• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Network |OT| $9.99 PPVs, that's gonna put some butts in the seats

blurrygil

I'm going to summarize everyone's questions and answers to this:

PC is the way to go if you want the best performance currently. 360 has login issues, roku and Apple TV has buffer issues, other platforms are reporting similar issues. If you want to watch anything beyond the "live" stream switch to PC for the time being.

I'll touch on the iOS having intermittent issues on streaming, but is just as solid as via the PC.

RBH

Botchamania road-tests WWE Network

iqVcqWzfBfgI1.gif

Already nuked by WWE

Re-uploaded:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WZhNCPP7eM

I'm on PS3 and it's been rough all day. I managed to get through about 20 minutes of Survivor Series '91 before it blew up and never worked again. Will try PC now.

Malo

Banned
Anyone having trouble signing in on their Xbox 360? I signed up for WWE network on my laptop and signed in fine but when I try to sign in through the WWE app on my 360 it tells me user or password unrecognized.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Interesting. I was always hearing about OVW back in the attitude era when I used to follow it religiously. Pretty cool that those guys will start getting more exposure.

NXT is basically the best-run indie production out there. And probably the best written/booked.

HHH (Yes, Hunner) and Dusty Rhodes basically do whatever they want in terms of personnel and booking with NXT. If it's any indication of what HHH will do with the main product once Vince is gone, it's a great sign of things to come.

NXT is basically the best-run indie production out there. And probably the best written/booked.

HHH (Yes, Hunner) and Dusty Rhodes basically do whatever they want in terms of personnel and booking with NXT. If it's any indication of what HHH will do with the main product once Vince is gone, it's a great sign of things to come.

But man does Bo Dallas need to put more points into his mic skills though...

I've always been a fan of Dusty's booking. I had no idea he was booking NXT. Makes me even more excited to start watching this Thursday!

This is NXT has the full Sami Zayn vs Cesaro match from last year, if you still haven't seen it yet. It's very similar to Cena vs Cesaro from Raw last week with a slow start building into Cesaro's power spots and reversals. Zayn's the next Bryan.

dream

Signed up in Canada, but the iOS app tells me I can't watch anything from my location. That's understandable, but disappointing.

styl3s

Signed up in Canada, but the iOS app tells me I can't watch anything from my location. That's understandable, but disappointing.
UnblockUS or any VPN changer should fix that, right? That's how i access Canada Netflix on my ipad/ps4.

radcliff

I signed up for the free offer but they never asked me for my billing info (I thought they would and I had to cancel before the week was up). It appears I can get into the network but I can't get any of the videos to work. When I click on My Account, it says I don't have a subscription to the network. Did I do something wrong in the sign-up process, or are they just having issues?

bigkrev

I signed up for the free offer but they never asked me for my billing info (I thought they would and I had to cancel before the week was up). It appears I can get into the network but I can't get any of the videos to work. Did I do something wrong in the sign-up process, or are they just having issues?

You didn't actually sign up. Keep trying! It took me almost 50 tries to actually sign up

That's almost useless.

Well, Smackdown and the edited Raw will be on Hulu as usual. They don't want to fuck over whoever they partner with for TV

Unfortunately, they still want buckets of money in rights fees for Raw and Smackdown as well as give cable companies the finger.

Yeah, I'm sure this will change once they sign a new deal.

Well, Smackdown and the edited Raw will be on Hulu as usual. They don't want to fuck over whoever they partner with for TV

I know, I just dont feel like paying for Hulu right now. I really wish at least the edited Hulu version was on the app too but whatever. I'm sure it'll happen sooner rather than later.

Just booted up Survivor Series '91 on the PC version and the on-demand stuff works flawlessly. I guess it's just an issue with the media devices for now.

Okay, nevermind. SS'91 on the PC stopped working after 5 minutes and shit itself back to the main page. I guess I'll just give up on this and try again tomorrow.

So after refreshing the WWE Network page every once in a while for a few hours and always getting the video error, I decided to see if it would work if I signed up for Wrestlemania rather than using the direct WWE Network sign-up page.

Yep. I was able to bind my PayPal account and everything using the link there and am now watching Hulk Hogan and Mr. T. Try it out if you're having trouble.

Ravager61

Just signed up after work and had zero problems. Currently watching Wrestlmania 1 on the live channel on the PS3. I tried a few archived videos and those were stuttering a bit but that is to be expected on launch day.

WWE really did an awesome job with this. I will be spending a lot of time watching this. Hopefully they get some of the issues ironed out quickly

markatisu

PS3 started failing on me with media errors and buffering after almost smooth all day performance, so I switched to my HTPC that is connected to the HDTV and no problems whatsoever. Whatever works but watching WM Rewind right now and loving it

Top Bottom