• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Network |OT| $9.99 PPVs, that's gonna put some butts in the seats

tm24

Man, why aren't all the legends of wrestling roundtables up? Those things are awesome and i wish WWE would make new ones

Penguin

Man, why aren't all the legends of wrestling roundtables up? Those things are awesome and i wish WWE would make new ones

1)Wouldn't be the same without JR :(

2)Listening to all the wrestling podcasts... there's so many interesting stories that just don't get aired any other way

3)This generation will be so boring in 10-15 years... "We were on our tour bus and played video games!"

evil ways

Only the live feed works great, the rest just stalls, pauses, continues then pauses again until it finallly kicks you out to the PPVs main screen.

Already tried 3 different PPVs and all did the same. WWE better be working on a fix.

joelseph

Only the live feed works great, the rest just stalls, pauses, continues then pauses again until it finallly kicks you out to the PPVs main screen.

Already tried 3 different PPVs and all did the same. WWE better be working on a fix.

They are.

The service is new.

Let us be grateful that we get a quality live stream while we wait patiently for all the kinks to be worked out.

Penguin

Its sad that JR is still making the same point about wrestlers being comfortable in their current role. Two/three years later.

No one wants to "go into business for themselves"

bigkrev

I'm surprised it does poor ad rates, I thought ad deals were the main reason they'd gone PG these last years?

The main reason they went PG was so they could get a toy deal with Mattel (way better placement than Jakks who they used to use), get a big deal with K-mart, and get a National Guard sponsorship.

Advertisers think (in most cases, rightfully so IMO) that wrestling fans are stupid/low income. Watch the ads that play on Raw, and then flip over to a channel like TNT or TBS (lower rated networks than USA, and whatever they are showing probably isn't beating Raw) and see whats being advertised there.

Jamie OD

I remembered something about ECW Hardcore TV that I wonder will appear on the Network. The ECW Pulp Fiction promos. Every now and then usually before a PPV or major show ECW would air a long highlight package of promos and angles with Miserlou playing on loop. One of those videos even appeared unaltered as an easter egg on The Rise & Fall Of ECW DVD. They are awesome video clips if you can find them (still on Youtube from what I can see) and it would be great if they are included on the Network versions, even if Miserlou is dubbed out.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
This is actually when Austin took off:

04.png

Yep.

His rise began with KotR 1996, but his feud with Bret Hart, culminating in the no DQ submission match at Wrestlemania 13, that's what caused him to take off.

bigkrev

Also, I think changing the title of the thread to WWE Network- 10 bucks/6 month commitment, all WCW/ECW/WWE PPVS Raw 30 day delay or something would cut down the posts in the thread by half

Can someone explain, in laymans terms, how the subscription works? Do I pay 60 bucks up front or is there some other way they enforce the 6 month commitment?

Can someone explain, in laymans terms, how the subscription works? Do I pay 60 bucks up front or is there some other way they enforce the 6 month commitment?

Think of it like a cellphone contract. It's 9.99 a month but if you cancel before the end you will pay the price and be held to term.

Hex

Banned
Why is it through out this thread there are so many people that sound like they are looking for ways to rip off and exploit this?
It is a bit pathetic really.

keeps stopping and starting and crapping out damn it just as id found a new love in bailey from nxt

Yeah got kicked out of what I was watching after so many laggy stutters.

I am on a 90/10 connection and my speedtest over wireless right now is at 82.06 mbps down, 11.66 mbps up and that is over wireless.
My PS4 is hardwired so it will have an even better more stable connection.

Aku-Audi

I'm already hooked on this network. It's a bit clunky and fragile fresh out of the gate, but god damn there is just so many memories and great old ppv's to check out already.

Gonna just track down every La Parka match currently available on the network.

NoTacos

Service was running slow again this morning so I ended up loading the live stream, leaving my ps4 on, but turning off the screen. Hopefully something good is on after I get back from the comic shop.

NoTacos

Thank you sir. Although I disagree with your no taco policy.
So do I.

Username actually comes from my senID/PSN. People kept reading it wrong so I shortened it to reflect their phonetic pronunciation.

i hope you're not trolling ...
I'm actually about to go after my next class lets out. Have a months worth of reading in my pull list and I didn't want to miss out on anything else on the network if it has trouble loading later.

notworksafe

Live feed works great for me, but I can't get archives to play for shit on any browser or console.

I know it's not my internet speeds. 30 down / 5 up isn't amazing but it should be fine to play some streaming videos off the internet.

Any tips to make this thing work or is it just a wait and see sort of deal?

ECW was awesome as fuck, but its a total relic of the 90's. Its grimy atmosphere, grungy Nirvana gimmicks, 2 Pac gimmicks and heavy metal theme and tv filter make ECW reek of 90's. Not that its a bad thing at all, hell I am an ECW mark. I wonder how people growing up now will view ECW. I was like 10 when I first saw it and it blew my mind.

eggybob

Unconfirmed Member
I have watched only one show (This is NXT), everything else gives me the Media Error: Video not available notification.

Is this usual. (I've been trying for the last 2 hours!)

iMax

I have watched only one show (This is NXT), everything else gives me the Media Error: Video not available notification.

Is this usual. (I've been trying for the last 2 hours!)

Yeah, same here. Every so often it lets me watch something but then it just kicks back out.

Live feed works great for me, but I can't get archives to play for shit on any browser or console.

I know it's not my internet speeds. 30 down / 5 up isn't amazing but it should be fine to play some streaming videos off the internet.

Any tips to make this thing work or is it just a wait and see sort of deal?

Noticing the same thing on my phone. Live feed works great but the archives are struggling.

Can't log in at all with the Xbox app. Keeps giving me User Or Password unrecognized though I've double checked them both. Shouldn't be much delay in activation right?

tekumseh

a mass of phermones, hormones and adrenaline just waiting to explode
I've had similar results with the PS3 app that others have had; live feed good, on demand feed awful with significant buffering or no video available, but with the 360 app, I can't even log in. Says password or username are incorrect, but neither are...

WCW at least had a golden period, ECW was nothing but trash from start to finish

wut? It was fucking awesome from 95-98. Started to decline in 99-2000 once Raven, Sandman, Taz and Sabu left. RVD was injured and they had a lack of stars. I mean Steve Corino was the main heel for a time. I didn't really dig 2000 era ECW, it started to become a bit more mainstream.

Deadstar

Does anyone remember what show was on yesterday that talked about Golddust' character and Roddy Piper? I can't seem to find it.

Top Bottom