• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE All Stars |OT| No Yukes allowed

I am through with this game,

this is not an arcade experience, you can't even go 2 players into Tag Team Path Of Champions

there are too few modes, the loading is bad, the online match making is pretty barren,
the lack of in-games moves list is inexcusable, the lack of complete moves in the strat guide is WTF

in 2011, they make games with out moves lists? what the hell? I downloaded HonkeyTonk Man, yay! but what are his combo strings? who knows

gutter_trash said:

this is not an arcade experience, you can't even go 2 players into Tag Team Path Of Champions

there are too few modes, the loading is bad, the online match making is pretty barren,
the lack of in-games moves list is inexcusable, the lack of complete moves in the strat guide is WTF

in 2011, they make games with out moves lists? what the hell? I downloaded HonkeyTonk Man, yay! but what are his combo strings? who knows
Completely killed the game for me. I could live with everything else, but not this.

when you got installed Marvel vs Capcom 3, Super Street Fighter 4 and Soul Calibur 4 with quick loading... what the hell is with this PS2 age like loading?

gutter_trash said:

Totally agree. I love the game to death, but that and the the shitty online bumps it down a notch for me.

Still one of my favorite wrestling games, and one of my favorite games this year.

RBH

XBOX 360 DLC RELEASE UPDATE:

We have ran into some technical issues with our WWE All Stars downloadable content for Xbox 360 that will unfortunately delay its release past our initially communicated timing of on or before April 19. As is the case with the game development process and subsequent launch of downloadable content, there are unexpected technical variables that can often impact a release date, and unfortunately, we have been hit by one. This delay impacts the pre-order Million Dollar Pack (“The Million Dollar Man” Ted DiBiase and his son, Ted DiBiase), Honky Tonk Man free playable character for everyone and the American Dream Pack featuring Dusty Rhodes and his son, Cody Rhodes. We are fully aware of our initial intent to deliver the content by this timeframe and sincerely apologize for this delay, as well as the unforeseen miscommunication of our plans.

Our development team is working hard to remedy the situation, and we are hopeful the content will be released as soon as possible for Xbox 360 users. The delay is likely to push the release past this week; however, please continue checking the official website for updates. While we understand this isn’t positive news, we thank everyone for their understanding and patience, and we will do everything we can to remedy the situation.

WWE All Stars features 30 legendary competitors and current-day WWE Superstars combined, each of which took significant time to master and perfect. While waiting patiently for the upcoming content, make sure to continue honing your skills with the characters in-game, as there are a ton of deep combos and intriguing moves waiting to be mastered.

PS3 NORTH AMERICA DLC RELEASED (Million Dollar Pack available in EU):

Playstation 3 North America and worldwide users, you can now redeem The Million Dollar Pack with your pre-order redemption code. North American PS3 users, you can also now purchase the American Dream Pack containing Dusty and Cody Rhodes for $1.99, and redeem the free Honky Tonk Man bonus character (EU coming soon).

To redeem the Million Dollar Pack go into the Playstation Store and select the “Add-Ons” tab. Then select the “Disc-Based Game Add-Ons” tab and select the “M-Z/#” tab. Scroll until you find WWE All Stars, and then select the tab. You should see the “Million Dollar Pack” available for download. Select the DLC pack, and then select “Redeem Code.” Enter the code from the back of your pre-order receipt to begin the process.

To refresh everyone our current DLC releases for Playstation 3 and XBOX 360:

■Million Dollar Man + Ted DiBiase Jr - exclusive to those who pre-ordered only, FREE
■Honky Tonk Man - FREE for everyone who purchased WWE All Stars on 360/PS3
■“The American Dream” Dusty Rhodes and Cody Rhodes - PAID DLC Pack for 360/PS3 ($1.99)

Thank you again for your patience XBOX 360 users, we'll keep you posted and do everything possible to release the DLC content as soon as possible.

- WWE Games Team
http://www.wweallstars.com/blog-post/wwe-all-stars-xbox-360-dlc-new-update

:/

Nelo Ice

Banned
so based on some of the previous posts in this thread the online on 360 isnt very active? wondering since i may pick this up since amazon has it for $47 but if its not very active then i may as well just play it my cousins copy whenever im at his house

PopfulMail

Nelo Ice said:
so based on some of the previous posts in this thread the online on 360 isnt very active? wondering since i may pick this up since amazon has it for $47 but if its not very active then i may as well just play it my cousins copy whenever im at his house

I haven't stopped playing since release day and I have never had an issue finding matches. There is the occasional hiccup in matchmaking... but I've played online for hours and there's always a handful of matches to select from.

Played online for the first time last night, mixed results. Some matches were smooth as silk, others were lag fest. Went 1-2.

Still loving the game though, games a blast with some buddies hanging out. Kind of our "go to game" at the moment.

Rented this yesterday.

Don't like it. The over-the-top moves are pretty awesome and I like the combo/chain system, but that's about it.
Too much interference from other parties in tag-matches, etc. and the control scheme is pretty crappy even when you get used to it.

Not enough attires, etc. either.

One day we'll have cloth physics so attires aren't melded to people's bodies.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Buckethead said:
Rented this yesterday.

Don't like it. The over-the-top moves are pretty awesome and I like the combo/chain system, but that's about it.
Too much interference from other parties in tag-matches, etc. and the control scheme is pretty crappy even when you get used to it.

Not enough attires, etc. either.

One day we'll have cloth physics so attires aren't melded to people's bodies.

Gotta wait till they stop porting to ps2. :(

Excited to check out what version of Cody it's gonna be!

Is R-Truth only for those who had the Million Dollar Dream pre-order package? I didn't see him available. Unless they haven't made him available yet.

For 360, the only things I see available is the Honky Tonk Man, Dusty and Cody Rhodes. I was hoping the Million Dollar pack would be available as well.

Still loving this game, btw.

TheApatheticOne said:
For 360, the only things I see available is the Honky Tonk Man, Dusty and Cody Rhodes. I was hoping the Million Dollar pack would be available as well.

Still loving this game, btw.

I think the Million Dollar Dream pack is for preorders only right now. Hopefully it will go on sale at a later date.

nli10

DoctorWho said:
I think the Million Dollar Dream pack is for preorders only right now. Hopefully it will go on sale at a later date.

I've seen a pack with the code in for regular sale in the UK. Has a flash on the cover saying so.

TheBear

What's the better version? 360 or PS3? And is there much of an online community?
Haven't been excited about a wrestling game in AGES.

Nelo Ice

Banned
still waiting to pick this up at the right price but has there been a patch yet for the 360 version to add the gut kick to the stunner?

MiniDitka

Nelo Ice said:
but has there been a patch yet for the 360 version to add the gut kick to the stunner?
Yes its there now.

uvs110429-001.jpg

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
The Antitype said:
Has Cody Rhodes been added to the game yet?

And if he has, is it 'Dashing' Cody, or is it incredibly cool, psychologically-damaged Cody?
Yeah, he's up now.

He's Dashing, but he doesn't wear the mirror jacket or anything.

RBH

WWE video games have sold more than 54 million units since 1999, generating more than $1.6 billion in revenues. WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2011 has sold close to 2.9 million units since its release in October 2010 and is available on Sony PlayStation 3, PlayStation 2, PSP, Nintendo Wii and the Xbox 360 platforms.

WWE All Stars, an over-the-top, high-flying, arcade-style game that brings together two generations of WWE talent in one virtual ring, launched in March 2011 and has sold more than 960,000 units since its release.
http://corporate.wwe.com/company/consumer.jsp

In fiscal 2011, THQ shipped:

4 million units of WWE branded videogames: Smackdown vs. Raw 2011 and WWE All Stars
http://investor.thq.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=96376&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1558918&highlight=

"Sold" = shipped, etc.

RBH

cjelly said:
What happened to all the DLC that was announced?
My initial guess is that the PSN downtime may have affected the DLC release schedule, but either way, the lack of info in general is not exactly comforting.

Striker

Wa... wait, you guys saying THQ botches yet another DLC batch? Color me shocked! I am in disbelief!

DLC restrictions is a big reason I stopped playing SvR online. Why degrade the userbase and split it up? Sold it since and have no plans on picking up WWE '12, either. Sadly they'll get my money from Saints Row 3. :(

Hellion

Nelo Ice said:
its a CONSPIRACY

Lol R-Truth is the next DLC this explains everything.

But honestly I read on forums that Dusty and Jr were already on the disc. And only Honky Tonk Man was real DLC.

DavieC726

Neither of them were real DLC judging from the file size's. They were all contained on disc and as 1 DLC activator. All the people with Jtag 360's had to do was activate that 1 DLC file and they would get all 5.

RBH

New info on DLC and a patch:

Hey Guys, I am the Lead Combat Designer on All Stars. I wanted to come on the board and hopefully answer some questions but really say thanks for playing and supporting the game. We put a lot of effort and looong hours into making All Stars something special. Also, it has been pretty amazing to see some of the insane gameplay videos some of you have posted since launch so keep them comming!

DLC – The DLC pack2 is done (at least on the design and combat side). The main goal on the combat team was to create characters with different play styles and abilities while still maintaining balance with the original characters we shipped with.

Also, we have been playing online and listening to voices on the boards as we made a round of balancing changes. Certain attacks, combos and abilities have been tuned to be more fair and balanced. We also fixed issues related to players being attacked while getting up. You can now counter or reverse someone if they try to attack while you are getting up. Keeping the game fair and balanced is extremely important to us and something we have been looking at since launch. These fixes will be available when DLC pack2 launches.

BTW, the reason why no one can confirm an exact date is due to the submission process with the DLC content. No one can accurately predict if the DLC content will pass or fail hence the reason why a date is not given.

DLC Mystery character – No idea where this came from… we are releasing 8 new characters.

· Road Warriors Hawk(B) and Animal(B)

· R-Truth (A)

· Michael Hayes (B)

· Jerry Lawler (B)

· Big Boss Man (B)

· Mark Henry (BM)

· Chris Jericho (G)

Any more DLC after pack2? – No current plans but we will wait to see how well pack2 does. Anything is possible.

All Stars2 – I know a lot of people have been asking about the sequel and I really don’t have any information other than we would love to do it and have a massive backlog of features and ideas that we want to see get in. I would say that we have a good idea of what we need to add to All Stars2 but going forward, we would start by adding features most asked for by the community. Still, I think that future of All Stars 2 depends on the sales of All Stars 1. Either way, we would love to do it.

DLC hidden content on disc – We started working on the DLC content when game was done and approved. No DLC characters were ‘hidden’ on the disc. Trust me on this one.

Please add my favorite <insert wrestler> as DLC – Creating characters in All Stars was a blast and we would love to keep making more unique movesets and abilities. Anything is possible but right now we are not planning on adding anymore.

Rage quitting – The development team is well aware of the quitting issue. We have all been playing since launch and have experienced people rage quitting first hand. We have had numerous meetings on this issue but due to some technical issues are still investigating solutions.

I am going to close by saying thank you and we hope that you continue to have fun playing the game. I look forward to playing some of you online with the latest DLC characters. I will try to answer any questions you might have but I can’t promise that I will get to them all.
http://www.wweallstars.com/forums/topic/45823

Nelo Ice

Banned
RBH said:

awesome hopefully my copy comes in sometime this week
also based on the games ive played with my cousin im hoping they fixed edges and big shows finishers and sheamus flaming hand(?) signature since those were the ones that stood out to me as far as being stupid overpowered and or nearly impossible to counter

definitely going to get y2j!

Hope they get to make a sequel as there is a lot of room for improvement.

So the next batch of DLC will be the rest of the wrestlers they promised. Good stuff. The balancing means I may actually play this online again.

DavieC726 said:
Neither of them were real DLC judging from the file size's. They were all contained on disc and as 1 DLC activator. All the people with Jtag 360's had to do was activate that 1 DLC file and they would get all 5.

I think they were all added to the system when the update was downloaded just prior to the relase of the DLC. I believe them when they say it wasn't on the disc initially.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
DLC pack 2 is looking to be AWESOME.

I highly encourage anyone without pack 1 to get it. $2 for 4 wrestlers? Awesome bargain. Go go go!

Sunflower said:
DLC pack 2 is looking to be AWESOME.

I highly encourage anyone without pack 1 to get it. $2 for 4 wrestlers? Awesome bargain. Go go go!

4 Wrestlers? It was just 2 for $2 wasn't it? The Million Dollar Pack was a preorder bonus which I didn't get.

Edit: Actually 3 with the free Honky Tonk Man. Still, good deal.

Top Bottom