• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Network |OT| $9.99 PPVs, that's gonna put some butts in the seats

Aiii

So not worth it
clipboard01i4u0l.jpg

IT JUMPS STRAIGHT TO ALL THE AJ MATCHES AND SEGMENTS GUYS!

Kaladin

The initial vault content offerings kind of sucks. They should have learned from the Netflix model that people like to binge watch things....at least give us full years of ECW, WCCW or things like that if you're not going to put the entire run up.

Covfan

I just signed up for a new WWE account using a US address (a random pizza place in NYC) and then it went straight to paypal, I logged in and paid and it accepted my order.

Still says no, did you change your postal address in paypal to the one you used signing up on the WWE website?

styl3s

The initial vault content offerings kind of sucks. They should have learned from the Netflix model that people like to binge watch things....at least give us full years of ECW, WCCW or things like that if you're not going to put the entire run up.
You get every single PPV.. That is weak content?

You can't just give out every single raw, smackdown, nitro, thunder etc. You have to keep back content so your service can strive for years not just months.

My stream is buffering hell. Goddamn Verizon dsl.
PC or PS3/PS4? I had buffer issues on PS4 and immediately swapped to PC and i have no problems now.

Could be a problem with the app.

joelseph

I'm getting a crystal clear stream with no issues. Can't watch too much for I am at work, but this new NXT looks good. Excited to get home.

Kaladin

You get every single PPV.. That is weak content?

You can't just give out every single raw, smackdown, nitro, thunder etc. You have to keep back content so your service can strive for years not just months.

At least put up full years, or some blocks of content people can binge watch through instead of a few episodes here and there and not even have the full run of that.

Malajax

What is this about? I assume it's for someone like me who has only ever seen like 2 episodes of NXT due to it being on shitty hulu.

It's a recap of NXT from last year. It's a good place to start if you want to get into NXT, which is easily the best thing WWE has going for it right now. I also just discovered that I watched this at the beginning of the year, so onto something else.

Still going pretty well, except my Internet connection seems to be terrible since it's buffering all the time. I doubt it's the network itself.

Aiii

So not worth it
At least put up full years, or some blocks of content people can binge watch through instead of a few episodes here and there and not even have the full run of that.

They have 2012 and 2013 Raw and Smackdown in full and will continue to add new ones up to a month ago, right now the newest Raw is the one where Batista returned.

Clearly they're bound by their broadcasting deals in that.

Kaladin

The 24/7 Network is live.

They have 2012 and 2013 Raw and Smackdown in full and will continue to add new ones up to a month ago, right now the newest Raw is the one where Batista returned.

Clearly they're bound by their broadcasting deals in that.

I'm talking about the old stuff. They have select 93 and 98 episodes of Raw, only a few ECW TV episodes, none in order, same with WCCW.

At least there are a few MSG shows that are there.

styl3s

Again you have to think long term.

Back to your Netflix comment, do you not remember how Netflix instant was it's first couple of years? It was fucking dreadful. It had little to no interesting content. They already have a couple years up and more will come. You knew what you were getting into before you bought into the network.

Coins

Banned
Was watching the wwe legends roundtable with no problems until about five minutes ago then it started pausing. Must be a ton of people signing up as the MLB people know what they are doing.

styl3s

When does the Monday Night Wars thing launch? I was looking around at programming schedules and can't find anything on it. I assume march-april?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Keep in mind folks that this is a stress test considering the trial. This is gonna get hammered today.

Also keep in mind there's still current TV deals and more that restricts some of the content.

WrestleMania X7.

Doesn't get any better.

EDIT - IT HAS 'MY WAY'!!!

holy shit, that's a megaton

Adrian121

"Media Error: Video not available"

Does anyone else get that when trying to watch the 24/7 Network? :\ All the videos play fine except for the live stream.

Kaladin

Again you have to think long term.

Back to your Netflix comment, do you not remember how Netflix instant was it's first couple of years? It was fucking dreadful. It had little to no interesting content. They already have a couple years up and more will come. You knew what you were getting into before you bought into the network.

Maybe I expected too much from the initial content....I dunno, I just wanted to binge watch some old wrasslin I haven't seen before that they own instead of getting a random episode here or there.

sajj316

"Media Error: Video not available"

Does anyone else get that when trying to watch the 24/7 Network? :\ All the videos play fine except for the live stream.

I'd imagine they are getting pegged this morning .. forgot my WWE password so its taking a long time sending password reset emails.

Aiii

So not worth it
The WWE app on Android is now checking my location and denying access.

-edit: And now it's streaming fine again. That's weird.

styl3s

Maybe I expected too much from the initial content....I dunno, I just wanted to binge watch some old wrasslin I haven't seen before that they own instead of getting a random episode here or there.
A lot of us want to binge attitude era and earlier stuff but we have to be real here.. It's not going to happen for awhile.

Of course we will eventually get to that point where we get Nitros and Raws and Smackdowns from the 90s but i assume they have to go through every single episode to make sure they take out all songs and other things that can fuck them over due to copyrights and stuff. That has to take awhile.

Stuart444

I'm a little worried their going to geolock it after they realize that they haven;t done so. :/

That said, if they don't. I'll jump on this once it calms down a little. It's obviously going to get hammered for a bit after all.

joelseph

Suddenly the sign up site has slowed to a crawl for me. Guess that's everyone rushing in at 9am EST.

People starting work. I rolled in at 8am CST. Expect a few more hits on the hours as we trickle into our offices on a Monday morning and plop down to browse the internet! Viva la corporate.

Top Bottom