• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Network |OT| $9.99 PPVs, that's gonna put some butts in the seats

Wow I never realized how fat Goldust used to be.. Watching this Countdown show now and in the Booker T segment he has some promo spots with him.

markatisu

My day is ruined, I am going to be watching shit all day LOL

1002659_10201677925012753_1617948579_n.jpg

Once I got through the signup it was painless to connect on the PS3 and instantly found a ton to watch so choose ECW's Barely Legal

Malajax

I was hoping that with MLB.tv behind them that it wouldn't be so bad. Wrestlemania can't afford to be this bad. They have to get it together by then.

Aiii

So not worth it
I was hoping that with MLB.tv behind them that it wouldn't be so bad. Wrestlemania can't afford to be this bad. They have to get it together by then.

Wow, relax dude, it's just some day one stuff. They'll sort it out soon enough.

I figured gamers would be used to having day one issues with online stuff and wouldn't be phased by this, it'll be fine!

----

Watching WrestleMania 17 now, starts with Limp Bizkit unedited out. Not sure if that was the same on the home video and just edited out for Taker's theme song, but yeah, there you go.

markatisu

They have more than 1 month to get the streaming adjusted, this is Day 1 and literally the first hour.

But even if they don't I am fine with this quality for basically $9.99

Wow I never realized how fat Goldust used to be.. Watching this Countdown show now and in the Booker T segment he has some promo spots with him.

Just don't watch his stuff in NJPW. He let himself go big time. It really makes you appreciate how good his physical conditioning is nowadays given where he was and his age!

My day is ruined, I am going to be watching shit all day LOL

1002659_10201677925012753_1617948579_n.jpg

Once I got through the signup it was painless to connect on the PS3 and instantly found a ton to watch so choose ECW's Barely Legal

Your day has been made complete.

Downhome

Here is the Benoit disclaimer. People are saying it isn't coming up on the website (I haven't seen it), and it's only before Insurrextion 2002 so far, and only on "apps"...

tumblr_n1i9nycKPU1rixh13o1_1280.jpg

Purexed

Banned
Their servers weren't ready. I can't even create a new account without their site timing out. Doesn't bode too well for the actual streaming if I can't sign in.

Their servers weren't ready. I can't even create a new account without their site timing out. Doesn't bode too well for the actual streaming if I can't sign in.

Their severs weren't ready for THOUSANDS of people signing up all at once. Something that will not happen after today in such numbers. Colour me surprised!! Please, stop this foreshadowing crap and let things settle down before every post on here becomes "oh no, its bad on day 1 hour 1 it's doomed."

Their severs weren't ready for THOUSANDS of people signing up all at once. Something that will not happen after today in such numbers. Colour me surprised!! Please, stop this foreshadowing crap and let things settle down before every post on here becomes "oh no, its bad on day 1 hour 1 it's doomed."

Welcome to neogaf.

I hope the network comes over to the UK soon!

ggnoobIGN

Banned
Their streaming seems to be in better shape than the signup. Probably because they are in bed with mlb for the streaming. Not sure about if that's the case for the signup.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
It's bad on day 1 hour 1, it's doomed.

I got through sign up long enough to input my CC info only for it to crash on me at the final step. What a damn tease.

EDIT - It worked. I swear, every time I start bitching about something not working online, it starts working.

bigkrev

The streaming isn't being handled by WWE, its being handled by MLB. WWEs website isn't used to this much simultaneous traffic which is whats causing the signup issues.

I've entered my information a dozen times, hit the paypal button, and 10 minutes later get the error message. I guess I'll keep trying!

MickeyPhree

I've had some problems this morning that I posted about already. Only issue I'm having now is this....if you just start watching a show.....anarchy rulz 99 for example everything streams fine. When you skip ahead to later in the show, ie tazz vs awesome vs tanaka every five seconds it now has to buffer.

markatisu

Took me 45min to signup but damnit streaming is smooth on the app. I just loaded up WM17 and its like having WWE Netflix lol

But seriously has nobody ever tried to signup for an online game on Day 1, this is basically the same thing. Add to the fact they launched it a full month before the biggest event of the year will give them more than enough time to tweak things if needed.

Valtýr

The streaming itself seems to be working pretty well for me. It's the site that's not holding up. I clicked on MITB 2011 and it took a bit for it to start coming up but when the video plays, it plays without a problem.

Aiii

So not worth it
Lots of you have been asking about WWE Network, and our initial findings have found content not to be geo-blocked at this moment in time. We'll continue to test over the course of the day as the site is a little unstable due to network traffic.

We will continue to monitor WWE Network in case any of the PPV's are geo-blocked. We assure you if they are blocked, that we'll do our upmost to support this site :D

You might want to check out the WWE section of our support site, where we'll be putting articles that you may find handy.

http://support.unblock-us.com/customer/portal/articles/1459480-wwe-network

I have send them an e-mail to indicate that you can't view the live schedule content without getting geo-locked, so I hope they pick that up soon, so I'm sure all will be in working order soon enough.

Very excited about all this right now, I think I'm gonna STAY HYPED for a long time.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Buffering hell in this fully loaded 99 ppv after I got it to load again.

Live orogramming works but I'm not interested in it.

Branson

So the one week free trial has everything from the full paid version? And it auto renews? After that? Just getting it clear in my head.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Is there really a "no Benoit" parental control setting?

Downhome

People are saying that Kat's boobs, and other instances where things like that happened, are blurred out.

Also, this...

WWE NETWORK EXPERIENCING HIGH DEMAND
Please be patient if you’re ordering WWE Network as we’re experiencing extremely high demand. Your order will be processed as soon as possible.

Zach

So... how much of the music is missing? Specifically the WCW stuff. I've watched a few WWE DVDs and there's nothing worse than omitted/replaced themes.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
ugh

I was enjoying stuff earlier with no problems now all these FAT ASSES making shows buffer every 5 seconds.

Purexed

Banned

Settle down champ, just sharing my experience with the account creation process.

I'm sorry for not giving the mega corporation a pass for not properly projecting what their site traffic would look like.

Top Bottom