• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Network |OT| $9.99 PPVs, that's gonna put some butts in the seats

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Can't get through the signup process right now... I'll try again in a bit...

Going to be interesting to see if the streams can hold up in this first week... if they do, they're gold.

Watching Wrestlemania Rewind right now. Kind of annoying how they all refer to it as WWE back then even with all the video stuff clearly says WWF. Also, lol @ Daniel Bryan doing these sit down interview segments with that monstrosity of an unkempt beard on him. No wonder he keeps getting booked to lose the big shows. Dude needs to clean up his act and eat a steak or two.

styl3s

Keep in mind folks that this is a stress test considering the trial. This is gonna get hammered today.

Also keep in mind there's still current TV deals and more that restricts some of the content.

holy shit, that's a megaton
I have a feeling the internet is going to be extremely pissed due to this fact.

I don't think it's going to be as bad as MMO launches because completely different things but i expect problems but given how the internet is.. Also, i haven't checked out any pre-wwe content yet, is the WWF logo blurred? I assume it isn't since they reached that deal but i don't know. Can't fucking stand watching a match with blurs everywhere.

UK gaf here, I've had like 4 hours sleep since overdoing the red bull last night. If the news about the geo block being a piece of piss to bypass is true I will be so happy to be red eyed right now.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Watching Wrestlemania Rewind right now. Kind of annoying how they all refer to it as WWE back then even with all the video stuff clearly says WWF. Also, lol @ Daniel Bryan doing these sit down interview segments with that monstrosity of an unkempt beard on him. No wonder he keeps getting booked to lose the big shows. Dude needs to clean up his act and eat a steak or two.

He has been eating steaks!

I have a feeling the internet is going to be extremely pissed due to this fact.

I don't think it's going to be as bad as MMO launches because completely different things but i expect problems but given how the internet is.. Also, i haven't checked out any pre-wwe content yet, is the WWF logo blurred? I assume it isn't since they reached that deal but i don't know. Can't fucking stand watching a match with blurs everywhere.

Eh, it's just the internet, they're a forgiving bunch . Also there should be no blurs. That was removed.

I was really hoping we'd get 60FPS video so it wouldn't look all YouTube-y and would actually look like live TV akin to the 360's UFC app. Quite the letdown.

Oh and no the WWF logos are not blurred. Watching the Wrestlemania 1 main event right now. It's crazy how they have Liberace, Muhammad Ali, Mr. T, Cyndi Lauper and all these other stars involved with it and how Hulk and T did all this mainstream publicity stuff to build heat for the match.

MickeyPhree

image_zpsf436884e.jpg

This is what all content is displaying. Logged out and logged back in, but still the same.

Garou

TV-video is never 60fps, internet-video is just deinterlaced and therefore doesn't look as "smooth". Try an interlaced video in VLC and try the deinterlace filters Bob (=smooth) and Yadif (=YouTubey).

Malajax

When it streams in HD, it's wonderful. Unfortunately, it hasn't been staying there. Hopefully it's just from the stress this morning.

TV-video is never 60fps, internet-video is just deinterlaced and therefore doesn't look as "smooth". Try an interlaced video in VLC and try the deinterlace filters Bob (=smooth) and Yadif (=YouTubey).
Watch the UFC 360 app and come back.

Or just watch an episode of RAW on your DVR and compare it to the WWE network stream and then realize how wrong you are.

I work in post production also, so I'm pretty familiar with video and frame rates and such.

MickeyPhree

Nothing is working for me. Instead of showing no content found like a minute ago, now I'm just treated to a blank screen. They must be getting hammered.

Aiii

So not worth it
This seems too unstable for me.

Are you using any sort of proxy?

I use Unblock-us, but not on my phone.

I'm sure it will be properly unlocked soon enough, so I'm not worried, just hoping the WWE's check remains shitty for a while until they work their magic :D

Garou

Watch the UFC 360 app and come back.

Or just watch an episode of RAW on your DVR and compare it to the WWE network stream and then realize how wrong you are.

Oh I know the difference, but it simply is not "60fps". You get 60 half-images in a second but those are still just 30 fps of content, smoothed out on your TV. US-Tv is usually 1080i, not p! See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1080p

They usually get deinterlaced to avoid combing on PCs and many digital displays.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Anyone using Apple TV? Cant get the app to appear. Not sure what to do

Should have became available. I don't have one tho.

This is there help info on it:
In order to experience WWE Network on an Apple TV, you must have a second generation or later (black) Apple TV running on iOS 6 or higher and be a WWE Network subscriber.

On your Apple TV, launch WWE Network by selecting WWE from the listing of apps on the home screen.

If you are a subscriber:

On the Apple TV apps screen, scroll and fine WWE using the Apple TV Remote.
From the Main Menu, select WWE.
Press Sign In.
Enter your WWE.com Username.
Press Submit.
Enter your Password.
Press Submit.
Once your account has been verified, you will be taken to the home screen and can select the programming from WWE Network that you want to watch.

Razorskin

----- ------
http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc...k_megathread_post_all_of_your_network/cfnczvj
Its letting me view the schedule! Looks the the live Network goes live at launch!
6AM Test Bars
9AM Wrestlemania Rewind (Hogan/T vs Piper/Orndorff)
10AM Coundown (Coolest Catchphrases)
11AM NXT In Ring Specials (Renee Young Highlights NXT stars)
12AM WWE Main Event Replay
1PM WWE Superstars Replay
2PM WWE Beyond the Ring (Hart vs HBK)(This may just be the DVD doc)
4PM NXT In Ring Specials
5PM Wrestlemania 1
7:30PM Raw Pre-Show
8PM Beyond the Ring(same as before)
10PM Legends of Wrestling (Greatest Giants)
11:06PM RAW Backstage Pass
11:30PM Wrestlemania Rewind (same as before)
SCHEDULE FOR TOMORROW
12:30AM WWE Countdown (coolest catchphrases)
1:30AM ECW Hardcore TV 10/4/1993 (Funk vs. Snuka, Sabu vs. Taz)
2:06AM RAW Backstage Pass Replay
2:30AM Wrestlemania Rewind (Hagan/T vs. Piper/Orndorff)
3:30AM Coundown (catchphrases)
4:30AM NXT In Ring Specials
5:30AM ECW Hardcore TV 11/1/1993 (Douglas vs. Sabu)
6:00AM WCCW 11/1/82 (Kevin Von Erich vs. Wild Bill Irwin)
7AM Legends of Wrestling (Renegades)
8:30AM Monday Night Raw 1/10/93 (First Raw Episode)
9:30AM Monday Night Raw 1/17/93 (Second Raw Episode)
10:30AM Monday Night Raw 1/24/93 (Flair vs Mr Perfect, Savage vs. Repo Man!)
11:30AM WWE Superstars Replay
12:30PM WWE Main Event Replay
1:30PM NXT In Ring Specials
2:30PM Legends of Wrestling (renegades)
4PM Legends of Wrestling (giants)
5PM Beyond the Ring (Hart vs HBK)
7PM WWE Main Event Replay
8PM NXT In Ring Specials
9PM Wrestlemania Rewind (WM1 main event)
10PM Countdown (catchphrases)
11PM NXT In Ring Specials

Is this correct?

Snaku

Banned
So Bad Blood buffered every 15 seconds, but Wrestlemania Rewind live is playing flawlessly. I wonder if they're diverting bandwidth to the live stream?

markatisu

Twice twice to sign up, once timed out the second time almost got through the account setup before it timed out.

Will try again in a bit, servers must be getting hammered

Oh I know the difference, but it simply is not "60fps". You get 60 half-images in a second but those are still just 30 fps of content, smoothed out on your TV. US-Tv is usually 1080i, not p! See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1080p

They usually get deinterlaced to avoid combing on PCs and many digital displays.
But those alternating fields are separate frames of motion. The even field is a new frame compared to the odd field. Therefore, 60FPS.

1080i gets deinterlaced on our TVs to become 59.94 frames per second.

Also, this Wrestlemania 1 main event was kind of weak :/

jmdajr

But those alternating fields are separate frames of motion. The even field is a new frame compared to the odd field. Therefore, 60FPS.

It's gonna take some getting used to how fucking slow wrestling was back then. No doubt they cared about the story lines though for almost everyone.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Mania 1 is bad times my brother.

GRW810

Sorry for the probably-moronic question but what's all this about a schedule? I thought it was an on-demand service rather than a TV channel arrangement. Obviously I understand that live broadcasts will start at a certain time but what is the benefit of scheduling WCCW at midday (for example) when it's available any time via a search anyway?

mrboo001

Banned
It took awhile, but I got in! Despite being from Canada! The "use US address and Paypal" trick works. I used the same address for profile and the network.

So yeah when i try to enter the free trial page which takes me to network.wwe.com it goes to a white page with this text: bamwsv2

Is it region blocked or just out?

Everyone gets such high hopes and expectations for everything nowadays.

I definitely prefer to temper my expectations and not go into these sorts of things expecting all the content, 60fps, no lag, seemless signup etc.

I have a feeling there are a few people who suggest they won't purchase it because of minor issues that they really had no intention of actually paying $9.99 a month and would rather continue pirating everything - which is disheartening.

MickeyPhree

Sorry for the probably-moronic question but what's all this about a schedule? I thought it was an on-demand service rather than a TV channel arrangement. Obviously I understand that live broadcasts will start at a certain time but what is the benefit of scheduling WCCW at midday (for example) when it's available any time via a search anyway?

It is on demand. They also have a schedule where they play shows.

Top Bottom