• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Money in the Bank '17 |OT| It's A New Day!(One) Yes It Is!(H)

Hope Jinder wins, but seems unlikely.

Also the first time in 6 or 7 years that Orton has actually got a standing ovation... May as well soak it in, must be a reminder of what wrestling was in the early 2000s.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
God I wish Jinder was better the heat he has is pretty great

maybe to flip it on its head not only is he a minority which is why they chant usa at him however they could use the fact that he ahs the loo but he shouldnt be where he is which is why he has heaters, and will continue to use them. I hope he imporves a little obviously though

So I haven't been watching much... Jinder is heel because he's from India? This is some of the dumbest "evil foreigner" shit I've ever seen.

Should've just made him a cocky asshole and not focus on his nationality whatsoever.
As long as the yokels who go to the shows keep booing foreigners who dare to speak ill of America, Vince will continue doing the evil foreigner shtick.

Majukun

is there a way to make them BOTH lose?

orton is boredon incarnate ,and jinder has been cutting the same exact promo every tuesday night

long gone are the days of cena vs aj...

Looking cool is such a small portion of what makes a good champ though. There are plenty of guys on the roster who can look cool and also not be shitty on the mic and mediocre in the ring.

I mean I'm not blind, he's pure window dressing. But he presents himself with just enough confidence and in-ring skill in my opinion to buy him as a champ. Part of that on how he's presented and part of it is himself as well. He's an example of how a company is actively making someone a star; and we all just wish they'd do it for more people instead of just one.

That being said, this is pretty hype.

Jinder's cool look is ruined when the camera is close and you see his roided body, weird shaped pecs and ache coated back.

btw, what ever did happen to that terrible red head, the one that could never wrestle? Forgot her name.

did they finally fire her?
um if you mean maria she literally returned tonight

As long as the yokels who go to the shows keep booing foreigners who dare to speak ill of America, Vince will continue doing the evil foreigner shtick.

As with most WWE booking tactics, it's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

When you tell people for years that foreigners are bad because xenophobia is cool, then you cultivate a crowd that reacts that way.

ReiGun

I don't see why people keep bringing up India like they're making a deep point. It's a scripted sport. Every WWE champion in history has largely been the result of a business decision, regardless of whether fans think they deserve it or not.

I understand and actually agree with much of the criticism of Jinder as a performer, but I'm not going to act like his push is somehow desecrating the sanctity of the WWE Title.

I mean I'm not blind, he's pure window dressing. But he presents himself with just enough confidence and in-ring skill in my opinion to buy him as a champ. Part of that on how he's presented and part of it is himself as well. He's an example of how a company is actively making someone a star; and we all just wish they'd do it for more people instead of just one.

That being said, this is pretty hype.

He's not even a good example of that because they are only going halfway with pushing him. His segments are barely promoted and are dropped in the middle of the show every week and he's not even main eventing as champion in the challenger's hometown.

He's not even a good example of that because they are only going halfway with pushing him. His segments are barely promoted and are dropped in the middle of the show every week and he's not even main eventing as champion in the challenger's hometown.

This has been the first time i've watched a single wrestling thing in god knows how many months so idk but my perception of Jinder has been positive. It's sink or swim for this guy and so far....he's not drowning at least.

To be fair to how he's booked, Jinder should be booked like a monster bad guy. The guy is huge, super ripped, and does the "Evil scowl" as good as anyone.

They're unable to book face foreignors without making them "fun time guys," like "foreignors who just wanna have a good time!" So, at this point in wrestling booking, Jinder should be a monster heel and there's nothing wrong with him shitting on America at the same time to get heat. Worked for guys like Ludvig Borga and Yokozuna who couldn't otherwise be booked as faces.

Not home yet, how is the PPV so far?

Lousy IMO. Feels like a Smackdown or Raw to me. MAtch quality pretty poor, a couple of filler segments and cable-like story segments.

Top Bottom