• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE All Stars |OT| No Yukes allowed

Chrange

Banned
Criminal Upper said:
If I could have one character that's not announced in the game, it would be RVD.

His style/moves would fit so well into the engine.

Goldberg! (Unless he's in, haven't checked roster in ages) The spear and jackhammer would be amazing in this over the top style.

Lothars

Criminal Upper said:
If I could have one character that's not announced in the game, it would be RVD.

His style/moves would fit so well into the engine.

Well he was in the last smackdown game, So I would be surprised if he's not in as DLC or something.

RBH

Kmart-Logo.gif

Buy WWE All Stars at Kmart and receive:

1.) $10 gaming coupon
AND
2.) $15 coupon that can be used for any WWE merchandise at Kmart, including WWE DVDs, action figures, apparel, etc.

Captain N

Chrange said:
Goldberg! (Unless he's in, haven't checked roster in ages) The spear and jackhammer would be amazing in this over the top style.

Goldberg already said on twitter that he won't be in the game.

THQ just needs to give us who we want, Diesel and Razer Ramon. They have not been in any WWE games in years and are two of the most over wrestlers that are always in demand on legend lists for games. I would day 1 this game for them and even pay 10 each. Vince owns the gimmicks as well as Mankinds so there are no excuses unless it's DLC.

Striker

THQ doesn't give a shit. They already hurt their own community on SvR by forcing you to download their 800 pt DLC in order to play matches, which is mostly what folks have online lately.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
RBH said:
Kmart-Logo.gif

Buy WWE All Stars at Kmart and receive:

1.) $10 gaming coupon
AND
2.) $15 coupon that can be used for any WWE merchandise at Kmart, including WWE DVDs, action figures, apparel, etc.
Is this an actual coupon or Shop Your Way rewards points? Because I got ripped off on the points with MvC3 because of the new system. Never had problems with the coupons when I bought Vanquish.

RBH

SapientWolf said:
Is this an actual coupon or Shop Your Way rewards points? Because I got ripped off on the points with MvC3 because of the new system. Never had problems with the coupons when I bought Vanquish.

The coupons have returned:

And lastly, sorry for the spam, 3/29 offers will feature the return of the gaming coupons! $20 coups with each each purchase of Nascar 11, Shift 2 and/or Tiger Woods 12!!! Blogs with details will be posted throughout the week and I'll provide the links for each post.

@ Jason Kircos, they will be emailed but the barcode will be tied to the user and only useable once.

Update on WWE - It will be a $15 coupon good towards a future WWE purchase with a purchase of more than $40. Then I am adding a $10 gaming coupon as a bonus.

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=290191

RyanCE

Banned
Striker said:
THQ doesn't give a shit. They already hurt their own community on SvR by forcing you to download their 800 pt DLC in order to play matches, which is mostly what folks have online lately.
That's only if you buy used.

The picture is there under Demos on the UK marketplace but when you go into the section the All Stars demo is nowehre to be found :(

Edit: Found it, had to search all games and go to it and download the 'trial' for some reason it's not called demo

Jube3

I'm digging it quite a bit, Rey Mysterio is a ton of fun to play. Going from a grapple to a kick off the chest which flips you to the turnbuckle, then jumping across the ring again with a hurricaranna is really satisfying and fun. Did not do too well at first with Warrior but once I started focusing on combo attack the fun started. Just need to learn how to do those bounce juggles on command.

Also Ultimate Warrior shoryuken is awesome (back and hold Y).

Axiom

That was really fun. Won my first match as Warrior, lost when I was Rey. Sounds about right, great hearing JR.

Shame there's only two in the demo.

Edit: The attract mode is worth a watch too

DaBargainHunta said:
Honky Tonk Man is a disappointing choice to be sure, but free is free. We probably shouldn't have expected anyone too awesome. Truth be told, they could've done a lot worse.
disagree, Honkey Tonk was an awesome Intercontinental Champion heel. so much so to turn Macho Man into a face

dreamfall

Had a great time in several matches I played as Rey- I'm still trying to figure out exactly how to counter out of some of the moves. It takes some skill/timing to ensure you've got good defense. But there's nothing like flipping off the ropes, hitting a couple strikes and then finishing with a grab! The striking also mixes the strong/light pretty well- but I can't seem to pull off a charged strike (Left stick and Y button- do you need to have your signature meter at least one bar?)- still, totally digging it!

MattyH

this really could be the def jam Fight for new york replacement me and my friends were looking for after the mess that was icon. the demo is awesome

Time to ask the $93,000.00 question: How does it feel compared to the AKI wrestling games?

I know it's not a sim wrestler but beyond the crazy animations and design, is the gameplay comparable at all?

I really liked the demo. It does play alot more like a fighting game than a wrestler, but the gameplay is still comparable to AKI titles with the way striking/grappling/reversals workd. It's definately the closest we can get for now, that's for sure.

But it still plays a hell of a lot faster than AKI titles, and feels way more arcadey, that's definately not a bad thing. But there's so much more emphasis to just knock your oppponent out, rather than pinning him in a critical situation.

So it feels like AKI games, but it's still it's own thing.

I still need to play against another human being, as fighting the CPU doesn't do much to give you an idea of how fun it will be.

I wonder if there is any way to turn KO's off. I've seen how they work in the game, and there is a pin cutscene after the KO, but I'd rather do it myself.

DoctorWho said:
I wonder if there is any way to turn KO's off. I've seen how they work in the game, and there is a pin cutscene after the KO, but I'd rather do it myself.
Pins seem pointless., KOing is the only way to win.

I want to know why they are releasing an arcade stick along side this game. I tried the demo out with my SF4 stick and while it was functional I would rather just play with a controller.

I went ahead and pre-ordered it via Gamestop. Gotta have the Million Dollar Man (where's Virgil?). And I'm down with Honky Tonk too - they're both from my wrestling fandom era. I've got very fond memories of both of them. I thought Honky Tonk was brilliant in his own way, definitely a great comic heel.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Union Carbine said:
I thought Honky Tonk was brilliant in his own way, definitely a great comic heel.

Yes he is. Let's be friends!

mujun

Would some kind person mind account sharing this? Change your password then back again after you've finished sharing.

I've got gold but in Japan (we miss out on most demos :( ).

Thanks in advance, been looking forward to this game for a while now.

Top Bottom