• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE All Stars |OT| No Yukes allowed

Decay24 said:
$1.99 is a steal imo for a 2 pack of dlc characters. I was expecting maybe $1.99 for one or $4.99 for both.

Same. Very pleased with the DLC pricing. Hope the DiBiase 2 pack will be available to everyone soon as well. I'll gladly pay for it at that price.

Edit: So is none of this available for the 360 yet?

Moofers

Rented this today. Hated it at first, but that's because I needed time to figure it out. I picked Hulk Hogan and got irritated that I lost my first match to some doucher named "The Miz". Who the hell is this asshole anyway? Hell, who are half the guys on this roster? None of them have any business beating late 80's/early 90's era Hogan, dammit.

Anyway, the game is definitely a step in the right direction for wrasslin' games. They need to keep doing this "over the top" kinda stuff because its really cool. There's nothing like a rock-bottom where you launch about 8 feet into the air before slamming the guy down. For laughs, I'd like to see something totally ridiculous like a "What If" mode where the game plays out as if it were developed in Japan by an anime studio. I want a Hulk Hogan Leg Drop from orbit or something. See him come flying down through the atmosphere and onto the mat.

Its not a bad way to relive some old wrestling memories. I'm having some fun. I wish the roster was bigger though. In my game, these nobodies from the current WWE lineup would be dropped in favor of guys like Mankind (1/2 of the greatest match of all time and he's not in this game? WTF?), Demolition, Razor Ramon, Rick Rude, etc. Basically more of the 80's,90's, and early 2000 lineup.

Moofers said:
Rented this today. Hated it at first, but that's because I needed time to figure it out. I picked Hulk Hogan and got irritated that I lost my first match to some doucher named "The Miz". Who the hell is this asshole anyway? Hell, who are half the guys on this roster? None of them have any business beating late 80's/early 90's era Hogan, dammit.

Anyway, the game is definitely a step in the right direction for wrasslin' games. They need to keep doing this "over the top" kinda stuff because its really cool. There's nothing like a rock-bottom where you launch about 8 feet into the air before slamming the guy down. For laughs, I'd like to see something totally ridiculous like a "What If" mode where the game plays out as if it were developed in Japan by an anime studio. I want a Hulk Hogan Leg Drop from orbit or something. See him come flying down through the atmosphere and onto the mat.

Its not a bad way to relive some old wrestling memories. I'm having some fun. I wish the roster was bigger though. In my game, these nobodies from the current WWE lineup would be dropped in favor of guys like Mankind (1/2 of the greatest match of all time and he's not in this game? WTF?), Demolition, Razor Ramon, Rick Rude, etc. Basically more of the 80's,90's, and early 2000 lineup.

Remember that alot of characters that are considered Legends like Mankind, are not easy, if not impossible to get in WWE video games.

Moofers said:

The Miz is currently WWE Champion.

Moofers

Criminal Upper said:
Remember that alot of characters that are considered Legends like Mankind, are not easy, if not impossible to get in WWE video games.

I had no idea. I haven't watched it in almost a decade. Everything I know is from seeing commercials/heresay, etc. I still think that if they can get Macho Man, nothing is impossible. :)

DoctorWho said:
The Miz is currently WWE Champion.

Then I'm glad I don't watch anymore. Everything about that guy sucks.

Lunchbox

Banned
Moofers said:
Rented this today. Hated it at first, but that's because I needed time to figure it out. I picked Hulk Hogan and got irritated that I lost my first match to some doucher named "The Miz". Who the hell is this asshole anyway? Hell, who are half the guys on this roster? None of them have any business beating late 80's/early 90's era Hogan, dammi
i love how these 3 month marks from 1999 comeout every 3/4 years and go "lol who are these guiz, wheres steve blackman hurrr." mick foley is in tna, go buy their game, its a piece of shit. scott hall or your razor ramon was in tna and is now about to die from alcohol addiction, rick rude is dead. people get old, its how life works.

this is exactly like the juniors that pop up every 2 months to let everyone know how its all fake mang. attitude era marks are the new hogan fans

Margalis

Banned
Well said. The Miz is definitely up there in the pantheon of wrestling all-star greats from any objective perspective. Especially his work on Real World vs. Road Rules 2, really some of the best stuff ever seen in any era.

Lol.

DoctorWho said:
360 owners have to wait until next Wednesday?

This is fucking fail.

You just know when it's set to be released 'before, or on our original target date of the 19th' it's going to be the latter every damn time..

EDIT: Didn't the guys who made the TNA game make this? Hmm.

Steve Blackman? Fuck I feel old.
lol kendo sticks

Lunchbox

Banned
Margalis said:
Well said. The Miz is definitely up there in the pantheon of wrestling all-star greats from any objective perspective.
youre seriously talking about "wrestling perspective" while asking about fucking Hogan? the guy whose claim to fame was no selling moves and getting carried by others? just because you were 6 and vince shoved him down your throat he must be the greatest technician in the world right? if you cant move on from that and come back after a "decade" to ask for a 70 year old guy, thats more sad than the its still real to me people

cant wait for the days when "decade" old cena fans comeback and ask for maven

Lunchbox said:
youre seriously talking about "wrestling perspective" while asking about fucking Hogan? the guy whose claim to fame was no selling moves and getting carried by others? just because you were 6 and vince shoved him down your throat he must be the greatest technician in the world right? if you cant move on from that and come back after a "decade" to ask for a 70 year old guy, thats more sad than the its still real to me people

cant wait for the days when "decade" old cena fans comeback and ask for maven

You yourself aren't being fair to Hogan. To say that he was being carried by others is just not true. While his American matches are more or less the same, you obviously haven't seen his Japanese matches. He can wrestle and has great ring psychology. It was just that in the US, he didn't have too. It was the pure definition of "less is more".

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
FallingEdge said:
You yourself aren't being fair to Hogan. To say that he was being carried by others is just not true. While his American matches are more or less the same, you obviously haven't seen his Japanese matches. He can wrestle and can put on great ring psychology. It was just that in the US, he didn't have too. It was the pure definition of "less is more".
He's also one of the most charismatic entities in wrestling history. It's just like people saying John Cena can't wrestle. Like, yeah, he can. He doesn't do that much because he's the biggest money maker for WWE and can't risk getting injured when the minimal amount hypes crowds.

RyanCE

Banned
I can't stand the guy, but Hogan was definitely a competent wrestler. Believe it or not, wrestlers have roles, and Hogan played his perfectly.

Lunchbox

Banned
FallingEdge said:
You yourself aren't being fair to Hogan. To say that he was being carried by others is just not true. While his American matches are more or less the same, you obviously haven't seen his Japanese matches. He can wrestle and has great ring psychology. It was just that in the US, he didn't have too. It was the pure definition of "less is more".
hogan wasnt ultimate warrior but he was carried throughout most his career. rick rude and savage made him look like a superstar while vince pushed him as the face of the company. its like what sting said in a shoot, he was at the right place at the right time

RBH

Target is selling the 360/PS3 version of WWE All Stars for $47 from 4/17-4/23.

Not a mind-blowing deal or anything, but just an FYI for those who may be interested.

evil ways

Lunchbox said:
hogan wasnt ultimate warrior but he was carried throughout most his career. rick rude and savage made him look like a superstar while vince pushed him as the face of the company. its like what sting said in a shoot, he was at the right place at the right time
Basically. And the Hogan in Japan card is stale. Hell pretty much everybody in Japan had to wrestle better than in the states, otherwise you got chopped, stretched or stiffed to hell. Even Prince Albert and Kronik looked like decent workers over there.

Frankfurt

Banned
"The wrestler I liked when I was 12 is better than the wrestler from when I'm 30!"

My favorite when I was a kid was Hogan, but he was no better than the average wrestler today. He's no different from Orton, Cena, Miz. I may not like Cena, but it's all the same and it'll always be.

farnham

Banned
Frankfurt said:
"The wrestler I liked when I was 12 is better than the wrestler from when I'm 30!"

My favorite when I was a kid was Hogan, but he was no better than the average wrestler today. He's no different from Orton, Cena, Miz. I may not like Cena, but it's all the same and it'll always be.
hogan is amazing

he friggin bodyslammed andre the giant

he is a much better technician then people give him credit for too

hogan vs. inoki was a pretty intense technical grapple match

-Mikey-

Watching WNF as usual and this game comes on.

It looks awesome :D

Is it pretty friendly to just pick up and play? Not looking to mash buttons but don't really want yet another fighter to pick up and learn.

Frankfurt said:

Hogan could damn sure put more asses in a seat than Orton or Cena, thats all that really matters in the end when it comes to pro wrestling.

Nelo Ice

Banned
RBH said:
Target is selling the 360/PS3 version of WWE All Stars for $47 from 4/17-4/23.

Not a mind-blowing deal or anything, but just an FYI for those who may be interested.

so tempted to pick it up at this price and pm this at best buy since i have gcs/rz cert but was hoping to pick this u at $40 or so

MisterTHQ

THQ Member
The THQ UK Events Team have set up a second WWE All Stars tournament, this is to be held on Wednesday 20th April on the PlayStation 3.

The tournament will start at 7pm GMT and will be standard 1-on-1 matches using any Superstar or Legend in the original game with the winner receiving a WWE All Stars MadCatz Brawl Stick! The tournament is for UK players over 16 years old only.

All the info about the event and how to sign up can be found here: http://www.thqinsider.co.uk/2011/04/13/wwe-all-stars-ps3-tournament/

PopfulMail

cjelly said:
Just had my first online match... The fucker disconnectd just as my finisher was going to hit.

Froze my Xbox, as well.

This happens with at least what seems to be 75% of the matches I play online... and I'm not even playing ranked matches.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Can someone answer some questions about this gameplay to me?

What am I supposed to do when I get bounced off a turnbuckle? all it does is make me eat a signature move

What am I supposed to do against a springboard move? blocking doesn't work and I just get hit if I can't climb out of the ring

What am I supposed to do when I'm getting up and I get strong grappled? I knock off signature moves or anything.

this game could stand to have a tutorial mode or something.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Bought the Wii version for €25, terribad port (lol, 4:3 aspect ratio in 2011), returned it.
Will wait for a pricedrop (£17.95) for PS3/360 sku, loved the demo.

evil ways

zoner said:
Can someone answer some questions about this gameplay to me?

What am I supposed to do when I get bounced off a turnbuckle? all it does is make me eat a signature move

What am I supposed to do against a springboard move? blocking doesn't work and I just get hit if I can't climb out of the ring

What am I supposed to do when I'm getting up and I get strong grappled? I knock off signature moves or anything.

this game could stand to have a tutorial mode or something.
Counters and timing. Nearly every move including signatures and finishers can be countered.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYERXUzidMo

RBH

Sales of WWE All Stars are "well ahead of projections":

Guys, just to put all of this to rest.

All Stars is performing extremely well for us, and is well ahead of projections. The numbers you're reading are false, and although we aren't at liberty to discuss actual sales data, know that we're VERY pleased.

To end these assumptions, I'm going to lock this thread.

Thanks to all of you for helping to make All Stars a success.
http://www.wweallstars.com/forums/topic/36664?page=4

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
PopfulMail said:
This happens with at least what seems to be 75% of the matches I play online... and I'm not even playing ranked matches.
It's the SvR community plus some remnants of the SF community.

Two huge piles of dis connectors.

Top Bottom