• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Great Balls of Fire |OT| Missing Championship Found Safe After Three Month Search

fhqwhgads

vmssg_EFvkb--fab66cabc6dcca1accd40d0d77a3b801.jpg

When: July 9th at 8pm Eastern and 5pm Pacific
Where: American Airlines Centre at Dallas Texas.
Watch: On Pay Per View and WWE Network

uo9ELgb.gif

"That’s a pretty incredible name for a wrestling show, isn’t it? The head honcho Vince McMahon thought that the name was hilarious, and that’s pretty much the entire story. You never know when it comes to Vince, but he’s usually right, so we trust him. Vince loves the name, so I expect it to become an annual event.”

20170626_GBOF_Crusier--6aad4d84671a8bca9e3aa424cde52ab8.jpg

Preshow match for the Cruiserweight Championship: Neville Vs. Akira Tozawa
Cruiserweights might be floundering, but don't worry cause Titus Brand Worldwide is gonna help the small shouty boy #MAKEITAWIN tonight!

20170628_GBOF_EnzoCass--6a5ab56edc49b4a1b594f461a72ab23f.jpg

Enzo Amore Vs. Big Cass
Only one thing is certain about this match, Enzo is gonna ragdoll like crazy. Cross your fingers for good ragdolling, not "Getting knocked out by the Vaudevillains" or "THAT Cesaro match" style.

20170628_GBOF_MizDean--f319e54dd76e9f8c1d65779d031ed5d4.jpg

Intercontinental Championship match: The Miz Vs. Dean Ambrose
Please let Miz win so he can fued with Goldust. I wanna see the New Hollywood against Old Hollywood battle so bad, this'll make up for the fact Goldie doesn't have a match at the PPV. Just keep Ambrose away from the title.

20170628_GBOF_Tag--3254411d1f226d20089a5ac69bd23c31.jpg

30 Minute Iron Man Match for the Raw Tag Team Championships: Cesaro and Sheamus Vs. The Hardy Boyz
Don't get your hopes up for Broken Matt. I need to keep reminding y'all so you don't get mad. It's a nice thing to think, but don't automatically think it'll happen! That'll keep your hype in check and if it does happen, more power to you! Keep calm smarks.

20170626_GBOF_SethBray--7ff0683c68b1bea51930600fe60f447e.jpg

Seth Rollins Vs. Bray Wyatt
Bray's losing. This match sucks.

20170626_GBOF_BlissBanks--fdfac5df415c7638e2a8e23dbe3bda57.jpg

Raw Women's Championship Match: Alexa Bliss Vs. Sasha Banks
Sasha is relevant again! She still isn't heel yet but there's still time before Summerslam! At least she ain't dancing again. And at least she isn't Bayley right now. Poor Bayley....

20170619_GBOF_RomanBraun--5694fd15fa03a210473f49960124fb58.jpg

Ambulance Match: Roman Reigns Vs. Braun Strowman
God I love dumb match stipulations like this. Not dumb dumb, I don't want no pole matches, but stuff where you gotta throw someone into something? I'm all over that. Superman punch off the ambulance? Power slam to break a door off? Gimmie it all!

20170604_GREATBALLOFFIRE_TEMP--47f6dc5aed668ddf511449601f9b93d9.jpg

Universal Championship Match: Brock Lesnar Vs. Samoa Joe
You can guarantee there'll be no kissing between these two! Who's going to become the master of the universe? WHO'S BALLS ARE MORE ON FIRE?

Probably one of the better looking ppvs they put on in a few months in terms of match selection.

I just hope Joe vs Brock isn't a suplex fest.

Isak_Borg

First PPV in a long time that i'm super excited about.

Hopefully Joe goes over tonight and Lesnar moves away from the title scene since he doesn't need the belt.

I can't wait for Sasha to lose clean like Bayley. :(

Roman vs Braun is gonna be carny and great. It's been a really good feud. It is a pretty simple feud too which helps. Strowman shows up randomly to attack Roman who bumps like a mad man for him as he is beaten up in multiple locations.

NYR

I've been out of the WWE loop for a while, if someone can please explain the title?
There is a storyline involving cousin fucking so it fits the theme.

Not serious. Just a stupid PPV name once they realized they could get the song for basically free since Jerry Lee Lewis is a god damn perv.

There are a lot of layers to this PPV

Main event is a dream match but do I:

1. want to set through the rest of the card
2. have faith that they aren't going to mess up the main event
3. really want to order a show named "Great Balls of Fire"

I've been out of the WWE loop for a while, if someone can please explain the title?

The PPV name: Vince is so out of touch he thinks a 60 year old rock song is the new hip jam that the kids are listening to on their 8-track players.

The thread title: WrassleGAF has some weird hang-up about Brock carrying a belt while only being a part-timer despite it making the belt way more important and the title defenses much bigger deals than mandatory monthly PPV defense we used to get.

Isak_Borg

The PPV name: Vince is so out of touch he thinks a 60 year old rock song is the new hip jam that the kids are listening to on their 8-track players.

The thread title: WrassleGAF has some weird hang-up about Brock carrying a belt while only being a part-timer despite it making the belt way more important and the title defenses much bigger deals than mandatory monthly PPV defense we used to get.

I have no problem with a part-timer having the belt but he doesn't need it because Brock Lesnar the man is the attraction and he brings folks in without the belt. I think it should be used to elevate someone who needs it. Fuck, I wouldn't even mind a cocky Roman Reigns run with the belt until he's dethroned at Mania.

Bottom line is dude doesn't need it and would be interesting to have someone else run with it for awhile but IF Brock is going to hold onto it I hope he just carries it til Mania because I also don't want them passing the belt around like a hot potato.

Can't remember the last time I was hyped for a Wrestling PPV. That Main Event..I want Joe to smash Brock, though i;m not holding my breath.

Hex

Banned
Why in the nine hells are THE KING of the Cruiserweights...YOUR lord and master..the great Neville vs Tozawa on the damned pre-show when garbage filth like Enzo vs Cass is on the main card?

Why in the nine hells are THE KING of the Cruiserweights...YOUR lord and master..the great Neville vs Tozawa on the damned pre-show when garbage filth like Enzo vs Cass is on the main card?

Enzo and Cass are garbage because they are actually entertaining characters? You realize that fake wrasslin is pointless without characters, something the cruiserweight lacks

Honestly, not a bad card at all. Hopefully some of these matches deliver. Cass v Enzo should have been at Summer Slam, though.

Syder

My predictions:

Neville (c) v Akira Tozawa

Enzo Amore v Big Cass

Roman Reigns v Braun Strowman

Seth Rollins v Bray Wyatt

The Miz (c) v Dean Ambrose

Cesaro & Sheamus (c) v The Hardy Boyz

Alexa Bliss (c) v Sasha Banks

Brock Lesnar (c) v Samoa Joe​

geomon

My predictions:

Neville (c) v Akira Tozawa

Enzo Amore v Big Cass

Roman Reigns v Braun Strowman

Seth Rollins v Bray Wyatt

The Miz (c) v Dean Ambrose

Cesaro & Sheamus (c) v The Hardy Boyz

Alexa Bliss (c) v Sasha Banks

Brock Lesnar (c) v Samoa Joe​

You're picking Strowman? ROFL!

shaowebb

This pay per view card looks like the leftovers on my toiletpaper wipings.
The only place the dudes on this card can carry these matches to is the dumpster.

You're picking Strowman? ROFL!
I think Braun wins over a hurt going in Roman like at Payback. Roman has said he's challenging the winner of the main event and nothing in this match build up has said that the winner of the ambulance match gets the universal champion.

Syder

Vince likes Braun but Roman is his first love. Everything is about getting Roman cheered by the smarks dammit.
Braun has been made to look like a total bitch the last 6 months; losing to Roman clean and wetting himself at the sight of the Undertaker.

The "I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU YET" angle has redeemed him somewhat but losing a stupid gimmick match like this to Roman would put him squarely back in the fucked zone.

Top Bottom