in the game. It was one of the reasons I took a 5yr break from the series as all these awesome movesets and Japanese/Mexican movesets started disappearing. LOL there was no Hogan moveset in '11 so I had to give him a Legdrop from the top rope as his finisher.

so this on somethingawful (someone has the game already)

spoiler from one of the attitude era scenarios

"I just finished recreating Montreal complete with Bret spitting on Vince and signing 'WCW' in the air. There's a weird cutscene before it happens where a 'cameraman' walks into a dressing room and we see Vince, Shawn and Triple H planning something, with Hunter saying "F that! If he doesn't want to do business, we'll do business FOR him!" before they notice the cameraman and shut the door "

that's cool as hell they included that (even if it happened in a different location, and day).

I'm completely ignorant on all sports games, so I don't know how far out this question is, but can you have custom soundtracks from the consoles hard drive?

Anth0ny

so this on somethingawful (someone has the game already)

spoiler from one of the attitude era scenarios

"I just finished recreating Montreal complete with Bret spitting on Vince and signing 'WCW' in the air. There's a weird cutscene before it happens where a 'cameraman' walks into a dressing room and we see Vince, Shawn and Triple H planning something, with Hunter saying "F that! If he doesn't want to do business, we'll do business FOR him!" before they notice the cameraman and shut the door "

that's cool as hell they included that (even if it happened in a different location, and day).

okay i'm buying this now

brumx

Universe will be so confusing to do in this one since there is no WCW or ECW sets/wrestlers. Nothing will match at all.

It's so fucking awful that THQ closed down San Diego, and basically any hope of All-Stars coming back with a bigger sequel. Hands-down the most fun wrestling game since the N64 golden age.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
It's so fucking awful that THQ closed down San Diego, and basically any hope of All-Stars coming back with a bigger sequel. Hands-down the most fun wrestling game since the N64 golden age.

Man, I know. Such a great game. I'd play it much more often if the PS3 version didn't have that shitty "caching" thing. Basically the game has to install 700MB every time you play. Unless you haven't played anything else since the last time you played All-Stars. It's a really stupid design decision and has kept me from playing as much as I'd like. Still, it's a wonderful game, probably the closest to the N64 titles we're going to get.

Here's a ton of gameplay from THQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyNXQuRtDmw&feature=g-all-u

DBry has his own championship entrance

Ugh, the game still looks so soft, floaty, and slow. Still sounds bad too. I'd love to be excited for this with the improved Universe mode and the Attitude Era stuff, but the gameplay is still filled with the same issues they've had for years and years. Barely played WWE12 and I'm sitting this one out.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I'd trade like, half of my video game collection for a new, Spike-developed puroresu game. King of Colosseum III, a new Fire Pro (XBL one obviously doesn't count), hell I'd even take a new Square Enix-developed All-Star Pro Wrestling IV. I'm just tired of Yukes' crap being the only choice for wrestling games. =/

I'd trade like, half of my video game collection for a new, Spike-developed puroresu game. King of Colosseum III, a new Fire Pro (XBL one obviously doesn't count), hell I'd even take a new Square Enix-developed All-Star Pro Wrestling IV. I'm just tired of Yukes' crap being the only choice for wrestling games. =/

100% this. Heck, I'd even settle for a Wrestle Kingdom 3.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Hell I'd even settle for Yukes if it was DoR 3, but noo, we can't have that anymore because they eventually disbanded that team!

Linkhero1

Hell I'd even settle for Yukes if it was DoR 3, but noo, we can't have that anymore because they eventually disbanded that team!

I would have been all over DoR3. I can't wait for THQ to lose the WWE license so someone else can make something better.

VoxPop

My reason for getting this game every year is for the hope of getting perfect object physics. Like moves on top of ladders, chairs, etc. I thought they were the closest to getting it right in the game right before WWE 12. Hopefully they get it right this year. Lol @ THQ nickel and diming everyone for someone like Ryback.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Anyone know how saves worked in WWE 12? My brother and I will both be getting it, but I'm going to save my profile/game on a USB. In the past, it unlocked certain wrestlers under my profile when I was playing with him, but I'm wondering if superstar threads and CAWs are the same way

I'm surprised that I am actually excited for this game. Last wwe game I played was smackdown vs raw (the first one). I will probably buy this at some point, hopefully I won't be disappointed.

Anth0ny

Is the THQ and WWEShop really the only stores that sell the Austin 3:16 edition? Shipping is a mother fucker on both >_>

Top Bottom