• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE All Stars |OT| No Yukes allowed

HeySeuss

Well I just saw Sgt Slaughter do a cross body of the top of a steel cage. I think I can die a happy man having seen everything.

On a serious note, why do the announcers still sound so canned and forced? It's not a fluid conversation or even close to one. It's the same random string of a few phrases like its been since the N64 days.

How many more generations do we have to wait until the announcers sound even remotely close to natural?

Nelo Ice

Banned
Shick Brithouse said:
Well I just saw Sgt Slaughter do a cross body of the top of a steel cage. I think I can die a happy man having seen everything.

On a serious note, why do the announcers still sound so canned and forced? It's not a fluid conversation or even close to one. It's the same random string of a few phrases like its been since the N64 days.

How many more generations do we have to wait until the announcers sound even remotely close to natural?

at least its JR and king commentating and finkel announcing

Shick Brithouse said:

NBA2K announcers have been sounding natural for like 4-5 years (this year's game is amazing at commentary), and NFL2K had natural sounding commentary in 2004.

THQ/Yukes just suck at commentary.

mujun

Net_Wrecker said:
The reversals, and the impact of moves are sick.

Yeah, the reversal system is really important for me. Along with the ability to K.O (no need to pin to finish an opponent, right?) and the juggles. This will be the first wrestling game I've ever picked up.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Master Thespian said:
Here's an example of the Fantasy Warfare match promos from the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pt1HTZUQtM

Really, really well done. Can't wait to see what else they come up with (although I'd imagine that the later promo heavy years work best).

That is absolutely perfect. Unbelievable editing--fantastic work.

Axiom

Master Thespian said:
Here's an example of the Fantasy Warfare match promos from the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pt1HTZUQtM

Really, really well done. Can't wait to see what else they come up with (although I'd imagine that the later promo heavy years work best).
I am tempted to part with my money just for these.

I wonder if UK pre-order bonus codes would work on Aussie consoles

Hopefully middle fingers will be unlockable somehow. I'm sad there's no gut kick before the Stunner, but maybe he has that particular kick in his moveset and it can be chained manually. Which would be sweet, because you could reverse either the kick or the Stunner.

GeoramA said:
I can forget about platinuming this game...lol. The online shit is ridiculous.
I'm pretty sure you can cheese it so you play against a friend.

But of course THQ dicks renters again.

RBH

Master Thespian said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4kOKAv2F_o&feature=related#t=00m30s
Has this been posted? It's a clear shot of the control scheme. The right stick is VERY interesting. Changing the hold leading to more moves?
vTD2e.png

Looks like the development team tweaked the controls a bit in comparison to TNA Impact.

-For Impact, all of the strong grapples required you to use a "strong modifier" (LB button) in addition to the grapple button (Y button), so in order to do a strong grapple, you had to press LB + Y. It was a bit awkward to map the grapple button on the Y button AND use the LB button at the same time, so I'm happy that they basically got rid of that strong modifier button so that strong/weak grapples only require one button.

-Strong and weak strikes are mapped to different buttons in All-Stars rather than require the use of a strong modifier button like in Impact.

-Grapple and strike counters are also mapped to different buttons (similar to No Mercy in that sense).

-The right thumbstick in Impact was used to change your target when facing multiple wrestlers in the ring (and it didn't really work that well). Interested to see what "changing the hold" will do in All-Stars.

confused

Banned
RBH said:
vTD2e.png

Looks like the development team tweaked the controls a bit in comparison to TNA Impact.

-For Impact, all of the strong grapples required you to use a "strong modifier" (LB button) in addition to the grapple button (Y button), so in order to do a strong grapple, you had to press LB + Y. It was a bit awkward to map the grapple button on the Y button AND use the LB button at the same time, so I'm happy that they basically got rid of that strong modifier button so that strong/weak grapples only require one button.

-Strong and weak strikes are mapped to different buttons in All-Stars rather than require the use of a strong modifier button like in Impact.

-Grapple and strike counters are also mapped to different buttons (similar to No Mercy in that sense).

-The right thumbstick in Impact was used to change your target when facing multiple wrestlers in the ring (and it didn't really work that well). Interested to see what "changing the hold" will do in All-Stars.

Eeeew, pin and finisher under the same button as action ? Fuck, shitty controls confirmed

RBH

confused said:
Eeeew, pin and finisher under the same button as action ? Fuck, shitty controls confirmed
I'm going to wait until I actually play the game/demo before passing any judgment on how good the controls are.

Nelo Ice

Banned
really wish amazon would add promo credit to this game!

instead the only preorder bonus they have is some crappy pdf mini guide

That trailer was pretty awesome. Alt attires for everyone.

I'm kind of glad they gave Miz his old shorts. Maybe Edge will have his early 2000 era attire.

Shadybiz

Aside from the Pin/Action/Finisher button, the controls seem very similar to Wrestlemania 2000 for the N64, and in my mind that's a very good thing. I haven't played much of the Smackdown vs Raw series, and I haven't watched wrestling in years. However, I am kind of excited for this game. Hopefully there's a demo out soon, because it looks really fun.

I personally can't wait for this game to come out. Something about over the top action and wrestlers finishers going 30 feet in the air sells it for me.

RBH

Nelo Ice said:
really wish amazon would add promo credit to this game!

instead the only preorder bonus they have is some crappy pdf mini guide
Yeah, I'm still waiting on Amazon to add some kind of promo credit to this game. Either way, I'm probably getting the game from Amazon anyways since I have $40 in gift cards to use.

ram4638

Neo Member
RBH said:
vTD2e.png

I'm not too familiar with how controls switch between controllers and sticks, but wouldn't having things mapped to both joysticks make the MadCatz stick kind of useless?

Top Bottom