• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K15 |OT| Awww, Did Someone Not Get The Features They Wanted?

Looking at the season pass content, for each showcase it says there are a handful of playable characters. Does that mean its new attires or different iterations of the same character in the base game?

Rapstah

Looking at the season pass content, for each showcase it says there are a handful of playable characters. Does that mean its new attires or different iterations of the same character in the base game?

Probably new characters. I don't think they've done attires as DLC before.

smileypop

Neo Member
I'm glad to see Bobo posting! I really wanted this to be the game for me the rest of the year, but seeing it in it's current state kills me inside. I could have fought through some of the same old crap, but the loss of CAW slots and match types is too much. I just hope they take the good things that are there and move forward. I am renting it tomorrow just to have some closure ha. Looking forward to everyone impressions.

I'm glad to see Bobo posting! I really wanted this to be the game for me the rest of the year, but seeing it in it's current state kills me inside. I could have fought through some of the same old crap, but the loss of CAW slots and match types is too much. I just hope they take the good things that are there and move forward. I am renting it tomorrow just to have some closure ha. Looking forward to everyone impressions.

Thanks. You don't know how much it hurts that I've been looking forward to seeing a PS4 wrestling game for years. I had imagined how lifelike the characters would look, how smooth their animations would be, the better selling the better cpu would allow, the fighting in the crowd the more powerful hardware would allow, and things like that. Only to have my boyhood dream crushed. Now I lost my smile and I don't have any sunny days ahead of me.

smileypop

Neo Member
Thanks. You don't know how much it hurts that I've been looking forward to seeing a PS4 wrestling game for years. I had imagined how lifelike the characters would look, how smooth their animations would be, the better selling the better cpu would allow, the fighting in the crowd the more powerful hardware would allow, and things like that. Only to have my boyhood dream crushed. Now I lost my smile and I don't have any sunny days ahead of me.

I'm right there with you. My best friend and I have been waiting all year to play this and it's just such a disappointment.

Sephzilla

I was looking forward to a next-gen WWE game the moment 2K got attached to the franchise. But my excitement was killed the moment it was revealed that Yukes was still working on the game.

Xater

I know what you mean. My imagination went also wild, but of course Yukes had to happen.

I was looking forward to a next-gen WWE game the moment 2K got attached to the franchise. But my excitement was killed the moment it was revealed that Yukes was still working on the game.

My hype was slightly lowered, but I thought they were going to have a brand new engine atleast with all new animations. Really the best thing for the franchise would have been for EA to buy the rights, but I guess they didn't want to cause any conflicts with UFC.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
ZwPNwbG.gif

Is that supposed to be the shocked UT fan in the background? Also that supposed to be a clapping animation he's doing? Why does CM Punk look like Gomez Addams?

Sephzilla

My hype was slightly lowered, but I thought they were going to have a brand new engine atleast with all new animations. Really the best thing for the franchise would have been for EA to buy the rights, but I guess they didn't want to cause any conflicts with UFC.

I wanted the WWE rights to go to EA as well. I wish the WWE games had a fraction of the polish that Fight Night or UFC had.

Hasney

The tag version of Elimination Chamber is totally in. Someone played it on stream earlier.

Then how the fuck do you select it? It's not on any of the match select modes, unless that rumor about some matches only being in Universe/Career is true.

EDIT: Don't give it to EA. That UFC game was worse than any Yuke's WWE game.

I wanted the WWE rights to go to EA as well. I wish the WWE games had a fraction of the polish that Fight Night or UFC had.

Yeah it would be nice. Does anyone know what the guys that made Allstars are up to now? They were at Midway and then turned into THQ San Diego. Did they just disband after all stars? I'd like to reach out to some of the members of that time to see if there is interest in a kickstarter to make a new wrestling game.

Hasney

OT is missing updates to Universe Mode.......are there any?

You can pick the type of rivalry people are having when you unlock them.

Based on streams I've seen, submission matches are still crazy common.

Beyond that, if there's any background changes, we have no idea because 2k have been shit in giving out info.

El_Cinefilo

Yeah it would be nice. Does anyone know what the guys that made Allstars are up to now? They were at Midway and then turned into THQ San Diego. Did they just disband after all stars? I'd like to reach out to some of the members of that time to see if there is interest in a kickstarter to make a new wrestling game.

They should get them to make a Lucha Underground game!

Past

ignoring how his attire is wrong, ALL you need to do for a Tyson Kidd entrance is put a jacket over him along with some headphones and a cocky swagger, how difficult is that?

Considering they couldn't even update Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose theme song, pretty difficult apparently.

Hasney

Great idea, but they are really just AAA and I think Konami has the AAA license still since they released that AAA game made by a Mexican studio that didn't sell well.

But it came with a La Parka mask as a pre-order bonus, making it the best wrestling game purchase of last generation.

Omega

Banned
Best OT in the world

ZwPNwbG.gif

Now we have news that the "15 year Career" is as short as shit too since there's only 3 PPVs of your choice a year.

EDIT: OH YEAH, should probably note in there that the season pass only includes the Showcase DLC packs and not the Moves, WCW or NXT ones. And buying that pass is the only way to get Paige. YAYYYYY

haha.

and people say 2K is the best publisher

But it came with a La Parka mask as a pre-order bonus, making it the best wrestling game purchase of last generation.

To be honest the gameplay wasn't that bad. Story mode was entertaining. AI was incredibly cheap though and they kept shoving me in 3 and 4 on 1 matches. I wish it would have sold well because competition in wrestling videogames is like competition in real world wrestling. Just like WWE, the WWE games need some competition to wake them up.

Hasney

Liquidsnake is going to be out on the streets begging for Sting soon. I'll make my first match squashing him as a tribute.

I wish 2k would just actually communicate with people and tell us if the matches are fucking missing or not. It's so damn confusing now if Rapstah saw an Elimination Chamber Team match.

There's no YouTube video with it that I can see, just a last gen Shield V Wyatts one.

Rapstah

I can't find the stream where I saw the Elimination Chamber tag match so I can't find the replay and give you a time stamp, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't in Universe Mode.

Graphically or audibly? I think both, but sound is a bigger offender. You would think they would have wrestler specific chants in the game by this point. Interested in how the reviews turn out for this.

Sounds dont match reactions.

But them counting is pretty cool tho.

Rapstah

Okay, I found the stream. Dude streamed the game for 13 hours in one sitting and is streaming it again now, but regardless, it's in this archive. He starts going through the menus to get to it at 9:17:20. Play -> 6-man -> Elimination Chamber -> Tornado Tag.

Top Bottom