• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K15 |OT| Awww, Did Someone Not Get The Features They Wanted?

Alienous

Methinks they scanned CM Punk's face and aren't sure they can legally use it so whipped one up drunkenly.

I bet if you look closely he's actually called 'CM Pnuk' in the game.

Kane1345

Ahh thank god, I was worried for a second that Wrestling had gone to some really weird places since I stopped watching.

Jerry: "AND IT LOOKS TO ME, LIKE THE GHOST OF RAW STRIKES AGAIN!"

Jim: "...Collusion!"

e.t.c

Kind of want this storyline in RAW next week.......

Matush

QuarterlySkinnyAlaskanmalamute.gif

Holy shit! LOL!
Wait, what? Is this bug, or "real life"?

Another thing for the OP: 1 vs 1 ladder is in. It's just TLC now. It's the same match type.

TLC = Ladder now since Tables and Chairs end up getting used in a ladder match anyways.

Here is a video for proof.

You can't play a 3-5 player TLC/Ladder match.

I was going to rent this for the visuals but this looks like a disaster.

Are buying moves for wrestling games also what's hot in the streets now? Lol.

Hasney

Not only buying them, but if you got the deluxe pack or season pass, you still have to pony up extra!

Yeah, they've been doing this the last few years unfortunately. The fact that they didn't include it in the Season Pass is terrible.

Rapstah

It looks like rope break is enabled by default, but there's no graphic for it. That's a shame. It just looks like people are kicking out by themselves at 0 now.

I think Triple Threat and Four Way matches have Extreme Rules as an option. So a No DQ option is available for both of them.

If might just be better to state that they removed match creator options to customize some specifics of the match.

Also, I don't give a shit if it just looks this good in the intro, Trips looks fantastic here:

iUIGHVWA6zE4v.gif

But it's not a glitch or a moment when the game looks shitty so why include it in the OP, right?

Hasney

It looks like rope break is enabled by default, but there's no graphic for it. That's a shame. It just looks like people are kicking out by themselves at 0 now.

Oh thaaaaaattttt's what happened in that Undertaker/Sting match. I thought Sting just no-sold a tombstone since there was a long pause without the ref counting too. There was literally no voice or graphic to indicate otherwise.

Depressing that no one else can even make a wrestling video game anymore. I've always been a die hard WWE fan, but when AKI was making the WCW/nWo games you're damn right I was buying those over Acclaim's hot garbage.

Now hot garbage is my only option and I don't even want to buy it.

I wish Nintendo would revive their old Pro Wrestling IP and give it to SynSophia or the team that made WWE All-Stars.

Rapstah

Cage matches seem 100% functional in the current-gen versions with the new stamina system. Rey Mysterio escaped on his first try in the stream going on right now, and it was AI vs. AI.

Cage matches seem 100% functional in the current-gen versions with the new stamina system. Rey Mysterio escaped on his first try in the stream going on right now, and it was AI vs. AI.

Cage matches have always been terrible in Yukes games. Actually, in most wrestling games.

Depressing that no one else can even make a wrestling video game anymore. I've always been a die hard WWE fan, but when AKI was making the WCW/nWo games you're damn right I was buying those over Acclaim's hot garbage.

Now hot garbage is my only option and I don't even want to buy it.

I wish Nintendo would revive their old Pro Wrestling IP and give it to SynSophia or the team that made WWE All-Stars.

If No Mercy was released today we would be talking about how the full intros were cut, the terrible slowdown when 4 players were on the screen and there would be a boycott due to the save glitch.

I honestly don't know how I got lucky enough to avoid that save glitch with a launch copy. I still have it as well.

Rapstah

Cage matches have always been terrible in Yukes games. Actually, in most wrestling games.

They may still suck, but at least the AI isn't hard-coded to get up as soon as you try to climb the cage.

Edit: Shield entrances still use their Survivor Series 2012 mini-tron. Whoever hits Yuke's up with these things needs to get better at it.

They may still suck, but at least the AI isn't hard-coded to get up as soon as you try to climb the cage.

That's the problem though, it's hard to make a good match out of them. I obviously don't want Rey climbing out on his first attempt but I also don't want guys popping right back up either.

They are a really difficult match type to build, I imagine.

Rapstah

Bad News Barrett no longer has the cape in his entrance. Did he drop that before his injury? I distinctly remember thinking Yuke's would have an easy time making him because he still entered the exact same way as in late 2012.

Edit: Seth Rollins gets cheered when he enters, Bad News Barrett gets booed.

Bad News Barrett no longer has the cape in his entrance. Did he drop that before his injury? I distinctly remember thinking Yuke's would have an easy time making him because he still entered the exact same way as in late 2012.

I don't think he has ever had it in the games?

He didn't drop it before his injury.

That's the problem though, it's hard to make a good match out of them. I obviously don't want Rey climbing out on his first attempt but I also don't want guys popping right back up either.

They are a really difficult match type to build, I imagine.

If only Yukes had 15 years worth of experience in order to perfect that match type.

Wait...

Hasney

SnappyCheeryDoctorfish.gif

(Vid because I can't find anywhere to upload a large GIF of decent quality: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdSioK9xZcY)

If No Mercy was released today we would be talking about how the full intros were cut, the terrible slowdown when 4 players were on the screen and there would be a boycott due to the save glitch.

I honestly don't know how I got lucky enough to avoid that save glitch with a launch copy. I still have it as well.

Trust me, those of us talking about it online did. I waited until the patched one was available in stores and that's the one I still have. Entrances still grind my gears, but at least we know it was a cart space thing and we don't have those limitations today. Hell, we even have Action Replay codes to enable the second half of the entrance.

Edit: Seth Rollins gets cheered when he enters, Bad News Barrett gets booed.

Makes sense. Would have been the backend of the Shield when they were all faces.

No Mercy had its own problems, but at least the gameplay was there. I don't care about the cut entrances or slowdown in four player matches if you don't disable the music because the game was actually fun to play. My friends and I still play it to this day.

Rapstah

Doesn't look like the new stamina system makes 6-man HIAC matches any less chaotic. The bigger difference seems to be that some animations are way longer, so you can pin someone while RVD is busy taking 20 seconds to jump out of the ring.

Hasney

Those 2 Triple H gifs made me think I was high. It looked like the smoke raised from retro H to modern H.
Doesn't look like the new stamina system makes 6-man HIAC matches any less chaotic. The bigger difference seems to be that some animations are way longer, so you can pin someone while RVD is busy taking 20 seconds to jump out of the ring.

Hm, I wonder if removing 2 people makes it any better....

... Wait

This is why I don't want more than 6 people in the ring. The matches always turn into a mess.

For arcade gameplay, the more the merrier, but when you're trying to have a sim experience it doesn't work out.

Edit: The patch yesterday apparently added 6 man modes for online play. I guess they could add more 3-5 man modes for single player, but they wont.

Hasney

This is why I don't want more than 6 people in the ring. The matches always turn into a mess.

For arcade gameplay, the more the merrier, but when you're trying to have a sim experience it doesn't work out.

All I really want it for is Royal Rumble and Survivor Series matches. If they can fit it in, they should do it as an option for other modes since I'll buy an XBox 1 and play 8 player local if we can work it out. It'd be like 8 player Smash, a fun novelty.

Rapstah

I think they've photoshopped the star tattoos off Batista's roster image? Seriously:

batista-nostarsd6s5i.png

Real Batista:

batista_1_full_20140130.png

Does he only have them on only one side?

Edit: his in-game model only has them on one side. I guess that's right then?

All I really want it for is Royal Rumble and Survivor Series matches. If they can fit it in, they should do it as an option for other modes since I'll buy an XBox 1 and play 8 player local if we can work it out. It'd be like 8 player Smash, a fun novelty.

Yeah, for those two modes I think it would work. I don't want an 8 man brawl in a HIAC though.

Hasney

Examiner - What WWE 2k15 got wrong on PS4 and XBox One

Nothing new here, but thought it was worth noting that it's getting some traction.

Ryback seems to be consistently booed in Showcase mode despite him being a babyface for all of that mode?

Well, I would boo Ryback. Maybe they're damn smark towns?

It's probably using his profile from the main game, as stupid as that would be, which will have him as a hell since there's no retro Ryback. He's cheered in cutscenes.

Rapstah

It's probably using his profile from the main game, as stupid as that would be, which will have him as a hell since there's no retro Ryback. He's cheered in cutscenes.

This would be the reason for every single one of the repeat characters then. In 2k14, they could have different entrance animations, Titantrons, music, and models across different attires, but not different move sets, and a lot of the people who both have a 2011-2012 version and a current version would have practically the same move set then as now.

Sephzilla

Yukes seriously needs to go.

It's sad that WrestleMania 2000 & No Mercy, games that are multiple console generations old, have better animations and moves feel like they have more impact.

Hasney

The community manager is apparently chasing something to do with the match modes. We'll see what happens. I very much doubt it, but it would be great if he said they're patching them back in.

I can't wait for the reviews to say the game was "disappointing" because of the removed modes, then WWE 2k16 puts them back in but removes the stamina system, and then sells the tired version of the moves in a move pack down the line.

Top Bottom