• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE All Stars |OT| No Yukes allowed

RBH

Release dates for future DLC announced:

THQ today announced an updated release schedule of downloadable content offerings for WWE® All Stars™, the company’s recent release featuring a unique, bold and energetic gameplay experience complete with a roster of legendary talent and current-day WWE Superstars. The latest content offerings via Xbox LIVE® for the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation®Network for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system currently include the following:

The Million Dollar Pack
Featuring "The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase and his son, Ted DiBiase. The Million Dollar Pack is now available for download at a suggested purchase cost of 160 Microsoft Points or £1.19 via PlayStation Network.

R-Truth
R-Truth is scheduled to be available for download free of charge to all WWE All Stars owners via Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Network on 6 July 2011.

The All-Time Greats Pack
Featuring Hawk, Animal, Jerry "The King" Lawler and Chris Jericho. The All-Time Greats Pack is scheduled to be available for download on 6 July 2011 via Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Network.

The Southern Charisma Pack
Includes Big Boss Man, Michael Hayes and Mark Henry. The Southern Charisma Pack is scheduled to be available for download on 3 August 2011 via Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Network.

For more information on WWE All Stars and all downloadable content offerings to date, please visit wweallstars.com, www.facebook.com/WWEgames and www.twitter.com/WWEgames.

http://www.thq.com/uk/gamenews/show/15635/6072/

RBH

Pricing information for the DLC also revealed:

WOKING, UK. - 30th June, 2011 - THQ Inc. today announced an updated release schedule of downloadable content offerings for WWE(R) All StarsTM, the company's recent release featuring a unique, bold and energetic gameplay experience complete with a roster of legendary talent and current-day WWE Superstars. The latest content offerings via Xbox LIVE(R) for the Xbox 360(R) videogame and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation(R)Network for the PlayStation(R)3 computer entertainment system currently include the following:

The Million Dollar Pack
-"The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase and his son Ted DiBiase
The Million Dollar Pack is now available for download at a suggested purchase cost of 160 Microsoft Points or GBP1.99 via PlayStation Network.

R-Truth
-R-Truth
R-Truth is scheduled to be available for download free of charge to all WWE All Stars owners via Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Network on 6th July, 2011.

The All-Time Greats Pack
-Hawk, Animal, Jerry "The King" Lawler, and Chris Jericho
The All-Time Greats Pack is scheduled to be available for download on 6th July, 2011 for a suggested purchase cost of 320 Microsoft Points or GBP3.99 via PlayStation Network.

The Southern Charisma Pack
-Big Boss Man, Michael Hayes, and Mark Henry
The Southern Charisma Pack is scheduled to be available for download on 3rd August, 2011 for a suggested purchase cost of 240 Microsoft Points or GBP2.99 via PlayStation Network.

For more information on WWE All Stars and all downloadable content offerings to date, please visit wweallstars.com, www.facebook.com/WWEgames and www.twitter.com/WWEgames.

JdFoX187

Banned
All-Time Greats Pack is the only one I'd be interested in, but since no one I know plays this and the online is fairly broken when it comes to DLC, think I'll pass.

JdFoX187 said:
All-Time Greats Pack is the only one I'd be interested in, but since no one I know plays this and the online is fairly broken when it comes to DLC, think I'll pass.

R-Truth is free so I'll take it as well.

Tizoc

So how is the game overall?
Been hearing good stuff about it. Want to get it due to Macho man being in it (and The Rock)

RBH

Tizoc said:
So how is the game overall?
Been hearing good stuff about it. Want to get it due to Macho man being in it (and The Rock)
Fun game that's easy to pick up and play. Best gameplay engine in a wrestling game in quite awhile imo. Main problem with the game is the relative lack of depth, but overall, I find it alot more fun to play than any of the recent Smackdown vs. Raw games.

There's a demo on XBL/PSN if you want to try it out for yourself.

Deadlock

No way, there is a huge amount of depth in this game. One of those easy to learn but takes time to master type of games. I have been playing this since it came out, and I still see stuff sometimes that I have never seen before. There are a lot of hidden moves that are not even on the internet. Actually, I just figured a move out last week for my favorite guy (Ricky Steamboat).

Every wrestler is different with a lot of time put into each ones moveset.

There is a lot more depth in this game than the old AKI/THQ games, which my friends and I loved.

If anybody wants to play, on Xbox, hit me up.
Gamertag: Deadlock 79

RBH

Deadlock said:
No way, there is a huge amount of depth in this game. One of those easy to learn but takes time to master type of games. I have been playing this since it came out, and I still see stuff sometimes that I have never seen before. Actually, I just figured a move out last week for my favorite guy (Ricky Steamboat).
Every wrestler is different with a lot of time put into each ones moveset.
I meant in terms of the amount of game modes and match options.

No doubt that the gameplay engine has a hidden layer of depth to it, as it certainly can be considered an "easy to play, hard to master" type of game.

If the potential sequel just builds upon the match options and roster, then that's perfectly fine with me.

Tizoc

RBH said:
Fun game that's easy to pick up and play. Best gameplay engine in a wrestling game in quite awhile imo. Main problem with the game is the relative lack of depth, but overall, I find it alot more fun to play than any of the recent Smackdown vs. Raw games.

There's a demo on XBL/PSN if you want to try it out for yourself.
I tried the demo with my brother who is a BIG fan of WWF, and we rather liked it, despite it not having wrestlers we liked (eg The Rock). Will try to find a copy later tonight =)

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Is there a nice moveset guide (maybe withat least some of the "secret" stuff in it) that you guys can link to me?
Props if there's some pics or proper button's icons instead of letters, I plan on having my iPad on my lap while trying to learn playing.

:)

Dash Kappei

Is there a nice moveset guide (maybe withat least some of the "secret" stuff in it) that you guys can link to me?
Props if there's some pics or proper button's icons instead of letters, I plan on having my iPad on my lap while trying to learn playing.

Nada?
I guess nobody's playing this game anymore, what a shame :(

Nelo Ice

Banned
Dash Kappei said:
Nada?
I guess nobody's playing this game anymore, what a shame :(

well u can buy the official guide which lists the strats/combos and other stuff otherwise theres no wiki or online guide afaik

Dash Kappei

Nelo Ice said:
well u can buy the official guide which lists the strats/combos and other stuff otherwise theres no wiki or online guide afaik
Oh :( didn't plan on spending more money honestly, but thanks for the reply I'll think about it.
I remember reading around that even the guide dorsn't list all of the secret moves tho, do you know if that's true?

Dash Kappei

So, yesterday I had a friend finally come over to play the game together 2 vs 2.
Please, please tell me than the only way to play tag team isn't the exhibit matches... I couldn't find other modes that allowed for me and him versus the cpu, even the path of Champ Tag Team would only pair me with a cpu partner.
So, are there modes I couldn't find myself?

Also, I despise that there's no proper Tag mode, you just all get tossed in the ring at the same time, and where's my Royal Rumble mode?! God I miss WWF Arcade sooooo much :/

Dash Kappei

Meh, co-op multiplayer really sucks... No wait, it's awesome but it sucks balls it's relegated to just ONE mode and 1 match only kind of deal... fuckin' criminal :/
How bad this game sold? Did THQ commented on the possibilty of having a sequel? First WWE game I enjoyed since No Mercy, it captures the feel of WWF Wrestlemania (arcade) perfectly... Oh god how I wish it had a Royal Rumble mode in it, there's so much to put in a sequel since the game is kinda great but lacks content even in basic in features and that becomes very disappointing after a while.
Hopefully WWE AS 2 gets greenlit by THQ.

Hoarr

Neo Member
Agreed. I wonder if they were just rushed to have it out by this year.

I'd love to see this game expanded with more of the WWF roster from the early 90's as well.

Frankfurt

Banned
Is tomorrow's DLC the final DLC pack?

This game is an absolute blast, I get impressed with how smooth the transitions are every time I play it. I'm only comparing it to the ridiculously stiff, slow and clunky SvR and Rumble Roses series, the only wrestling games I've played since I was a kid, but it's like on another plane of existence compared to those two.

Hope it'll have a sequel, I want to see what Divas would look like in this series. Even if it's just 6 Divas for the hell of it. It also needs to stop naming the Liontamer as Walls of Jericho, and full entrances for everyone. Those two bug me so much.

Also, something that I never truly "got"... The LB (L1) counter, when does it work against grapples? Because sometimes (at the beginning) RB (R1), which is the strike counter, works against grapples, while other times (in the middle of a grapple) I can only counter a grapple with LB. Neither is even remotely reliable. I don't understand why a strike counter even works against grapples in the first place...

It's weird, because against strikes I can do it no problem, but grapples it's like I press either one and hope for the best.

Thanks!

Deadlock

LB is used for countering grapples, not reversing them. Countering takes place before the move is initiated. It will (for most wrestlers) push your opponent away, leaving them open to attack. You can use LB or RB for reversing grapples. Here is a tip: when getting up, hold LB or RB to counter the respective move. Use this against people attacking you when getting up.

There are some pretty cool new moves with the new DLC pack. Big Boss Man is a brawler but has a charge grapple. He runs towards the opponent and grabs them. Just like Zangeif! Mark Henry's strike and grab counters turn into a grapple, where you can choose from a few moves.

Tendo

The new DLC characters are a TON of fun to play as, especially Hayes and Henry. Bossman is fun too but I need to put more time into him. Henry is a BEAST. Very fast, super strong, a lot of fun slams and punches.

WWE All Stars popped up on GameStop's 3DS release list for the same day WWE '12 is releasing. I'll definately double dip if they're actually porting this to 3DS, but I hope they stick the DLC on the card too. I can't play this game without Cody Rhodes or Chris Jericho anymore.

El Pescado said:
WWE All Stars popped up on GameStop's 3DS release list for the same day WWE '12 is releasing. I'll definately double dip if they're actually porting this to 3DS, but I hope they stick the DLC on the card too. I can't play this game without Cody Rhodes or Chris Jericho anymore.

It's probably going to be a port of the PSP version. :/

DoctorWho said:
It's probably going to be a port of the PSP version. :/
How's the PSP version?

I hope they put a little work into this if it's true. The 3DS version of Lego Pirates of the Caribbean looks way better than the Wii version so I'd be disappointed if this came out looking like trash. :/

RBH

WWE Smackdown vs. Raw was actually down 47% when it came to units shipped for the quarter from 385,000 to 196,000 units. But WWE All Stars more than made up for the difference, and with it, they took in $4.2 million more this quarter in video game sales.

Licensing revenue is up entirely due to WWE All Stars. Without the new game, that category would also be down.

Licensing increased from $8.7 million to $12.0 million due to the WWE All Stars video game, which had no comparable product available at this time last year.

3kpD7.gif

Tizoc

My brother's playing through the single player mdoe and he's enjoying it.
I'm pretty rusty in this game although I only played one match.
Any tips for a beginner like me to get used to the game?

Smackdown had all the bells and whistles, but it had shit gameplay.

All Stars had brilliant gameplay, but none of the bells and whistles.

Here's hoping they change that..

Dash Kappei

MarshMellow96 said:
Smackdown had all the bells and whistles, but it had shit gameplay.

All Stars had brilliant gameplay, but none of the bells and whistles.

Here's hoping they change that..
Yep, that about sums it up.
WWEAS is as barebones as it gets, offline multi is especially infuriating.

All Stars confirmed for 3DS with two new game modes and all the console DLC on the card.

THQ Inc. (NASDAQ: THQI) today announced the return of WWE videogames to the handheld virtual ring with WWE(R) All Stars(TM), currently in development for Nintendo 3DS(TM). WWE All Stars will take WWE action to the next dimension with fun, fluid and furious arcade-style gameplay in a handheld format, complete with 3D graphics capabilities and two exclusive modes. In addition, WWE All Stars will feature a power-packed roster of colorful WWE Legends and prominent current-day WWE Superstars, including 13 WWE playable characters offered as downloadable content for the Xbox 360(R) video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation(R)3 computer entertainment system earlier this year. WWE All Stars for Nintendo 3DS is currently scheduled for release on November 22, 2011.

"WWE All Stars has shown incredible promise in THQ's WWE portfolio with an original gameplay experience and a very attractive roster for hardcore and casual WWE fans," said Danny Bilson, Executive Vice President, Core Games, THQ. "We feel this gameplay experience and over-the-top energy will translate well to a handheld format and are pleased to offer WWE All Stars on Nintendo 3DS this fall."

About WWE All Stars

A revolutionary new addition to THQ's distinguished WWE videogame portfolio and debut release from THQ San Diego(TM), WWE All Stars for Nintendo 3DS bridges generations of WWE fans and casual followers with a fun, intuitive and approachable 3D gameplay experience inside the handheld virtual ring. Delivering one of the greatest rosters ever assembled in a WWE videogame, WWE All Stars includes current-day WWE Superstars and legendary talent such as John Cena(R), The Rock(R), Andre the Giant, Big Show, Triple H(R), Bret "Hit Man" Hart, Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat, The Miz(R), Stone Cold Steve Austin(R), Rey Mysterio(R) and the iconic "Macho Man" Randy Savage. In addition, WWE All Stars for Nintendo 3DS will offer players 13 WWE Superstars previously offered as downloadable content for its console counterparts, including "The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase, "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes, the Road Warriors, R-Truth and Chris Jericho. Each star will boast a distinctive and highly stylized appearance, adding to the overall spectacle, atmosphere and attitude.

With responsive, arcade-style controls, each WWE Legend and WWE Superstar will have a variety of grapples, attacks, combos, finishing and signature maneuvers to create the ultimate competitive and fast-paced 3D gaming experience that's easy to pick up and play but with considerable depth for more advanced players. In addition, offering four classes of competitor - Acrobat, Big Man, Brawler and Grappler - WWE All Stars provides players with WWE Legends and WWE Superstars who have distinct advantages and techniques, including specific combinations and unique abilities.

WWE All Stars for Nintendo 3DS will offer players two exclusive gameplay experiences with Gauntlet and Score Scramble Modes. In Gauntlet Mode, players will battle every WWE Superstar and WWE Legend on the roster to test their limits and achieve the ultimate in bragging rights. In Score Scramble Mode, players will be challenged to either reach a specific point total or to finish a timed match with the highest point total. With WWE All Stars, the greatest matchups in WWE history haven't happened yet - until now, thanks to Fantasy Warfare Mode. Players will pick a side - WWE Legends or WWE Superstars - and compete in a series of fantasy matches that pit WWE Superstars with similar personal or in-ring attributes against one another to determine the greatest of all time. Informative and engaging video packages produced by WWE set up each of the pairings and match objectives.

Dash Kappei

I'd be excited but Ps2 and Wii versions sucked balls, and no online? Pass.

Anyway, new news new thread. Just make one, if you can't be bothered I'll do it.

El Pescado said:
All Stars confirmed for 3DS with two new game modes and all the console DLC on the card.

I'll consider double dipping once I see the graphical quality. Glad to hear about all the DLC being on the cart.

Dash Kappei said:
Anyway, new news new thread. Just make one, if you can't be bothered I'll do it.
I wasn't sure if a 3DS port was worthy of a new thread. I just hope it's a good port. The 2 new modes and DLC being on the card gives me hope though...
I wonder if they'll update CM Punk's theme...

Shikamaru Ninja said:
Any word on Booker T being playable at some point?
I don't think they're planning on any more wrestler DLC. A lot more work goes into each character's moveset and balancing than they put into the Smackdown vs. Raw series. Hopefully in a theoretical WWE All Stars 2 though...

TGMIII

Just picked this up, so much fun with local multiplayer. Even for people who aren't huge wrestling fans they should look into this. Is the Jericho DLC, do you have to get him in the pack or is he available on his own?

Top Bottom