• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Network |OT| $9.99 PPVs, that's gonna put some butts in the seats

styl3s

Tried gifcam, but it doesn't seem to capture the area I've actually placed it over.
5.gif
Worked on my first try.

I don't know anything about gif making so apparently this came out at a ridiculous 20mb+ and it took me like 5 minutes to find a place to host it.

Got the VOD working on my laptop at last (switching to IE solved all the problems, which is a sentence I never thought I'd say), so here's a couple of gifs from Eddie vs Malenko from Starrcade '97;

i8vam86sPd8Cd.gif

iYfdUFDB6XZyx.gif

Nuklear

Banned
Dave Meltzer clarifies the technical issues:

Well hopefully they'll change some of their booking to keep us old timers from unsubbing 6 months later after we have gotten our fill of the old content. The WWE has a golden opportunity to get us back but if the current booking is going to stay the same we are aren't going to stay. I for one would start pushing Roman Reigns to the moon. That guy is the future.

The Wyatt's are great too. Such a great gimmick. Hopefully Cena puts them over but I doubt it happens.

Toki767

I don't really think I'll be continuing my subscription after the trial. All the PPVs are nice, but they all pretty much lack context without the TV shows.

strobogo

Banned
Worked on my first try.

I don't know anything about gif making so apparently this came out at a ridiculous 20mb+ and it took me like 5 minutes to find a place to host it.

Open the gif in a browser. Shrink like you would any other web page. Then gif that. Because the network player is so big, any gif you make from it will be huge. You can shrink the size in Gifcam directly, but it cuts off parts of the screen little by little.

Hasney

Well hopefully they'll change some of their booking to keep us old timers from unsubbing 6 months later after we have gotten our fill of the old content. The WWE has a golden opportunity to get us back but if the current booking is going to stay the same we are aren't going to stay. I for one would start pushing Roman Reigns to the moon. That guy is the future.

There's so much they have access to and it;'s not all up yet, I don't think I'll be unsubscribing for a long long time, no matter how bad the current product is.

pa22word

So does anyone know how long they plan on holding off new run ppvs from the network? I know they plan on showing all the new ppvs on the network as they air, but it would would be kinda lame if they start it out with a gap in the releases.

PaulLFC

Disabling pepper flash player and enabling "normal" flash fixed videos not playing in Chrome for me.

Now I just need to find out why it won't stay full screen on a second monitor - as soon as I click on the first monitor the video quits fullscreen. It doesn't do that in IE, works fine. Must be a Chrome issue.

Showaddy

So does anyone know how long they plan on holding off new run ppvs from the network? I know they plan on showing all the new ppvs on the network as they air, but it would would be kinda lame if they start it out with a gap in the releases.

I think they said EC would be live in 30 days. Might wanna double check that though...

Hasney

Apparently will be up right away. Elimination Chamber is only held back to let the PPV companies sell their replays.

Jamie OD

Every PPV from WM 30 onwards will appear on demand shortly after the event ends. Don't know how long afterwards but it shouldn't be more than a few hours at most.

pa22word

So how long does nxt traditionally air? I thought I saw someone earlier say it ran for an hour, but the schedule is looking like it's longer than that. Just curious, because when it comes to quality wrasslin' I say the more the merrier :D

Razorskin

----- ------
So how long does nxt traditionally air? I thought I saw someone earlier say it ran for an hour, but the schedule is looking like it's longer than that. Just curious, because when it comes to quality wrasslin' I say the more the merrier :D

This is a special PPV like event for NXT, normally it is 1 hour.

strobogo

Banned

The weekly show is an hour, but this is like their version of a PPV/Clash of the Champions, so it is 2 hours.

Manus

Was when the NWO came out and made fun of the 4 horseman. Was that on a Nitro taping or a PPV? Would love to watch that whole segment again.

Dante316

I don't really think I'll be continuing my subscription after the trial. All the PPVs are nice, but they all pretty much lack context without the TV shows.

Valid point. Its only a trial and it will get better over time. I want them to have 4 weeks of raw n sd than ppv. In a chronological order. That would be perfect.

pa22word

Zane/cesaro looks like it's going to be awesome based off that 2/3 falls match they aired earlier, glad to see this starting strong.

Also shiiiiiiet, regal on the mic? Awesome.

Top Bottom