• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE All Stars |OT| No Yukes allowed

bumpkin

I think the only thing stranger than no kick before the stunner is no middle fingers when he flashes both fists during the startup. Did they fix that in the final game? I'm just going off what I saw in a video from the official site.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
bumpkin said:
I think the only thing stranger than no kick before the stunner is no middle fingers when he flashes both fists during the startup. Did they fix that in the final game? I'm just going off what I saw in a video from the official site.
Doesn't work with WWE's PG rating stuff

Oh god, I HATE the lack of middle fingers in Stone Cold's entrance.

There should just a switch in the options menu for PG. If you turn it on, the middle fingers disappear.

Chrange

Banned
Yeah, played at a friend's house for three or four hours last night and that's the one thing he really hated. It's a Teen rated game and they can't show middle fingers? Why even do the pose then?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Macho Man's elbow in this game makes me want to go buy the Macho Man DVD and watch the elbow drop as many times as possible

SapientWolf said:
Snapping someone's neck is perfectly fine though.

chrisbenoit.jpg

Frankfurt

Banned
How's the netcode in this? Anyone that plays fighting games can compare it to a fighter or two, netcode-wise?

I'm buying it either way (forgot it was out and got Bulletstorm Epic first), just curious.

Thanks!

Adam J.

I havent followed wresting since probably I was eleven, always hated wrestling games (outside Pro Wrestling for NES), but am absolutely in love with the demo for this. I think it's a combination of nostalgia, huge colorful/cartoony characters, and relatively simple arcade-y gameplay (still cant get those damn reversals though) that is really pointing me towards a purchase of this game.

MisterTHQ

THQ Member
The THQ UK Events Team have set up a launch tournament for WWE All Stars which is to take place on Thursday 7th April at 7pm. There will be two events, one for the Xbox 360 and one for the PlayStation 3.

It will be a standard 1-on-1 match and the winner of each event will win a WWE All Stars Brawl Stick.

For further details on the event and to sign up you can check it out here.

The tournament is open to UK residents over 16 years old only.

AtomHeart

Neo Member
Frankfurt said:
How's the netcode in this? Anyone that plays fighting games can compare it to a fighter or two, netcode-wise?

I'm buying it either way (forgot it was out and got Bulletstorm Epic first), just curious.

Thanks!

If you're buying it for the online mode, don't bother. It is impossible to get a good connection and your inputs will be delayed by a ridiculous amount in pretty much every single match, so who ever has the host ends up winning most of the time because they can actually counter properly.

I bought the game purely for online and I'm really disappointed so I'll be selling my copy pretty soon.

Frankfurt said:

Thanks!

I don't seem to be having any problems online at all. Haven't experienced any lag. If there is button delay, I haven't noticed it myself. Then again, maybe that's why I suck so much and just haven't noticed it.

It can take a little longer than I like to get into a match but there's nothing quite like a 4-way elimination bout. It's worth the wait.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Does the master code disable achievements? Because I just froze up halfway through Steamboat's path to Undertaker and really don't want to do all those BS elimination matches again

Decay24

Neo Member
I'm not sure about the master code and achievements but if your game froze during a Path of Champions, you should be able to load it back up from where you left off. My game crashed on Xbox a couple times during the Path and I had no problems loading it back where I was.

Also how come only Edge looks terrible in his portrait? Anyone else notice this?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Cerebral Assassin said:
So you don't have look at someone as dull as Orton?
Well I'm using the Hulkster and Ricky Steamboat BROTHER. I guess I'll just use Hogan since you can hit the Leg drop pretty easily

Zimbardo

i played a bit of this tonight on ps3 and from what i've seen so far, i think its one of the worst wrestling games i've played.

way too wild and crazy ...too arcadey for my tastes.

i'll give it another chance, but so far, smackdown vs raw kills this.

AwShucks

Zimbardo said:
i played a bit of this tonight on ps3 and from what i've seen so far, i think its one of the worst wrestling games i've played.

...Yeah, it's supposed to be more arcade than SvR.

Loading times are ultra terribad. Long enough to kill my enjoyment in the long run like PS2 Def Jam Fight For NY. I don't understand why wrestling games always have such horrible loading times. This is the type of game where you should be flying in and out of matches, menus, and character selection. They screwed up there.

There are quite a few gameplay mechanics I'd like to see implemented into SvR2012 though cause I don't see myself staying with this long term. I'm a sim, and creation fiend at heart, and this scratches neither of those itches. But stuff like animation blending, moves that can be interrupted, fluid reversals of THE ACTUAL MOVES (instead of just reversing the initial attempt), reversals into reversals, the different "classes" which makes every wrestler control slightly (or very) differently, and the mat impact sounds are all great touches. How a supposedly sim game like SvR2011 doesn't have some of these features just blows my mind.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Has anyone actually done the Cena/Trips/Warrior achievements? Those are so freaking ridiculous. Trips is the least bad of them, but it's still a huge time investment

mujun

zoner said:
Has anyone actually done the Cena/Trips/Warrior achievements? Those are so freaking ridiculous. Trips is the least bad of them, but it's still a huge time investment

I've done all of them. They (only) take about 2-3 hours a piece.

evil ways

Got my copy today, having fun playing single player or multi with friends. Online though is a garbage wasteland, not so much the lag and latency but everybody plays with these ridiculous CAWS. Not as bad or as cheap as SdvsRaw but close.

So far I havent faced a decent CAW, they're all the baggy pants, tattoos, face paint Hardy wannabes with either a high flyer or a big man moveset. Gets boring when all you see them do is bounce off the ropes and run out then jump in.

The Fantasy Warfare matches are cool, they should add more of them via DLC complete with video promos.

RBH

Zimbardo said:

2zpm6mp.gif

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I kind of wish there was an options to make the submissions actually cause submissions. Those were hilarious in that old Dreamcast UFC game.

I will say that while its not going to take No Mercy's place in my heart, that this game has EASILY walked into the #2 slot. So much fun playing with other people, love the game.

evil ways

I love the counter system, but at times it's ridiculous and funny. I was having a match between Cena and Sheamus and watching Cena reverse an arm drag, then Sheamus counter the reversal with an arm drag of his on while on mid air was hilarious.

RBH

The Million Dollar Pack is now available on the PS3 version for those who have a pre-order code.

360 owners will probably have to wait until next week.

Just bought them.

Dusty has his polkadot top and headband.

Cody has 'no' dashing jacket.

Ted Jr has his autotune music.

I'm running through career to see if they have alts.

Edit: played around with Dusty. He is pretty awesome. His charge punch is pretty authentic.

dreamfall

do these come to XBL Marketplace tomorrow as well?! Need some of that Rhodes goodness- I seem to exclusively play as Kane's alt in every match. Not really sure why; perhaps because he seems to be the only wrestler I've used in nearly every WWF/E game over the past decade...

lupinko

I don't have Million Dollar Father and Son, but got Dusty, Cody and HTM. I like DCR, he's pretty cool.

Oh somethings I noticed for DLC characters:

- If you beat Path of Champions with a DLC character you don't get anything
- no DLC character movesets / finishers / entrances in CAW
- no alternate attire for DLC

lupinko said:
I don't have Million Dollar Father and Son, but got Dusty, Cody and HTM. I like DCR, he's pretty cool.

Oh somethings I noticed for DLC characters:

- If you beat Path of Champions with a DLC character you don't get anything
- no DLC character movesets / finishers / entrances in CAW
- no alternate attire for DLC

Yeah it's pretty lame. I was hoping for NWA Dusty, and early WWF Jericho alts.

The movesets are pretty fleshed out, so it sucks you can't use them for a CAW.

Dashing Cody Rhodes has great chains and grapples, but I can't find his fourth signature move. He's got a running bulldog and Alabama Slam as his standing signatures, a missile dropkick as a top rope signature, and I can't find a fourth one. I've tried every button combination in the corner, from a standing position, running, near the ropes, but he always just does the Alabama Slam. :/

I suppose all these guys were downloaded in that Day 1 233mb patch since the downloads were only 100kb each so :p to THQ for not having them on the disk in the first place.

RBH

XBOX 360 DLC RELEASE UPDATE:
XBOX 360 users, the pre-order Million Dollar Pack, free Honky Tonk Man bonus character, and paid American Dream Pack with Dusty and Cody Rhodes will still be released for XBOX 360 world-wide on or before April 19th as originally planned. We apologize for the short delay between the PS3 and XBOX 360 release, as our intent is always to release DLC in-sync for both XBOX 360 and PS3 at the same time when possible. Due to separate submission and approval processes, this is not always the case and sometimes results in earlier unexpected releases. Thank you for your patience, we are working hard to release the DLC for XBOX 360 users as soon as possible, and in line with our original target of on or before April 19th.

PS3 NORTH AMERICA DLC RELEASED (EU WEDNESDAY):
Playstation 3 North American users, you can now redeem The Million Dollar Pack with your pre-order redemption code. All PS3 North American users can also now download the Honky Tonk Man free DLC character. And finally, you can purchase the American Dream Pack containing Dusty and Cody Rhodes for $1.99.

To redeem the Million Dollar Pack go into the Playstation Store and select the “Add-Ons” tab. Then select the “Disc-Based Game Add-Ons” tab and select the “M-Z/#” tab. Scroll until you find WWE All Stars, and then select the tab. You should see the “Million Dollar Pack” available for download. Select the DLC pack, and then select “Redeem Code.” Enter the code from the back of your pre-order receipt to begin the process.

To refresh everyone our current DLC releases for Playstation 3 and XBOX 360:

■Million Dollar Man + Ted DiBiase Jr - exclusive to those who pre-ordered only, FREE

■Honky Tonk Man - FREE for everyone who purchased WWE All Stars on 360/PS3

■“The American Dream” Dusty Rhodes and Cody Rhodes - PAID DLC Pack for 360/PS3 ($1.99)

Thank you again for your patience XBOX 360 users, we'll keep you posted and do everything possible to release the DLC content as soon as possible.

- WWE Games Team
http://www.wweallstars.com/blog-post/all-stars-dlc-release-update-ps3-360-users

I heard that this game is thin on content (which is the norm this generation thanks to DLC). How are the legs on this game if you don't care for MP?

Top Bottom