• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Network |OT| $9.99 PPVs, that's gonna put some butts in the seats

Downhome

Wow, I'm having problems on the website for the first time. As soon as I go to the live stream it now says "Media Error: Video not available". It doesn't try to load, doesn't try to do anything at all.

geomon

WWE Network tweets today:

WWE Network ‏@WWENetwork 23m
We are currently experiencing technical issues with @WWENetwork’s video-on-demand library affecting 20% of viewers. (1/2)

Working with MLBAM, we expect to have this issue fully resolved by 6 p.m. tonight. (2/2)

PaulLFC

WWE wants to make more money. They had an exclusive window with NBC Universal (USA network, Syfy) already expire because NBC wasn't willing to pay what WWE wanted. So they are now on the open market. If they don't manage to find a better deal, it will be brutal to their stock price (which is at a all time high right now because WWE promised a huge increase in TV revenue).

If they want to simulcast the show on the network, it is going to cost them lots of money in negotiations. If i'm a TV company, I'm going to negotiate assuming that every single subscriber to the network will watch on the Network instead of on broadcast. WWE, while it does not get good ad rates, does draw good numbers, which has allowed USA to claim they are the #1 channel on cable. If the raitings go down, the value of the WWE contract drops signficantly- it already does poor ad rates, and history has shown that wrestling fans normally don't stick around after the show ends (Early Seasons of TUF are the rare exception).

If I'm a TV exec, I not only don't want the programming on the network, I probably don't want it on Hulu!
I'm surprised it does poor ad rates, I thought ad deals were the main reason they'd gone PG these last years?

I watched all of that classic wrestling review podcast on youtube last week just before WWE started putting up copyright claims. It really made me want to watch some more WWE

I'm surprised it does poor ad rates, I thought ad deals were the main reason they'd gone PG these last years?

Sponsorships like the National Guard are the main reason they've gone PG. Ad rates are just due to wrestling generally always being viewed as having low-income fans compared to other athletic endeavors.

GQman2121

Banned
I watched all of that classic wrestling review podcast on youtube last week just before WWE started putting up copyright claims. It really made me want to watch some more WWE

I've consumed more wrestling in the last 48 hours than I have in the last few years. It's just too bad the network is still struggling to connect for me.

Vylash

We are currently experiencing technical issues with @WWENetwork’s video-on-demand library affecting 20% of viewers. (1/2)

Working with MLBAM, we expect to have this issue fully resolved by 6 p.m. tonight. (2/2)

Let's hope, I had to fight for about 3 hours to get the latest NXT to work

PaulLFC

Sponsorships like the National Guard are the main reason they've gone PG. Ad rates are just due to wrestling generally always being viewed as having low-income fans compared to other athletic endeavors.
Thanks, I didn't realise that, makes sense.

I was just thinking the other day, it seems like not many of their current PPVs are introduced as "WWE and ____ present _____" etc - back in the Attitude era it seemed like every PPV had a sponsor.

It must work out for them though I guess, otherwise they'd change things.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Just had no issues on iOS with pulling a previous PPV event. Happy now.

witness

Yeah its been down for me for since 1:30ish I'd say.

Into

The moment WWF changed course and the Austin character took off:

TIfMbUA.jpg

geomon

Watched "This is NXT". That Cesaro/Sammy Zane match. HOLY SHIT!

If you're not a regular watcher of NXT, now's your chance to keep up because there's some really good wrestling on there for a 60 minute show. I personally can't wait to see Arrival, live on the network.

blurrygil

Without commercials Raw is only 2:15h including overrun, so you're only missing filler and shilling of various WWE stuff by the announcers. the important stuff is all there.

You miss some matches and moments, too. Albeit it a lame moment, they cut out the NAOs trying to mess with Betty White from weeks past. I had to watch an ep of ME or SD to see that they even had that spot; let alone it being just a dinky recap. So stuff liek that is disappointing.

And yeah, I like trying to catch the rare Divas match on RAW. I mean, those are the top angles for the division, right? I really like the NXT angles, but a little variety via RAW doesn't hurt.

All in all, I don't really like the 90 min versions. I like some editing down, but not as much as they do with it now.

Anyone found a solution for 'Media Error: Video not available' yet? :/

jhc, I'm sorry but please read up on the thread. Sub and follow up. This has been asked nonstop for over the past 24 hrs in this and the WrassleGAF thread.

No offense to you, specifically. Perhaps it would be nice to place an up-to-date FAQ in the OP. I'm just tired of seeing these posts repeating each and every page. :-/

Sorry to those still having trouble, though.

They don't have to blur the logos anymore.

Not challenging you...but source?

No offense to you, specifically. Perhaps it would be nice to place an up-to-date FAQ in the OP. I'm just tired of seeing these posts repeating each and every page. :-/

Not challenging you...but source?

Deal with it. /batista

And they settled with the WWFund and paid them so they wouldn't have to do it anymore, specifically for the Network.

iMax

jhc, I'm sorry but please read up on the thread. Sub and follow up. This has been asked nonstop for over the past 24 hrs in this and the WrassleGAF thread.

Yeah, don't worry I did! I'm just totally desperate to watch this damn thing! :/

Rapstah

I never noticed. Thanks!

Sooooooooooooo lttp... >_>

They still won't admit they were ever called the World Wrestling Federation on TV because of brand identity. They may actually not be allowed to admit they were ever called the WWF (the initialism) depending on what kind of a deal they made with the WWFN.

iMax

Speaking of issues... I bought EC online in advance. Tried to watch it today but the site just redirects to the WWE Network! Have I been mugged off?!

Rapstah

Speaking of issues... I bought EC online in advance. Tried to watch it today but the site just redirects to the WWE Network! Have I been mugged off?!

If you pre-ordered the PPV and not the replay then you pre-ordered the right to watch it live.

Lothar

Banned
How bad is the theme music altering?

Can anyone tell me if Alex Wright, Jericho's heel WCW, Rey Mysterio in WCW, and Dean Malenko themes are left in tact?

I'm annoyed easily when it comes to changes. Entrances are important and it's really weird when guys come out to different music. The way they walk and move is off with the rhythm.

geomon

Can anyone tell me if Alex Wright, Jericho's heel WCW, Rey Mysterio in WCW, and Dean Malenko themes are left in tact?

I'm annoyed easily when it comes to changes. Entrances are important and it's really weird when guys come out to different music. The way they walk and move is off with the rhythm.

I don't know about WCW themes but I was told (I haven't checked this myself yet because I can't get the video to work) but some themes like Undertaker's Kid Rock theme have been restored when previously they were replaced with generic music. So that's a good sign.

Rapstah

When I bought it, the website said I could watch it live or on-demand for thirty days!

That's odd. In any case, ppv.wwe.com seems to have stopped offering PPV re-plays. I couldn't watch Elimination Chamber on there and the Network doesn't even have a launch date where I live.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Alex Wright is 100% pristine. I fucking love Alex Wright.

iMax

If you pre-ordered the PPV and not the replay then you pre-ordered the right to watch it live.

You only bought it live, not on demand

Just checked, even their website says you have 30 days to start watching. This sounds very, very illegal to me. Their support teams have instructed me to wait until it appears on WWE Network (seriously?). Sounds like I'm going to have to get my bank to reverse the charge.

Top Bottom