• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Network |OT| $9.99 PPVs, that's gonna put some butts in the seats

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I'm watching X-7 on my PS4 with no buffering issues.

lol @ Vince beating Shane with these paper thin trash cans.. Shit is hilarious

The "live" feed programming is great. The on demand stuff is basically 10 seconds of footage followed by 45-60 seconds of buffering. I guess that bodes well for future PPVs but the current product ain't really why I bought this shit, ya know?

Rapstah

That's weird, I "filled in" my existing ppv.wwe.com account with information saying I live in Norfolk, CT, and suddenly I can access network.wwe.com. All videos error out saying "Media Error: Video not available", which I guess could mean anything, but my billing address at ppv.wwe.com was my actual, non-US, billing address.

The "live" feed programming is great. The on demand stuff is basically 10 seconds of footage followed by 45-60 seconds of buffering. I guess that bodes well for future PPVs but the current product ain't really why I bought this shit, ya know?

So long as you signed up for the trial I presume you are under no obligation to give them any money whatsoever until WrestleMania. So if it's a big issue for you then just cancel auto-renew, don't give them any money yet and come back later. No one is forcing you to continue paying. Be smart with your money.

styl3s

Main Event is on right now. Watching live. No issues. Goddamn <3
I like how i can just load it up and instantly start watching live.

My biggest complaint is that it doesn't save the times you stop watching things. I accidentally exited out of WM17 like 4 matches in and when i went back i had to FF to where i was which was very annoying.

App or PC? I have 0 problems on PC but PS4 gives me nothing but problems.

You also have to understand this is day fucking one. There is going to be problems, hence the 1 week free. To think that this is going to launch with 0 problems is to be extremely naive.

I just loaded up the PS3 app to watch the live steam and no it is not live TV quality. This is running at 30 frames per second.

styl3s

I just loaded up the PS3 app to watch the live steam and no it is not live TV quality. This is running at 30 frames per second.
Turn off your natural motion/double frame gimmick on your TV because it's never been 60fps.

Why do people keep complaining about this? In what magical world do you people live in where WWE was EVER 60fps live? Or any other tv show out there?

Askani

Apologies for the drive by post...haven't had time to research today:

So the RAWs and Monday Nitros are up? Is it the full catalog?

What about the Prime Time Wrestling show from the 80's?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
App or PC? I have 0 problems on PC but PS4 gives me nothing but problems.

You also have to understand this is day fucking one. There is going to be problems, hence the 1 week free. To think that this is going to launch with 0 problems is to be extremely naive.

I'm only sharing some frustrations, I have confidence the issues will be ironed out in the coming days.

I'll give the PC app a shot.

TV has never been 60 FPS. NTSC or PAL. Neither.
Oh here we go with this again.

Ok 59.94 if you want to be specific. The even fields make one frame and then the odd fields make up the next frame creating what effectively is 60 frames per second and that is how NTSC has been since the beginning of time. Same goes for 1080i HD where the 540 even lines make one frame and then the 540 odd lines make up the next frame. If you can't see how much smoother live TV is than this stream then you should maybe get your eyes checked or something.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Apologies for the drive by post...haven't had time to research today:

So the RAWs and Monday Nitros are up? Is it the full catalog?

What about the Prime Time Wrestling show from the 80's?

Nope, read the OP as it has the answers you need - full content forthcoming.

Ok 59.94 if you want to be specific. The even fields make one frame and then the odd fields make up the next frame creating what effectively is 60 frames per second and that is how NTSC has been since the beginning of time. If you can't see how much smoother live TV is than this stream then you should maybe get your eyes checked or something.

Can you at least quote some sources because this is literally the only time I have ever heard this?

I've been trying on and off since 9AM to add the Network to my existing WWE account. I am finally able to get to the billing screen then it times out. How many more steps are there after that?

Ok 59.94 if you want to be specific. The even fields make one frame and then the odd fields make up the next frame creating what effectively is 60 frames per second and that is how NTSC has been since the beginning of time. Same goes for 1080i HD where the 540 even lines make one frame and then the 540 odd lines make up the next frame. If you can't see how much smoother live TV is than this stream then you should maybe get your eyes checked or something.

I'm glad my eyes are untrained. I don't have to worry about shit like this. I can just watch it and enjoy.

Stuart444

I'm just lurking this thread til things calm down (and hopefully til more non-US folk try it).

Speaking of, non-US folk: Does Hola Unblocker work for live streaming since someone said that is geolocked?

Can you at least quote some sources because this is literally the only time I have ever heard this?
How in the hell do you think NES, SNES, Genesis and other NTSC game consoles ran at 60 frames per second? This is just shit I know due to working in post production for years so I don't really know of a link off hand that I can provide you with.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
Well at least I have a WWE account so far. Just gotta wait a bit before I can put in my CC info since I keep getting an error every time I try to put it in.

How in the hell do you think NES, SNES, Genesis and other NTSC game consoles ran at 60 frames per second? This is just shit I know due to working in post production for years so I don't really know of a link off hand that I can provide you with.

Because that's what the source material is? It depends what these shows were originally shot at. If it's a deal breaker for you then I don't know what to say.

blurrygil

I JUST WANT TO THROW MY MONEY AT YOU WWE!!!! :'(

WWN.png~original

Askani

Nope, read the OP as it has the answers you need - full content forthcoming.

Right. I saw a couple posts about some RAWs but then saw they were only a few from '93. Then I thought I read something else about some Monday shows but I had the wrong context I think. Regardless, thanks for the confirmation.

JLynn

1: Did anybody get any type of email confirmation when you successfully setup the WWE Network order? See my post a couple pages back.

2: I'm using the PS3 app. It plays smoothly (I don't care about that FPS mess all I care is can I see it without the frequent pauses). But it is not compatible with the PS3 media remote. The normal function buttons (Play, pause, ff, etc) doesn't work. I have to resort to using the face buttons and the d-wheel. Unintuitive to say the least. I hope that gets corrected in an update.

The Xbox 360 app doesn't recognize my login at all.

Eyothrie

When I hit "Sign up" on the main page at wwe.com, I'm taken to what appears to be the actual network UI. This is obviously bypassing any billing screens. Weird! The videos obviously don't play. I get this when I try to play one:
Media Error: Video not available

Their shit is broken right now

ElRenoRaven

1: Did anybody get any type of email confirmation when you successfully setup the WWE Network order? See my post a couple pages back.

2: I'm using the PS3 app. It plays smoothly (I don't care about that FPS mess all I care is can I see it without the frequent pauses). But it is not compatible with the PS3 media remote. The normal function buttons (Play, pause, ff, etc) doesn't work. I have to resort to using the face buttons and the d-wheel. Unintuitive to say the least. I hope that gets corrected in an update.

The Xbox 360 app doesn't recognize my login at all.

Yup. I did. Got a confirmation email instantly.

And man sitting here on lunch break watching the first Monday Night Raw. I really miss the WWF. After they went WWE they just lost something. Right now I'm watching the Shawn Michaels Max Moon match for the IC title and I just love watching it. There is actual wrestling unlike now days.

Top Bottom