• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Network |OT| $9.99 PPVs, that's gonna put some butts in the seats

On the Android app, no quick way to start playing a PPV you exited (must pull it up in big list of PPVs), no resume when exiting an archived PPV (plays from the beginning every time), no time view when scrolling through an archived PPV (generic blue bar, no indication of where in the PPV you are jumping to)

Overall, I'm not impressed with the streaming from a design standpoint.

Penguin

BhQHH8gCIAANq8j.png:large

Seems like he is there... just gonna know where to find him!

On the Android app, no quick way to start playing a PPV you exited (must pull it up in big list of PPVs), no resume when exiting an archived PPV (plays from the beginning every time), no time view when scrolling through an archived PPV (generic blue bar, no indication of where in the PPV you are jumping to)

Overall, I'm not impressed with the streaming from a design standpoint.
The 360's UFC app puts it to absolute shame. Too bad the pricing doesn't.

styl3s

It feels so good to watch the Attitude era PPVs without seeing that damn logo blurred to shit
You and me both. I remember buying a WM set years ago from a used DVD shop and 90% of the ppvs were all blurred messes and i immediately returned it.

I hope with WM30 coming out they do release a new WM set with unblurred logos. I know to some it's kind of a moot point with the network but i will always prefer physical over digital.

Erm, is the stream really 720p? Because X-7 looks just as blurry and pixelated as it does on DVD.

I expected them to re-encode the source footage. Oh well.

Erm, is the stream really 720p? Because X-7 looks just as blurry and pixelated as it does on DVD.

X-7 was before WWE moved to HD.

I'm actually watching X-7 right now and it looks as good as SD TV can look, of course with half the frame rate though.

It wouldn't have been that hard to go through each PPV and tag the start of each match. That way you could go to a PPV and easily jump to whatever match you want.

PaulLFC

Glad to hear the reports it's not blocked outside the US (at least not yet), can't wait to sign up when I get home! Hopefully the servers have recovered a bit by then as well.

Soup Bar

I'm watching Summer Slam 98 and there's no AC/DC, not that I was expecting it to be there. But they really need to get Heat on here also. Heat was fucking great before a PPV.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm watching Summer Slam 98 and there's no AC/DC, not that I was expecting it to be there. But they really need to get Heat on here also. Heat was fucking great before a PPV.

Once upon a time Heat was some must-see ish before a PPV. Good times.

strobogo

Banned
I'm really sad that I woke up and found I can't sign up for the Network yet. All I wanted to do was wake up and search for Kanyon.

Dinokill

Do this means Benoit will be in future DVD releases? Like a Kurt Angle compilation DVD? Kurt and Benoit had arguably some of the best matches in wwe history.

Sabucin

Is anyone on the internet illegally streaming WWE Network's content? (I am not a US resident plus I don't have either PayPayl nor Credit card).
Don't look at me like that!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

You can't really "re-encode the source footage" of something shot on SD tape. I mean, you could try to up-convert it, but it would be expensive and produce dubious results at best in most cases.

Stuff shot on film is no problem as film inherently captures a higher quality image than basic HD, even if it's really old. Tape, however, does not.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
It wouldn't have been that hard to go through each PPV and tag the start of each match. That way you could go to a PPV and easily jump to whatever match you want.

Yeah, you would have thought a match select/chapter select type of deal would have been obvious.

And this shit is buffering like crazy. Basically unwatchable right now.

Yeah, you would have thought a match select/chapter select type of deal would have been obvious.

And this shit is buffering like crazy. Basically unwatchable right now.
I'm watching X-7 on my PS4 with no buffering issues.

lol @ Vince beating Shane with these paper thin trash cans.. Shit is hilarious

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife

Actually

it IS like that on PS3 for some ppvs. It's dots on the timeline for each match start or event. on PS3, you can hit L1 or R1 to skip matches.

It was like that before 9am actually for everything

I think since the servers are hammered the entire show isn't loading because I can't fast forward through shows anymore....that's a buffer issue tho.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
After 4 hours of testing on different platforms,

PS3 wins

The 24/7 live stream is like watching a real tv network..just with WWE ads and filler between shows.

On-Demand is buffer hell. I actually think it's downloading the program on the hdd as you watch it then secretly deletes it if you back out.

JLynn

This is trippy

I tried many timed to sign up for a subscription but like a whole lot of people I kept getting timeout. One time I was able to go to the screen when I entered my credit card info but that time out and eventually declined. I, knowing I still have funds in my card, still tried to sign in to subscribe. I eventually gave up and cleared my browsing history.

A few minutes later I tried again. I went to network.wwe.com, and used my wwe.com sign in. I got into the Network. I watched a couple of minutes of Wrestlemania Rewind like normal on the desktop. Tried the WWE Android app. Got in with no problem, pulling up the same ep of Rewind. Did the same on the PS3 app and got in, watching same Rewind episode. 360 app gave me a "Incorrect user and password" error. I have no email confirmation whatsoever. Did anybody get an email confirmation? I also check my bank acct and it didn't deduct the 9.95 yet.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Main Event is on right now. Watching live. No issues. Goddamn <3

Top Bottom