• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Draft |OT| A McMahon on every show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephzilla

Yeah, I don't know what they're doing with Dillinger.
Dude had a great showing at Takeover and hasn't been used in a month.
They did the same thing with Nia and she showed up here. Would only make sense to assume they were doing the same thing with Tye and then he's a no-show.
Perhaps he's hurt. Who knows?

Tye Dillinger seems like he's stuck in the same black hole that Tyler Breeze was stuck in before Breeze got called up.

Tom Nook

Tiers (not including Tag Teams and Women's Division)

RAW

Main-Events
Brock Lesnar
Roman Reigns
Seth Rollins
Sheamus
Chris Jericho
Mid-Card
Cesaro
Finn Bálor
Kevin Owens (Climbing to ME)
Mark Henry
Rusev w/ Lana
Sami Zayn (Climbing to ME)
The Big Show
Low-Card
Bo Dallas
Braun Strowman
Curtis Axel
Darren Young
Jack Swagger
Neville
Sin Cara
Titus O'Neil

SMACKDOWN LIVE

Main Events
AJ Styles
Alberto Del Rio
John Cena
Dean Ambrose
Randy Orton
Mid-Card
Apollo Crews
Kalisto
Dolph Ziggler
Kane
The Miz w/ Maryse
Bray Wyatt (Climbing to ME)
Low-Card
Baron Corbin
Erick Rowan
Mojo Rawley
Zack Ryder

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Yeah, I don't know what they're doing with Dillinger.
Dude had a great showing at Takeover and hasn't been used in a month.
They did the same thing with Nia and she showed up here. Would only make sense to assume they were doing the same thing with Tye and then he's a no-show.
Perhaps he's hurt. Who knows?

Dillinger is enhancement talent that accidentally got over with a stupid yet simple and funny gimmick. I'm pretty sure it was never intended for him to get over and elevated to a main roster. He does really vital work as an enhancement and rehab guy at the performance center. Plus he's a guy that's just going to continue to make NXT fun to watch, and NXT is seriously running out of those.

The Raw roster is so much better it's insane. The smackdown roster picks were the opposite of what Shane said he would do with Smackdown.

Barrage

Smackdown= 1998 WWF roster. Thin as fuck, no womens divison, dependant on the main event to carry the show.

(...except cut the amount of people who are over in half.)

Kuroyume

Banned
Where the fuck is Heath Slater? Curtis and Bo are still together

Breezango is also still together. Think I'm going to have to watch Smackdown because I need my Breezango fix. :(

If Breezango, Miz, and AJ were on RAW there would be no reason whatsoever to watch Smackdown. Holy shit that roster blows.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Tiers (not including Tag Teams and Women's Division)

RAW

Main-Events
Brock Lesnar
Roman Reigns
Seth Rollins
Sheamus
Chris Jericho
Mid-Card
Cesaro
Finn Bálor
Kevin Owens (Climbing to ME)
Mark Henry
Rusev w/ Lana
Sami Zayn (Climbing to ME)
The Big Show
Low-Card
Bo Dallas
Braun Strowman
Curtis Axel
Darren Young
Jack Swagger
Neville
Sin Cara
Titus O'Neil

Sheamus is eating clean losses to Zack Ryder these days. Switch his spot with Finn.

Where the fuck is Heath Slater? Curtis and Bo are still together

Breezango is also still together. Think I'm going to have to watch Smackdown because I need my Breezango fix. :(

If Breezango, Miz, and AJ were on RAW there would be no reason whatsoever to watch Smackdown. Holy shit that roster blows.
They did a segment with Heath being left on his own in the draft room, the lights going off and all. Guessing that's gonna lead to something?

Kuroyume

Banned
They did a segment with Heath being left on his own in the draft room, the lights going off and all. Guessing that's gonna lead to something?

heathslaterbabyldj7m.jpg

Maybe he'll bless both shows. Honestly, there should be a few stars that can flip back and forth. Surprised they don't do that with Cena.

Syder

The Superstars/Teams from the Rosters that I would watch for:

RAW
1. Seth Rollins
2. Charlotte
3. Finn Balor
5. Brock Lesnar
6. The New Day
7. Sami Zayn
8. Sasha Banks
10. Rusev with Lana
11. Kevin Owens
12. Enzo & Big Cass
16. Neville
17. Cesaro
21. Paige
32. Dana Brooke

SmackDown
1. Dean Ambrose
2. AJ Styles
6. Becky Lynch
9. American Alpha
20. Alexa Bliss
(Bray and Carmella would be on this list if they were with The Wyatt Family and Enzo & Cass respectively)

Pretty sad at how this turned out for SD but I'm not shocked at all. If Bayley gets drafted to RAW it's OVAH, Brother Shane O'

Kaiterra

Banned
Seems like they just made sure Cena and Roman were on different shows, then pulled names out of a hat. Totally random.

The split women's divisions are pretty weak too. Should've been exclusive to one brand like the cruiserweight division.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
For all the shit that I've talked about this Smackdown draft and its roster at the end of the day, my final thought on the matter is: There is actually a lot of talented dudes on there that for some reason or another have been in booking HELL for years and years. If Smackdown treats these guys with a modicum of respect, makes a couple of them look strong instead of feeding them to Vince's favs they might be able to salvage some careers on that show. My list of guys that could actually benefit from the less mark-centric booking of Raw are:

ADR - this dude needs a face run and to become the latino hero he is destined to be before it's too late to save him. He's actually in my top 10 favorite wrestlers in the WWE right now despite being squandered for years.

Dolph - the 50/50 super star needs a good program. his amazing wrestling talents are being wasted elevating mediocre wrestlers

Bray Wyatt - I didn't watch much wrestling during the height of the Wyatt family's run, but it's clear as day watching this guy that he is potentially one of the better mic guys in the company right now. He could make a hell of a run without the cult gimmick if given the right opponents

Zack Ryder - I've been marking out over this dude since 2011 and aside from his brief Wrestlemania moment he has been getting shit on for so long in the WWE and he deserves so much more. I thought the revamped theme song and ring gear and push towards the US Title with Rusev was going to be the start of big things to come, but the booking has been SHIT and it appears to have fizzled out into nothingness. Poor Zack. Give him a program and make him a legitimate contender. He has the look of a top 5 face. If they put him back in the Hype Bros with Mojo Rawley I'm fucking done with the WWE
for good this time

MG310

ADR - this dude needs a face run and to become the latino hero he is destined to be before it's too late to save him. He's actually in my top 10 favorite wrestlers in the WWE right now despite being squandered for years.

They really messed up the first time he turned face by taking away all of his cool crime boss swagger and just making him generic Latino people's champ.

im fine with this, most of the no charisma and annoying guys like ambrose/ ryder are on smackdown, so no reason for me to watch it. Only real good guy there is John cena. Rest of the guys are generic.

Well that was shit. Like I know Raw was going to get the better deal, especially after that whole rule of Raw getting three picks for every two for Smackdown but okay that made sense. They really should have announced that NXT roster members already locked into Takeover, even as a favor to Regal or Triple H or someone, were exempt from the draft but without that Nia Jax gets drafted over Bayley, EVA MARIE TOO?! Ooookay. No mention of her or Shinsuke or Joe or well others that would make more sense than Nia or fucking Mojo. I guess the Hype Bros are coming to Smackdown... I guess AA is going to be the main team there since Raw got both Enzo and Cass and the New Day which is just like... What?

Sammy and Owens still on the same show still, should've been separated so this never ending feud would be forced to end and I still don't like splitting the women's division even with the call ups that's only 13 women and to make it worse Smackdown got shit on there too. Carmella they're continuing to keep away from Enzo and Cass yet nothing have still be done to actually separate her from them.

The number one draft pick is obviously our lord and savior "Big Momma Pump" Dana Brooke.

This is what I've wanted for a while now but it'll never happen.

LiQuid!

Sammy and Owens still on the same show still, should've been separated so this never ending feud would be forced to end

I agreed with you before it became apparent that Smackdown was to be a dumping ground for mid carders. Sami and KO are both too new to the WWE and have too bright a future to be relegated to the B-show.

I agreed with you before it became apparent that Smackdown was to be a dumping ground for mid carders. Sami and KO are both too new to the WWE and have too bright a future to be relegated to the B-show.

Yeah, I'm probably going to be just watching the highlights since that's what they've made Smackdown outside of a handful of people.

FUCK OFF they're killing SD on purpose now. JBL? He's gonna make Mauro his bitch forever. Forever. Forever.

I can see the dirt sheet now and why WWE is puzzled on why SD is doing badly ratings wise. But they got Cena so that won't happen.

Indelible

I really thought WWE would try and give Smackdown a different look and feel but it is literally a blue version of RAW, no reason to watch with that roster.

I'll laugh when SD outrates Raw for the first 3 or 4 weeks because Cena, then they panic and move him back to Raw, leaving SD to it's sad 1.0 fate.

KissVibes

Banned
Gallows and Anderson have more to offer WWE than AJ Styles now, being on the flagship show. AJ has been sent to wrestling hell. He'll never be WWE Champion now. Sad.

Oh for fucks sake, they do call Graves up and then PUT HIM ON FUCKING RAW and move JBL to Smackdown along with Otunga?!

They're intentionally tanking Smackdown aren't they?

Anth0ny

I'll laugh when SD outrates Raw for the first 3 or 4 weeks because Cena, then they panic and move him back to Raw, leaving SD to it's sad 1.0 fate.

this seems very realistic lol

either way ratings will be the shits again in about a month when the appeal of the brand split wears off

We'll really know the true value of John Cena down the line when the SD! ratings come.

I want Smackdown to succeed so badly and I hope everyone involved gets a fire lit up their asses cause I can see SOMETHING with that roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom