• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Network |OT| $9.99 PPVs, that's gonna put some butts in the seats

PaulLFC

And now the app is just refusing the stream anything, this is looking more like simply a bad service instead of being hammered by a ton of people.
It has to be the latter. It was doing the same for me yesterday, then worked fine a few hours later, this morning back to stuttering every few seconds. So it can work, at times - just not very often yet.

Coins

Banned
And now the app is just refusing the stream anything, this is looking more like simply a bad service instead of being hammered by a ton of people.

Oh stop the drama. It's ran by the MLB people. They know what they are doing. It's going to take a few days to iron out the kinks.

Psykoboy2

The 30 day delay is probably in their contract with Hulu. I can't imagine USA gives much of a fuck what happens after the live broadcast.

The parent company of Hulu & USA is NBC/Universal. They are the ones who give a fuck what happens after the live broadcast cause it will lose subscribers to Hulu if this thing goes to the network right after airing live. So, my guess is that ANY deal that gets those replays closer to the live broadcast will cost the WWE a lot of money, or, if they want to avoid it altogether, might jeopardize their live broadcasts on USA (and SyFy in some sense). I think it's a rock and hard place where they find themselves with this issue.

Downhome

It blows my mind that this Hennig vs. Flair match happened BEFORE Flair vs. Vader at Starcade '93 and everything else that happened after Flair left WWF. Goes to show the differences between the production of the two companies - bright and flashy WWF vs. the darker and less glitzy WWF. This looks like it could have happened recently but Starcade '93 and other WCW in that same time period looks like it happened forever ago.

Also, when did we have a true back slide pin battle? It used to happen all the time but you rarely see that anymore.

tanuki

Do the PPVs have chapter select for different matches, or do you have to fast forward to get to the good bits?

Not that it matters, the streaming keeps breaking up for me at the moment.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It blows my mind that this Hennig vs. Flair match happened BEFORE Flair vs. Vader at Starcade '93 and everything else that happened after Flair left WWF. Goes to show the differences between the production of the two companies - bright and flashy WWF vs. the darker and less glitzy WWF. This looks like it could have happened recently but Starcade '93 and other WCW in that same time period looks like it happened forever ago.

Also, when did we have a true back slide pin battle? It used to happen all the time but you rarely see that anymore.

I love this match so much. Vince and Heenan are both SO into this match, everyone is on their feet. So good. So hyped. Two wonderful, amazing performers. RIP Perfect.

I am loving this match right now, and while you don't need to be a geyser of blood like in the late 90s, Perfect showing a bit of color makes it more intense.

Downhome

There's so much you never see anymore. All the little things. You almost never see submissions where the heels grab the ropes and really put their all into it, leading to the ref breaking it up or kicking the hand or foot, none of that. All of these tiny details that added so much to just about any match.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I am loving this match right now, and while you don't need to be a geyser of blood like in the late 90s, Perfect showing a bit of color makes it more intense.

Beautiful match. Heenan is perfect in this too. Great way to write Heenan off of WWF TV also. Vince is so good.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
do they charge you when you sign up for the trial? cause i got charged 9.99

Pending, shouldn't be a completed charge. Will go through if you don't cancel.

Oh hey next week Doink vs Typhoon
jbh5zuVLXLAPBv_e.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What is the date of the RAW where Vince literally tossed Heenan out of the company?

From the same show, Jan 25th 1993. Unless you're referring to Heenan trying to get IN to Raw, which was the first Raw ever.

All the PPV's have already been snatched from the website and uploaded on not so legit channels. Guess people are excited to replace their VHS collections with HD rips.

That weak security though.

bigkrev

Do the PPVs have chapter select for different matches, or do you have to fast forward to get to the good bits?

Not that it matters, the streaming keeps breaking up for me at the moment.

When I got Wrestlemania 29 to work, it had chapter selections
When I tried WCW Greed 2001 on the website it didn't.

So YMMV, but I think the newer ones will have chapter select

beanman25

Have Taboo Tuesday 04' on while I organize my autographs.

What show from the 80s should I make sure to watch today? I'm not super savvy on stuff pre 90s having been born in 91.

jmdajr

All the PPV's have already been snatched from the website and uploaded on not so legit channels. Guess people are excited to replace their VHS collections with HD rips.

Meh. Not so legit channels are not reliable. I percentage of people will never pay for stuff like this. Ever.

But you can always convert folks if you offer them a good deal.

ElRenoRaven

It's inevitable. You're going to always have those who want something for nothing. As long as they treat us paying customers right then they'll be fine. I'm in heaven right now. Watching November to Remember 1997. Currently watching Sandman and Sabu go at it. God I miss ECW more now. To me all of the content they have even right now is worth the money.

Hasney

Was kind of hoping that Stephanie was about to thank us for being an early subscriber by showing us some skin there.

Right, fuck Superstars. Time to hit up some ECW.

witness

Its really shit the bed for me now the last half hour, streaming through chrome, won't run for more than 5 seconds.

Edit: of course its fine now that I complained! Time for Hogan vs HBK Summerslam 2005 BROTHER

Hasney

Working fine again after closing the PS4 app from the options menu and starting it again. Might be a memory leak somewhere.

Also, never seen ECW while it was Eastern Championship Wrestling. LOL at that intro.

BFIB

Working fine again after closing the PS4 app from the options menu and starting it again. Might be a memory leak somewhere.

Also, never seen ECW while it was Eastern Championship Wrestling. LOL at that intro.

When Shane Douglas trashes the NWA Title, and rechristens it the ECW heavyweight title, goosebumps man!

Hasney

When Shane Douglas trashes the NWA Title, and rechristens it the ECW heavyweight title, goosebumps man!

Yeah, can't wait until that comes on.

Now I've had a promo from the "Rockin' Rebel" and a Sandman actually wrestling. This is awful, I hope the Snuka/Funk main event is great. I just can't wait for some EXTREME Championship Wrestling TV.

okayfrog

Banned
Messed around with the WWE Network last night, and it is pretty dang neat. There's not a lot on there apart from the PPVs, but seeing as how they're airing weekly shows here or there and then putting them On Demand, it'll probably fill up quickly. That being said, it's the minor things that got me to quit Netflix and it's the minor things that would make me quit the WWE Network I'm sure. Stuff like New Jack's music being edited out, crowd reactions being changed, commentary being changed, and the lack of desire to put on the Network more obscure stuff that only WWE would have access to.

Branson

I miss ECW man. It was the right type of extreme. Not that czw stuff. There's just something different about it that you respected more. The fans enthusiasm helped too.

markatisu

Watching Summerslam 88 now, I forgot how out of nowhere Ultimate Warrior came and squashed Honkey Tonk Man

I had a tiny buffering issue watching the Legends Outlaws special but since then no issues whatsoever

Kaladin

Damn I completely missed that.

Especially the era when Gabe Sapolsky was booking, since he was a protege of Paul Heyman and while the promotion wasn't always extreme, they always booked what the fans wanted to see.

After 2008 though, he left the company and they got bought out by a TV station and now it's kind of just another good indie with a long history behind it. Nothing bad about the current product, but it's not 2002 - 2008 where it was rare that a show was not worth the $15 - $20 you'd drop on a DVD.

Top Bottom