• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Network |OT| $9.99 PPVs, that's gonna put some butts in the seats

strobogo

Banned
Live stuff should eventually be completely random TV episodes and PPVs when not showing their scheduled shows. I think that's what every one really wants.

pa22word

2 years before actually, he came back and started a one year feud with Cena that killed Miz's title run and cultivated in an awful match at Mania, so the next year they gave the Rumble to Cena and the title to Rock so they could have an even more awful rematch for the title

Did cena go over rock both times? I like the rock, but he's always only been as goodbin the ring as who he was facing, which in the attitude era wasnt a problem for obvious reasons, but now...:x

Cena and rock just doesn't sound appealing at all. While the rock can put on an entertaining match, I don't see cena picking up enough of the slack to make it anything other than a snoozefest unless he drastically improved since I last saw him (07/08ish).

Rock going over Punk was not a problem. Punk got some great mileage out of that program, despite the forgone conclusion and went on to an Undertaker program and Rock went on to put over Cena at WM.

The Batista situation is different. The WWE seems to know they will have a heel/heel main event and that is very unusual for any PPV, let alone WM.

Yeah, it seems with punk taking off it kind of put them into a bad spot with the booking.

Dante316

It seems the ps4 app needs the update. On ps3, I could skip match to match and finishes with R1 and L1. I don't see the option on ps4.

strobogo

Banned
Did cena go over rock both times? I like the rock, but he's always only been as goodbin the ring as who he was facing, which in the attitude era wasnt a problem for obvious reasons, but now...:x

Cena and rock just doesn't sound appealing at all. While the rock can put on an entertaining match, I don't see cena picking up enough of the slack to make it anything other than a snoozefest unless he drastically improved since I last saw him (07/08ish).

Yeah, it seems with punk taking off it kind of put them into a bad spot with the booking.

Rock won the first match, Cena won the second. They were both bad matches both in terms of structure (especially the second one, which was indie level finisher spam) and Rock being completely gassed a few minutes in to half hour matches. The first one was supposed to be the start of an angle where Cena was having the worst year of his life because he lost to Rock and got a divorce, then immediately beat Brock Lesnar and won superstar of the year.

Not sure if anyone else is having this problem, but on my roku player, over half the PPVs wouldn't show up. I thought maybe it was just a bug, so I googled. Apparently you have to go to the website, turn on parental controls, then turn them back off and it should show all the PPVs then Just worked for me.

pa22word

Oh and one thing I think is going to be great for wwe with the network is it's going to draw back in a lot of the older fans that have lost interest and the newer fans who started watching and get them all together in one place. Like me, I haven't watched an episode of raw in over 6 years but I jumped on this for the old attitude era and wcw stuff, and now im watching some of the new stuff in the interim on the live feed as I wait on more attitude era stuff, and...well...it's sort of growing on me >.>

I mean yeah, it's nowhere near as good as it was even during the precena reign brand split era, but it's not unwatchable like I thought it would be based on what i've heard. I mean don't get me wrong, there's no way in hell id buy a ppv of this, but if it comes with the access to all the attitude era and golden age stuff then I can easily see my self taking the time to watch it and catching the tv replays, even if it is pretty mediocre.

Now, if they'd only iron out those damned on demand problems...

Re-watching Shawn-Taker from WM 25. If that match isn't perfect, I don't know what is. Other than Taker almost getting paralyzed, the announcing, the crowd, the story, the presentation, and the actual match itself are just world class. Shame we'll probably never see a match that great out of Taker again.

markatisu

It's ridiculous with the amount of content they have on this network that they are showing the same shows 3-4 times a day on the live feed.

Looks like tomorrow will be a more normal type of schedule

Thursday 2/27
* 12am EST - Royal Rumble 2013
* 3am EST - Legends of Wrestling - Renegades
* 4:30am EST - WrestleMania Rewind - WrestleMania I
* 5:30am EST - RAW Backstage Pass - 2/23/2014
* 6am EST - Old School - 10/21/1984 MSG event
* 8:30am EST - RAW Flashback - 2/21/1993
* 9:30am EST - RAW Flashback - 2/28/1993
* 10:30am EST - WWE Countdown - Catchphrases
* 11:30am EST - Beyond The Ring - Shawn Michaels & Bret Hart
* 1:30pm EST - Royal Rumble 2013
* 4:30pm EST - Best of RAW - 9/27/1998
* 6:30pm EST - WWE Main Event Replay - 2/25/2014
* 7:30pm EST - WWE NXT Arrival Pre-show
* 8pm EST - WWE NXT Arrival Live
* 10pm EST - WWE Superstars - 2/26/2014
* 11pm EST - WWE NXT Arrival replay

bigkrev

So I watched Over the Edge 99 and the Rumble match from 03 today

The editing to Over the Edge was jarring, and the giant blood splotch was ever present as well. The whole show was strange- and the finish of the main event, which was Shane fast counting to steal the title from Austin, probably should have been saved for Raw the next night because they were never going to show a replay of this.

If people thought this years rumble was bad, They need to watch the 2003 version. There were 4 guys who seemed to have any sort of chance- Jericho, Booker T, Taker and Lesnar, and for the most part was filled with jobber after jobber after jobber.

NoTacos

As someone who bailed on wwe during cena's big run, mind giving me the rundown on why? I thought the rock came back a year before that match?

Rock was barely back. He made appearances on raw every 3 weeks, just about, and when he couldn't make it to the live show, he pre-recorded promos from his house. Basically he was used to hype up Wrestlemania by winning the title then dropping it to Cena 6 weeks later, never competing on raw or smackdown in the meantime. Punk was basically their built up champion for disposal to the Rock, which is smart for the short term but horrible for the long term.

The big problem here is WWE is willing to put over part timers like brock, rock, and batista, who will only work for the company for 2-3 years part time, in main events as well as title matches instead of guys who work their asses of full time on the main roster.

The big problem here is WWE is willing to put over part timers like brock, rock, and batista, who will only work for the company for 2-3 tears part time, in main events as well as title matches instead of guys who work their asses of full time on the main roster.

Trust me, there are way more tears than that.

geomon

The big problem here is WWE is willing to put over part timers like brock, rock, and batista, who will only work for the company for 2-3 tears part time, in main events as well as title matches instead of guys who work their asses of full time on the main roster.

Brock isn't sucking up the main event spot though.

NoTacos

Brock isn't sucking up the main event spot though.

If they continue to push this "Brock is the TRUE #1 contender" story line, eventually he will. Kinda sucks that he's being pushed to work with Undertaker when Taker specially recommended/asked for Bryan, but as long as Taker whoops dat ass its okay.

If they continue to push this "Brock is the TRUE #1 contender" story line, eventually he will. Kinda sucks that he's being pushed to work with Undertaker when Taker specially recommended/asked for Bryan, but as long as Taker whoops dat ass its okay.
lol dirtsheets. Taker never did that.

Brock should be the #1 contender. He's the only person that looks like he's trying to hurt and intimidate people, so he's the best wrestler in the company today. All of his matches and feuds are as perfect as he can make them.

geomon

I believe Brock's current contract is up after Wrestlemania.

I've forgotten how much I miss the completely goofyass way Nick Patrick counts. That's worth the price of the WWE Network alone.
ipjY9JX97U8Vj.gif

steveovig

I haven't had a chance to check my own luck but what has the general consensus been on VOD stuff today? Is everything still buffering and pausing every 5 seconds?

Edgeward

We are doing maintenance in order to deliver you a better experience when playing video on demand. During this process, you may experience errors when trying to watch video on demand over the next few hours. We expect this to be resolved by tomorrow morning. The live “OnNow” channel will not be effected. We invite you to enjoy watching video on demand on other devices including desktops, laptops, tablets or mobile phones.

Just got this in my inbox

pa22word

Rock was barely back. He made appearances on raw every 3 weeks, just about, and when he couldn't make it to the live show, he pre-recorded promos from his house. Basically he was used to hype up Wrestlemania by winning the title then dropping it to Cena 6 weeks later, never competing on raw or smackdown in the meantime. Punk was basically their built up champion for disposal to the Rock, which is smart for the short term but horrible for the long term.

The big problem here is WWE is willing to put over part timers like brock, rock, and batista, who will only work for the company for 2-3 years part time, in main events as well as title matches instead of guys who work their asses of full time on the main roster.

Yeah, but honestly does wwe have the talent right now to carry them in the long term? Based on what ive seen of the modern stuff, a lot of these guys getting title shots and even holding the title would have been mid carders at best in the attitude era up to about 2005. I understand the need to build new talent, but wwe has gotta do what they got to do in order to survive atm. At the same time though, wwe has been doing this forever and it has def bit them in the ass now because all those guys who had real potential back during the early 2000s-mid 2000s that they burried for the top guys like brock and batista (who didn't stick around) could have been top guys for them now, so idk. While I agree that they should be pushing their internal day tobday talent, I think the situation is more complicated than just "they should push those guys over the part timers no matter what".

I remember a few years back Dana White and Vince were having some sort of big talk about something revolutionary happening.. i wonder if it had to due with this network...i cant remember where i heard it from but im pretty sure it was real because dana said he discussed it but wouldn't talk about it publically.

pa22word

Oh and hey is cena umaga rr '07 LMS worth watching? The match looks like it's going to be like 20 mins long, so ill just skip it for the rr match itself if it's bleh.

NoTacos

Yeah, but honestly does wwe have the talent right now to carry them in the long term? Based on what ive seen of the modern stuff, a lot of these guys getting title shots and even holding the title would have been mid carders at best in the attitude era up to about 2005. I understand the need to build new talent, but wwe has gotta do what they got to do in order to survive atm. At the same time though, wwe has been doing this forever and it has def bit them in the ass now because all those guys who had real potential back during the early 2000s-mid 2000s that they burried for the top guys like brock and batista (who didn't stick around) could have been top guys for them now, so idk. While I agree that they should be pushing their internal day tobday talent, I think the situation is more complicated than just "they should push those guys over the part timers no matter what".
The roster is full of talent, but part of the equation is upper management trusting them to show it in the ring. Do you really think all Fandango/Johnny Curtis can do is dance around the ring and do a big leg drop off the top rope? I do agree that past decisions have put them in a tough position however.

Honestly NXT is the best thing they have going talent-development wise, but it'll be a little while before most of that talent transitions over. Give us more Cesaro in the meantime.

okayfrog

Banned
Oh man, I need to watch some of those Hog Wild PPVs.

Watching last week's NXT at the moment. Not sure if this was there day one. OH, and it's working on the PS3 now, which is great because I'm hyped for Arrival tomorrow.

strobogo

Banned
I miss those Sturgis PPV's. I wish they would go back there one day.

Those shows were free. Which means WCW would have all the expenses of a PPV plus big money for celebs like Dennis Rodman or Jay Leno, but without having a live gate to off set any costs.

Oh and hey is cena umaga rr '07 LMS worth watching? The match looks like it's going to be like 20 mins long, so ill just skip it for the rr match itself if it's bleh.

Absolutely watch it. One of Cena's best matches.

Downhome

I just got this email from WWE...

We are doing maintenance in order to deliver you a better experience when playing video on demand. During this process, you may experience errors when trying to watch video on demand over the next few hours. We expect this to be resolved by tomorrow morning. The live “OnNow” channel will not be effected. We invite you to enjoy watching video on demand on other devices including desktops, laptops, tablets or mobile phones.

Because he's wrestling Brock Lesnar.

It's fun to make up things and throw them out there and hope you get it right, but I'm not going to give dirtsheet people the benefit of the doubt since their livelihood is based on getting attention.
If you're lumping Dave Meltzer and/or Wade Keller in there (nobody says "dirt sheets" anymore) then you are spectacularly wrong.

I'm having my first problem free night. Watched a few ppvs and the first Smackdown with no buffering, no issues at all, on PS4. Just needs chapter points and resume technology, otherwise I'm very happy.

strobogo

Banned
I can't even log on to the 360 app. It says my login is invalid. I don't care that much since my TV and PC are connected anyway, but I thought I'd see what it looked like and couldn't even get in.

NoTacos

Wow. The conclusion to Survivor Series '97 straight cuts off after Michaels walks off with the title. No credits/closing video package at all.

If anyone saw this on ppv live when it happened, did they cut the feed the exact same way or did they show Bret raging afterwards?

Top Bottom