• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Network |OT| $9.99 PPVs, that's gonna put some butts in the seats

Everything looks better without the usual satellite and cable compression.

Does WWE broadcast in 720p or 1080p? Being sports, I'm guessing 720p.
USA Network and SyFy broadcast at 1080i. PPV is also at 1080i.

Also, their live broadcasts are 60FPS while the WWE Network streams are 30FPS. This means that the WWE network streaming is definitely inferior to watching on satellite or cable.

markatisu

Also, their live broadcasts are 60FPS while the WWE Network streams are 30FPS. This means that the WWE network streaming is definitely inferior to watching on satellite or cable.

Dude this has to be your like 10th post informing us of that, we get it its inferior but a majority of us could care less.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Wait, only two episodes of RAW from the Attitude Era available on this service at launch? WWE doesn't get it... I'll wait to subscribe until they populate the back catalog more.

That said, watching this episode from 1998 is awesome and the quality is damn good. Just give me the content and I'll be there!

Yup me either. This is a first honestly. Someone harping over the FPS of a fucking video app. I mean christ. I thought it was annoying with games but this makes that bearable.

Unfortunately I can't check because this is not available in Canada yet but FPS of streaming sports/live events is a big fucking deal. on NHL Gamecenter when you are on the 3MBPS 30FPS stream it looks like... shitty internet video. When it's able to go to the 5MBPS 60FPS stream... it looks like you're watching a live HD broadcast at the same quality you'd see on an HD cable box.

remnant

Banned
Unfortunately I can't check because this is not available in Canada yet but FPS of streaming sports/live events is a big fucking deal. on NHL Gamecenter when you are on the 3MBPS 30FPS stream it looks like... shitty internet video. When it's able to go to the 5MBPS 60FPS stream... it looks like you're watching a live HD broadcast at the same quality you'd see on an HD cable box.

I think people are willing to sacrifice that.Okay so you don't get 1080p/60FPS, on the flipside you get a shitton of content you couldn't get if this was an actual channel and the ability to watch on various devices.

#DATNEXTGEN

atomsk

Party Pooper
A friend of mine is pissed that ECW Living Dangerously 98 is missing the New Jack match where he did a balcony dive (my friend was standing behind him and was looking forward to seeing himself)

I think people are willing to sacrifice that.Okay so you don't get 1080p/60FPS, on the flipside you get a shitton of content you couldn't get if this was an actual channel and the ability to watch on various devices.

#DATNEXTGEN

It's not a decision between 60FPS or not getting it-- it's just that they should've launched with it, and if it's not there, hopefully they will get it to 60FPS soon. Maybe 30FPS is tolerable on the HD content, but I imagine it's really bad on the 480i legacy content. You're already dealing with a low resolution for all of the non-HD stuff, and now you're also cutting half of the visual information from the video as well?

Edgeward

Goddamn, anything that isnt shown on the live feed buffers like crazy or not able to launch at all. Stop hoggin up my internet guys.

strobogo

Banned
Goddamn, anything that isnt shown on the live feed buffers like crazy or not able to launch at all. Stop hoggin up my internet guys.

I haven't had a problem with that since around 2 PM. At least on IE. I can't get anything up on Chrome or Firefox still.

Edgeward

I havent tried the pc only everything else: roku, ios, ps4. I want to watch legends of wrestling roundtable and tell michael hayes to shut up :(

NoTacos

A friend of mine is pissed that ECW Living Dangerously 98 is missing the New Jack match where he did a balcony dive (my friend was standing behind him and was looking forward to seeing himself)

Didn't he recently stab another wrestler at an indy show? Dude is crazy.

RobbieNick

Same experience here. Live work great but some of the old video requires some buffering.
Still, I watched about the first hour of the 1985 "Wrestling Classic" and it worked pretty well.

So far, I'm having a good experience with it. Live works flawlessly and seeing the RAW pre-show was cool (I'm waiting for the post show now). Having so many old PPV's at my fingertips is awesome. I just wish there were more classic 80's matches and I want to have a search engine for Superstars. Also, I LOVE the idea of a streaming video service having a live schedule of shows, even if it's just stuff that's available on demand. I just love watching T.V. in an "old-school" fashion. Netflix should do this with their shows.

RobbieNick

So no RAW or Smackdown outside of post and pre shows, but we still get Main Event, Superstars and NXT? Doesn't Main event and Superstars usually recap what happened on the other shows?

Idot crowd in background acting like idiots. "Look ma! I'm on teh talkin' box!"

bigkrev

So no RAW or Smackdown outside of post and pre shows, but we still get Main Event, Superstars and NXT? Doesn't Main event and Superstars usually recap what happened on the other shows?

Idot crowd in background acting like idiots. "Look ma! I'm on teh talkin' box!"

Raw and Smackdown are on 30 day delay for the network

RobbieNick

Raw and Smackdown are on 30 day delay for the network

I hope that change when contracts get renegotiated.

Anyway, we're done with the first day of the WWE Network, for those who didn't have too many problems getting it to work, how did you like your first day?

1038.gif

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Shit, so it doesn't work well right now with all the load? Damn, I was almost about to get back into wrestling, guess not now. Thanks Obama.

strobogo

Banned
Shit, so it doesn't work well right now with all the load? Damn, I was almost about to get back into wrestling, guess not now. Thanks Obama.

It's been working fine for most people since mid after noon. Should definitely be totally fine in the next couple of days.

Adrian121

The live stream on my PS4 works perfectly, but when I try to access on demand content it takes forever and when it works it keeps buffering. I expected this though, its only the first day. Works much better on my laptop.

Top Bottom