• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Great Balls of Fire |OT| Missing Championship Found Safe After Three Month Search

Shauni

The thread title: WrassleGAF has some weird hang-up about Brock carrying a belt while only being a part-timer despite it making the belt way more important and the title defenses much bigger deals than mandatory monthly PPV defense we used to get.

Does anyone think the Universal Championship is all that important though?

I like Tozawa, but it really doesn't feel like he has babyface appeal the same with Jack Gallagher, Mustafa Ali, or Cedric.

Deservedly, it's on the pre-show until they can finally get a good babyface to challenge Neville.

Great OT Title btw

Kymbo

1am start in the uk right?
Very tempted to watch, the card looks like a lot of fun...plus i am on holiday at the inlaws so it would be my first live event with gaf!
Girlfriend is giving me evils though...
Worth the grief?

Podge293

1am start in the uk right?
Very tempted to watch, the card looks like a lot of fun...plus i am on holiday at the inlaws so it would be my first live event with gaf!
Girlfriend is giving me evils though...
Worth the grief?

For brock and joe for sure. That match is gonna be good.

For enzo and cass not so much

Also correct at 1am. I'll be watching in Ireland. Important work meetings be damned

Or do what I do and promise them lunch the following day (helps my wife is off work Mondays)

Velcro Fly

hard to care about a title that hasn't really been defended at all this year. they robbed KO of it and gave it to tryhardberg. Then they put it on Brock and he hasn't defended it once in 3 months. It is a joke.

Jinder Mahal is my champion.

geomon

Braun has been made to look like a total bitch the last 6 months; losing to Roman clean and wetting himself at the sight of the Undertaker.

The "I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU YET" angle has redeemed him somewhat but losing a stupid gimmick match like this to Roman would put him squarely back in the fucked zone.

Well get ready for it because there's no way in Hell or on Earth that Braun is winning this match.

Isak_Borg

I thought Roman/Lesnar was planned for Summerslam.

It was originally planned for Mania but they might hotshot it because of ratings.

I don't think they should because I don't see Roman having a successful title run right now. They really need to get the crowd behind him, not sure how that's possible at this point because they've basically destroyed his character but who knows he might be able to pull it off.

night814

I haven't paid attention to wrestling in a while, didn't realise Miz and Ambrose were still feuding. Yikes

They love keeping the Ohio boys together for some reason despite them not exactly having great chemistry in the ring, their matches have the worse gut kicks I've ever seen.

Strowman ought to win as Roman winning does nothing for either of them. Roman will be the same no matter if he wins or loses so he should put Strowman over to try to slavage him since his injury derailed him.

That said, highly expect Roman to go over and to be met with huge boos.

I hope Braun throws Roman in an ambulance and as the engine starts this happens;

rdkrKw.gif

Podge293

It was originally planned for Mania but they might hotshot it because of ratings.

I don't think they should because I don't see Roman having a successful title run right now. They really need to get the crowd behind him, not sure how that's possible at this point because they've basically destroyed his character but who knows he might be able to pull it off.

Can't be any worse than seeing it once every 3 months.

Turn him pure heel. It'll be glorious

Shauni

I feel like at this point it's basically been proven impossible to do. Everyone has tried, and it's always failed. The only path is really just a full heel turn and see if that can turn the audience if Reigns can deliver (which, I'm not sure he can, but maybe?), but they won't do that for whatever reason.

Isak_Borg

I feel like at this point it's basically been proven impossible to do. Everyone has tried, and it's always failed. The only path is really just a full heel turn and see if that can turn the audience if Reigns can deliver (which, I'm not sure he can, but maybe?), but they won't do that for whatever reason.

I think the tweener thing he's pulling off right now is growing on me. I think the Superman punch and his spear are horrendous and he needs a new finisher but I've kind of come around on his ring work in general.

It kind of seems like Roman the actual person is a nice guy and kind of sucks that Vince is shoving him down everyone's throats. Dude is just doing what he's told.

OmegaX06

Do WWE employees bet on matches? Meltzer is always talking about "smart money" being placed on matches and the odds basically giving away the entire results of the card. Even though betting sites probably don't let you place huge bets for WWE it seems pretty shady to me...

night814

Turning him full heel at this point is the only way to get him anywhere near over in the long run. He has to go full bad before he can be redeemed. Right now they have him in the middle just repeating the same stuff since mania which is only hurting him.

I think the tweener thing he's pulling off right now is growing on me. I think the Superman punch and his spear are horrendous and he needs a new finisher but I've kind of come around on his ring work in general.

It kind of seems like Roman the actual person is a nice guy and kind of sucks that Vince is shoving him down everyone's throats. Dude is just doing what he's told.
A lot of this too. His move set is severely lacking, he's such a big dude I don't see why he doesn't use more big man moves like fallaways and power bombs(he does the one where he picks them up off the ground but I'm talking full on Diesel power bombs). He does a lot of headlocks which is the kiss of death. I think that commercial of him singing I'm a little tea cup with his daughter is haunting him now because we've been shown he is a good family Guy outside the ring. Hard to be a badass when that's how people think of you. Not to mention his god awful promos after the shield split.

Anth0ny

Do WWE employees bet on matches? Meltzer is always talking about "smart money" being placed on matches and the odds basically giving away the entire results of the card. Even though betting sites probably don't let you place huge bets for WWE it seems pretty shady to me...

Wouldn't be surprised if they do, yeah.

Thank god I only have to listen to some of you terrible posters every ppv

Confirmed garbage tier poster

Hornswaggle XL isn't a draw, I literally laughed seeing him size up with Roman Reigns, laughable how much the marks obsess over him.

He has ZERO character when he's in not in the demon paint, his promos are shit

DJChuy

Wait, Goldust vs the Truth isn't on the card? The hell? Whatever, still a decent card anyway.

Probably saving it for Summerslam
preshow.

I hope Joe wins tonight and gets an undefeated streak going on again until he loses the title to the Big Dawg at Wrestlemania.

I still can't believe this is the PPV name and they're actually using the fucking song. Looking forward to a few matches though.

Hex

Banned
I will say this, if WWE has the stones to put Joe over tonight I will watch one month of Raw and Smackdown for the first time in months.

God... Another WWE "network event"/PPV, Brock/Samoa Joe for the first time should've at the very least been a Summerslam match.

I really hope Brock actually wrestles tonight.

I'm speaking nonsense, he hasn't wrestled for over a decade now.

He did before the Suplex City bullshit started but ever since that became a thing he's pretty much put in the most minimal of efforts.

Top Bottom