• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Network |OT| $9.99 PPVs, that's gonna put some butts in the seats

dream

Does that trick where you use a US address and Paypal as your payment method still work for signing up in Canada?

paile

Banned
Just checked Australian launch date, late 2014/2015.

In an age of global communications this just isn't good enough. There is no reason why this cannot launch globally at the same thing in at least some capacity.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Jealous of those who are able to watch the On Demand content. Finally got past the error message for a video (Wrestlemania V if you're wondering) and now I'm just looking at a black screen.

okayfrog

Banned
Is NXT like a WWE minor leagues? Haven't been following wrestling for years.

Yup.
WWE has NXT, before that they had FCW, and before that they had OVW (and before that I don't know). It's where they train wrestlers who will (presumably) eventually be called up to the WWE's main programs. FCW was pretty solid, but when WWE decided to axe their old NXT (a psuedo-reality wrestling program) and replace FCW with it, they spiced it up with a nicer production value and a huge training facility. NXT is handled like its own federation, 'cept occasionally people from WWE's main roster will go down there to wrestle. It kinda reminds me of WWE's earlier relationships with indie feds.

suplex

Watching King of the Ring 1998 right now, this is awesome.

Hopefully at some point they will add markers for the beginning of every match so you can easily go to any match on any show.

Can't wait till they add more old Raws and Smackdowns as well.

But even if I only watch the new PPV's this is worth the $9.99 a month.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Watching King of the Ring 1998 right now, this is awesome.

Hopefully at some point they will add markers for the beginning of every match so you can easily go to any match on any show.

Can't wait till they add more old Raws and Smackdowns as well.

But even if I only watch the new PPV's this is worth the $9.99 a month.

The PPV's that have those markers are great, I wonder why all of them don't have it.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Yup.
WWE has NXT, before that they had FCW, and before that they had OVW (and before that I don't know). It's where they train wrestlers who will (presumably) eventually be called up to the WWE's main programs. FCW was pretty solid, but when WWE decided to axe their old NXT (a psuedo-reality wrestling program) and replace FCW with it, they spiced it up with a nicer production value and a huge training facility. NXT is handled like its own federation, 'cept occasionally people from WWE's main roster will go down there to wrestle. It kinda reminds me of WWE's earlier relationships with indie feds.

Interesting. I was always hearing about OVW back in the attitude era when I used to follow it religiously. Pretty cool that those guys will start getting more exposure.

blurrygil

you guys are missing the foreigners winning.

IRON SHEIK FACK

Dat heat!! That's like, Hollywood Hogan in WCW heat. Dat debris being thrown in the ring.

edit: Andre just made dat $$$!!! (all in singles...lol) And now...CYNDI!!! <3

I'm marking out and enjoying the service. My gf is going to love seeing all of this history. She enjoys the modern stuff and watches some of the old DVD/Blurays with me from time to time. But she's been pretty excite to see some of the best hidden gems out there.

NastyBook

This shit is not working for me at all. Just gonna give it a couple of days until they even acknowledge my account. Guess I shouldn't have signed up under google or something.
Okay, yeah, whoever said to just go back to the front page just helped me out bigtime. Got my account up and running on PC at least. Now it's time to take a nap before I wake up and watch some old PPVs I was too broke and cable-less to watch when I was a kid.

joelseph

I'm going to summarize everyone's questions and answers to this:

PC is the way to go if you want the best performance currently. 360 has login issues, roku and Apple TV has buffer issues, other platforms are reporting similar issues. If you want to watch anything beyond the "live" stream switch to PC for the time being.

Top Bottom