• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE All Stars |OT| No Yukes allowed

Master Thespian said:
On the subject of Benoit, what he did was REALLY FUCKED UP. But they examined his brain and he had the brain of an eighty year old man with dementia because of all of the concussions. The same thing that's causing all of these old football players to commit suicide. So I find it hard to shit on him the same way I would for a person who wasn't mentally impaired.

huh? do you have a link to this?

farnham

Banned
What benoit did was unexcusable even if he suffered from dementia

still.. he is my favorite wrestler ever (and his crime is the reason i stopped watch wrestling).

I haven't played a wrestling game in so long but I'm looking forward to this. Can't wait to play as WARRIOR.

2d7wjmg.gif

Have they announced any sort of career mode yet?

The best part of Legends of Wrestlemania was the relive mode. It was great reliving all the classic spots of Wrestlemania matches.

BoboBrazil said:
This game is going to be so good. They need more classic guys in it though and less current guys. Does anyone really want to play as Drew Macentyre, R-Truth, or Ted Dibiase Jr?

I sure as hell dont.

dyergram

Henry Cooldown said:
What the hell was Ultimate Warrior's finisher in real life? Just a lame running splash, if memory serves?

Him shaking the ropes like a psychopath should be his new finisher in this game, it would cause the ring to break down on the molecular level, and his opponent would go insane at the sheer sight of it.

I think it was a military press followed by a splash also warrior did more in his entrance than most wrestlers do in a whole match.

RBH

Kweh said:
No Mick Foley?!
Mick Foley is signed with another company (TNA), so he can't appear in this game.

Hogan owns the rights to Hulkamania and all his merchandising, which is why he is able to appear in this game.

Lettuce

RBH said:
Mick Foley is signed with another company (TNA), so he can't appear in this game.

Hogan owns the rights to Hulkamania and all his merchandising, which is why he is able to appear in this game.

So could they use one of mick foleys characters, like mankind or dude love??

knee

dyergram said:
I think it was a military press followed by a splash also warrior did more in his entrance than most wrestlers do in a whole match.

It was a flying shoulder charge after sending the opponent into the ropes.

Mrbob

Wow this game looks amazing. Hopefully it plays well because the legends roster is beyond awesome.

Are the intros all this short though? I like full intros with the ability to skip them if I want.

WWE can use Mankind. Maybe not Dude Love or Cactus Jack, but I am 100% certain that Mankind is a Vince creation and it is quite possible that he has the rights to Cactus Jack and Dude Love. But Mankind is a shoe in.

Frankfurt

Banned
People don't like The Miz? Really? He and Edge are the only people that can hold their own on the mic nowadays. Both of them crack me up every time they open their mouths. Miz is average at best on the ring, but when i watch WWE i want to be entertained, and those two are the only ones that deliver on that front (CM Punk is hit-or-miss, he can go a month without doing or saying anything entertaining, then he'll turn around and be completelly outrageous).

McIntire and Kody are the ones in the roster i raised an eyebrow at (Kody probably sells copies, i guess?).

Also, i really like the models in this game. I wish more fighting games used unique models (instead of the typical SC, Tekken, VF ho-hum styles).

bjork

I was kind of hoping for themed attire/music/etc if you paired certain guys up. Like if you did Macho and Warrior, they'd have the Ultimate Maniacs stuff. Mega Powers, etc. It's not there, but I know that's kind of asking for maybe a little too much extra.

knee said:
It was a flying shoulder charge after sending the opponent into the ropes.

That was after he couldn't do the Gorilla press anymore.

McIntire and Kody are the ones in the roster i raised an eyebrow at (Kody probably sells copies, i guess?).

Cody Rhodes is probably there as the rest of his family is/will be, pity Albertooooooooooooo Del Rioooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo isn't there though.

RBH

Host Samurai said:
WWE can use Mankind. Maybe not Dude Love or Cactus Jack, but I am 100% certain that Mankind is a Vince creation and it is quite possible that he has the rights to Cactus Jack and Dude Love. But Mankind is a shoe in.
The WWE definitely has the rights to the Mankind gimmick, but I don't think that means that they can automatically use Mankind in videos games and other forms of merchandising if Foley isn't under some sort of contract with the company (so that he can get his royalties and such).

RBH

JdFoX187

Banned
Frankfurt said:
People don't like The Miz? Really? He and Edge are the only people that can hold their own on the mic nowadays. Both of them crack me up every time they open their mouths. Miz is average at best on the ring, but when i watch WWE i want to be entertained, and those two are the only ones that deliver on that front (CM Punk is hit-or-miss, he can go a month without doing or saying anything entertaining, then he'll turn around and be completelly outrageous).

Also, i really like the models in this game. I wish more fighting games used unique models (instead of the typical SC, Tekken, VF ho-hum styles).
How can you honestly say Punk isn't that great on the mic? He's the best talker in the business right now. Miz is decent on the mic and bland in the ring. He's improved a lot, but considering he was epic dog shit when he first came in, anything was an improvement. I don't think anyone was cut to include him, I just don't see how some guys aren't added in ala Jericho.

And who the fuck is Kody? Do you mean Kofi Kingston?

RBH

The roster process talked about in a bit more detail:

Now that our WWE All Stars has been completely revealed (including most of our DLC), as expected, the debates and heat rage over who made the final cut. I wanted to take a moment to friendly re-inform/educate you on how this process works when we are making SmackDown vs Raw, WWE All Stars, any WWE wrestling game from THQ. I can't speak for other past publishers that created WWE games, I can only speak for THQ...past, present, and future.

The science behind our roster selection process is simple on the outside, and incredibly deep on the inside. What do I mean? Everyone needs to remember that WE (THQ) are LICENSING WWE PROPERTY to create authentic and official WWE wrestling video games for you. Like any licensee relationship, if it's not your own intellectual property, you don't have freewill to govern how you will use it.

Second, the WWE is a Universe, and it's an ever-changing one week to week, day by day, month to month, pay-per-view to Raw to SmackDown to Wrestlemania. You just never know what's gonna happen next, and that is why YOU and I and the rest of us crazy WWE fans watch week after week. With that in mind, we can make our best predictions who a fan-favorite will be, who will be getting a "push", who is on the rise, and who just flat out SHOULD be in a WWE videogame, but because things change so rapidly, we can't control these elements fully in RESPECT of our game development cycles.

Finally, the time and resources it takes to create a WRESTLER in SmackDown vs Raw or All Stars is roughly 1-month of MAN HOURS - that takes in to account design, animation, AI, regression testing, QA testing, and final polish. The All Stars roster is not as big as SmackDown vs Raw namely because it's a different style of game and equally because of the development process involved in making each character.

The above boils down to a few ending results when we create our gameplay rosters:

1. We HAVE to work hand-in-hand with the WWE on the selection process, and more often than not we are agreeing eye to eye and considering the same Superstars/Legends, etc for a game. But at the end of the day, the WWE has the final say on who makes the cut, and while there may be times we disagree like any good business and creative relationship, we respect one another, and more importantly, respect that this is the WWE's Universe, and we are a huge meteor size part of it. There are wrestlers in our past and present WWE games who were not on our original proposed lists but were for WWE, and thus, we respect that and work together to achieve our mutual goals. Alberto Del Rio, for example, when we locked the WWE All Stars roster down eons ago, he was nowhere near a Wrestlemania "enigma", and while we did consider him for DLC as soon as a couple weeks ago, due to time and resources this late, we are unable to make it happen this go-around.

2. And mentioning Alberto Del Rio is the same scenario as to why Daniel Bryan didn't make it into SVR 2011 or why The Corre hasn't been added as DLC. Because WWE TV programming can change on a dime. Unlike simulation sports from EA, 2K, or Sony where it's easy enough to switch player uniforms, adding alternate attire and ESPECIALLY new CHARACTERS to the game via DLC or last-minute before ship because the TV programming changed and suddenly someone is the new "Rock" of the WWE, is near impossible for us when we are locked. We are looking in to ways to address this in the future with our development processes, but it's a monumental task to stay 100% current with WWE TV programming, just about impossible.

We will always do our best, but it should never be expected that our WWE games will be 100% current with WWE TV. Game development doesn't work that way unfortunately when you're dealing with INDIVIDUAL UNIQUE characters (same goes for UFC Undisputed).

The bottom line is WWE Games Community, whether or not your favorite Superstar or Legend made it into WWE All Stars or makes it in to our next SmackDown vs Raw 2012, know this, WE ALWAYS take the community and WWE universe popularity into account, the niche hardcore favorites (HELLO Animal and Hawk in All Stars is bad-ass), WWE TV programming most importantly, and will always do our best to appease you. Mentioning the word "lazy" or "uncaring" in any criticism against us on how our rosters shape out is simply misunderstanding the process we are locked by as a game developer making AAA wrestling games that incredibly authentic to the WWE Universe.

I encourage debate and constructive criticism when rosters are revealed, but I urge you to understand how our development process works before you do.

WWE All Stars arguably has the greatest Superstars/Legend combined roster of all time, and even though it is missing some of the greatest of all-time and current favorites, collectively, it's one helluva an amazing roster. The final decision to PLAY is in your hands. If ya ask me, the inclusion of Macho Man alone is worth smiling about =)
http://www.wweallstars.com/forums/topic/24557

MiniDitka

Its gonna be interesting to see what the final roster for the Wii version looks like since it probably wont include DLC. Has online been mentioned for this?

Nelo Ice

Banned
MarkMan said:
I can't stress how fun this game is. I've been going at it for awhile with the WWE All Stars - BrawlSticks and BrawlPads and this game is just TONS of fun.

I really enjoy using the high flying chars as their finishers just make the game THAT much more over the top/insane fun.

damnit markman ur always right about these things!
if amazon decides to add credit to this then im definitely preordering

RBH

New 7 minute preview of WWE All Stars:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZ5G1N6q3BM

The video includes footage of the Create-A-Wrestler mode.

Some of the game modes revealed in the video:

Singles
Tag-Team
Triple Threat
Fatal 4-Way
Extreme Rules
Steel Cage

Create-A-Wrestler mode

Fantasy Warfare mode - Matchups between Legends and current WWE wrestlers, each introduced by cinematic video packages featuring authentic WWE footage.

Path of Champions mode - Single player story mode, you can use any character (including any created character), choose one of three story paths:

1.) "Legendary Path" that is based around Undertaker
2.) "Superstar Path" that is based around Randy Orton
3.) "Tag-Team Path" that is based around HBK and HHH

And the Amazon.de page for this game has revealed a few more game modes as well:

Features:

Fast, accessible arcade action at 60 frames per second
About a dozen of the legendary WWE match types - including Tag-Team, Tables, Ladders & Chairs, Steel Cage, Backstage Brawls, and many more

Intuitive Arcade controls
For up to 4 simultaneous players (offline)
Create a superstar and go through three decades of WWE history
The best WWE stars of all time
Up to 4 players online
Leader boards and online-specific Achievements and Trophies

http://www.amazon.de/dp/B004C5DW9A/

So you can add TLC and Backstage Brawls to the game modes as well.

Nelo Ice

Banned
^thanks for the news sounds like this game is going to deliever

mvc3 last month all stars this month and mortal kombat next month fuckkkkkkk

Unless I'm missing something, why does this game need an Arcade Stick? It's not the same situation with "normal" fighters where the QCF, DP, 720 motions, etc. etc. and button speed are usually made easier with a stick, correct? I mean, I just don't get the tie in.

RBH said:
New 7 minute preview of WWE All Stars:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZ5G1N6q3BM

Holy math this is looking way better than I thought it would be initially. And all the modes finally being revealed just makes it a better package overall. Sucks about all the DLC though.

wow that looks like hot garbage.

They should have created some simpler models/art style instead of just downgrading the PS3/360 ones into a blurry mess of shit, but I guess it was cheaper this way.

Top Bottom