• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Network |OT| $9.99 PPVs, that's gonna put some butts in the seats

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Watched Bash at the Beach 96 last night with zero issues on the PS4
Also watched Survivor Series 96 since I went to that live when I was like 13

Cliffs
-Big Bossman vs Earthquake in a sock on a pole match
-I forgot who the hell The Stalker was. I know Barry Windham, but a gimmick called The Stalker? LULZ
-doug furnas and phil lafon. I totally forgot about those guys. They were actually pretty good and now I remember their small ECW stint.
-Phil Lafon's reverse top rope suplex- You would never see a move like that in current WWE
-Rey Mysterio vs Psycosis. Nice to see Rey in a lucha match. WWE style just doesn't work for him

There is so much content here that I don't know where to begin.

Psycosis is so good.

strobogo

Banned
Watched Bash at the Beach 96 last night with zero issues on the PS4
Also watched Survivor Series 96 since I went to that live when I was like 13

Cliffs
-Big Bossman vs Earthquake in a sock on a pole match
-I forgot who the hell The Stalker was. I know Barry Windham, but a gimmick called The Stalker? LULZ
-doug furnas and phil lafon. I totally forgot about those guys. They were actually pretty good and now I remember their small ECW stint.
-Phil Lafon's reverse top rope suplex- You would never see a move like that in current WWE
-Rey Mysterio vs Psycosis. Nice to see Rey in a lucha match. WWE style just doesn't work for him

There is so much content here that I don't know where to begin.

The Stalker was supposed to be more of an actual gimmick, but then it got dropped to an out of shape Barry Windham wearing cameo and face paint. Same idea as the Widowmaker in 1989.

PaulLFC

I really hope after the launch stabilises they work on getting a consistent experience across all devices. I didn't catch Raw Backstage Pass and decided I'd like to watch it. Here's what I found, on PC, PS3 and PS4:

- Is it in on demand, maybe in the Raw section or ideally its own Raw Backstage Pass section? No, doesn't seem to be.
- Okay, it's in the schedule as it was on earlier today. Try to watch it on PS4 "This programme has not aired yet (yes it has!), it will be available after it premieres". Same on PS3
- On PC I can watch it by searching for "Backstage Pass" which seems to be the only way to get it to work.
- Okay, maybe I can do that on PS3. Nope - "Backstage Pass" isn't one of the app's recognised search terms, so it refuses to search for it.

On an unrelated note, Raw episode 5 is available via search, but not in the on demand section.

Quite frustrating, hopefully the on demand experience improves a bit soon.

ECW Hardcore TV airing at 3am Eastern in the morning on the live feed just like it used to is a neat bit of scheduling.

Thats fucking awesome actually.

It would be awesome if they aired the old RAWS and Nitro at the same time at 8/9 EST on Monday Nights

I just want to sit in all weekend and just watch some wrasslin. This is great. Gonna dig into some New Generation and WCW. Than get into the Invasion era - 2004 because thats when I didn't keep up as much, but the roster was stacked as fuck so I gotta get with it.

Attitude era is still fresh in my mind and I don't give a fuck about 2005-Current (Even though I started watching RAW again)

Than im gonna play some Fire Pro Returns lol

Deadstar

I keep missing the Goldust content that talks about his fight in the backlot. Does anyone by chance remember the name of the content this is part of? It appears that you can view past "live" shows but I can't seem to find it. I was watching it last night then my internet went out lol.

krae_man

I kind of miss fat old Earl Hebner being so tired from all the two counts in an epic match it would take him forever to get in position and count the final 3.

I watched Wrestlemania 4 last night. The last match with Dibiase and Macho Man was pretty good but most of the matches were terrible. There's something about that late 80s WWF vibe though that I love.

I think I'm going to continue my quest to watch all the Wrestlmania's in order.

For some reason on PS 3 and 4 I couldn't select WrestleMania I through IV. Dunno if it was freezing up or if they were locked/not available or what.

pa22word

So how does the schedule work? Last night I tried to tune in and catch the live rerun if rr '13 @ 11:30 est but when I tuned in they were airing the punk/rock main event? Did it just run over or what? Just curious because I dont want to miss the nxt show tonight.

Ravager61

For some reason on PS 3 and 4 I couldn't select WrestleMania I through IV. Dunno if it was freezing up or if they were locked/not available or what.

Hmm. I definitely watched all of WM 4 on my PS3 last night. Seems to be working fine for me. Maybe delete the app and try reinstalling it?

pa22word

Watching that nxt catch up thing atm and wow that 2/3 falls match was awesome. If nxt matches are this quality consistently then wwe network will be worth it for this alone. It was like jumping through a portal into wwe yesteryear when wrestling actually mattered! Great stuff.

So how does the schedule work? Last night I tried to tune in and catch the live rerun if rr '13 @ 11:30 est but when I tuned in they were airing the punk/rock main event? Did it just run over or what? Just curious because I dont want to miss the nxt show tonight.

Even if you come into it late, there's a start from beginning option.

Watching that nxt catch up thing atm and wow that 2/3 falls match was awesome. If nxt matches are this quality consistently then wwe network will be worth it for this alone. It was like jumping through a portal into wwe yesteryear when wrestling actually mattered! Great stuff.

NXT is mostly really good. Except when Alex Riley is on commentary.

styl3s

A lot of people are going to be disappointed if they go in thinking NXT is full of those kind of matches every single show.

NXT is great and the in-ring stuff is always enjoyable but it's not always redlining.

pa22word

Like right now it says best of raw is supposed to be airing but the royal rumble is still going. I mean come the fuck on wwe, this is your own preaired shit!

Hasney

This Lawler/Dreamer match is way overbooked. Barely Legal was a tough act to follow, but Hardcore Heaven doesn't even come close.

Penguin

Just finished the Doomsday Cage match/Uncensored 96

Overblown, overbooked and just terrible for fans at home and in the arena. I miss WCW :(

NastyBook

Was watching the rotation stream when the Royal Rumble 13 was on, just in time to see Cena win. Granted that lame was enough, but what happened afterwards has left me traumatized. Dude's almost to the entrance to the back area when he does one more stupid pose that has his whole ass jiggle. Turned it off right there. I'm struggling to keep my Publix Orange Glazed chicken down...

Kaladin

Was watching the rotation stream when the Royal Rumble 13 was on, just in time to see Cena win. Granted that lame was enough, but what happened afterwards has left me traumatized. Dude's almost to the entrance to the back area when he does one more stupid pose that has his whole ass jiggle. Turned it off right there. I'm struggling to keep my Publix Orange Glazed chicken down...

I'm sorry.

tumblr_mhhni4mGRp1qh02bxo1_400.gif

Rapstah

Looking at the reaction CM Punk got at Royal Rumble 2013 compared to what he got at Royal Rumble 2014 I can kind of see why he quit.

Hmm. I definitely watched all of WM 4 on my PS 3 last night. Seems to be working fine for me. Maybe delete the app and try reinstalling it?

Deleted, re-installed, same. I saw one other tweet from someone with the same issue -- can't select 1 through 4. Weird. I can watch it on my computer without issue though.

Edit: I see there's a support Twitter for this, and asked them. Thanks!

pa22word

Looking at the reaction CM Punk got at Royal Rumble 2013 compared to what he got at Royal Rumble 2014 I can kind of see why he quit.
Speaking of which, has wwe put up a time table on when we're to expect new ppvs to show up on demand? It'd be nice if they showed up before the next ppv streams on the network, but who knows if wwe is going to do that.

I mean i'd like to watch rr '14 before they stream their feb ppv just for the sake of being informed.

geomon

Out of morbid curiosity I went back and watched the main event of WCW Sin '01 (it was horrid shit) just so I could watch Sid Vicious' leg snap completely in half again. Finally I get to the moment of truth and....it's cut. :-(

Kaladin

Out of morbid curiosity I went back and watched the main event of WCW Sin '01 (it was a horrid shit) just so I could watch Sid Vicious' leg snap completely in half again. Finally I get to the moment of truth and....it's cut. :-(

Unscensored my ass!!!
It was probably cut from the tapes they got from WCW, not by them.

KissVibes

Banned
Hotter match, hotter crowd, it all just makes him come across as so much of a bigger star.

Yeah, and I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that crowds aren't THAT stupid. They knew how that night was going to pan out, which is why they hoped and prayed for Bryan to be in the Rumble.

somedevil

Out of morbid curiosity I went back and watched the main event of WCW Sin '01 (it was a horrid shit) just so I could watch Sid Vicious' leg snap completely in half again. Finally I get to the moment of truth and....it's cut. :-(

It was never seen on the pay per view. They missed it because they cut to a scene in the back to show a mystery man showing up.

They replayed it on the next night nitro multiple times the next day.

geomon

It was never seen on the pay per view. They missed it because they cut to a scene in the back to show a mystery man showing up.

They replayed it on the next night nitro multiple times the next day.
Oh it was seen. I will never forget that. He comes off the top rope and snap, dangle, close up, hurry up pull back.

elektrixx

Banned
I watched Slamboree 2000 and forgot all about the end of the main event. I'm fairly sure something gets cut from commentary right before Chris Kanyon falls but I don't have anything else to look at.

Top Bottom