• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Network |OT| $9.99 PPVs, that's gonna put some butts in the seats

pa22word

ECW One Night Stand. :')

Just this and the old wCw will be oh-so-worthy!! <3
Oh shit ons is on here too? Never got a chance to watch that back in the day, but should be well worth watching if only to see that crowd just crucify cena >:D

I just wish no way out '06 would load, because that taker angle match is one of my all time favs but I haven't gotten the damned thing to load since the network popped up T_T

Hopefully they continue to iron things out though and some if the lesser cached stuff starts getting better connet times.

pa22word

Ugh can't believe they let wyatt beat bryan clean to open the rumble. Bryan was so over with the crowd, when the final count ended they just died.

Wwe why u book so badly v.v

Oh shit ons is on here too? Never got a chance to watch that back in the day, but should be well worth watching if only to see that crowd just crucify cena >:D

I just wish no way out '06 would load, because that taker angle match is one of my all time favs but I haven't gotten the damned thing to load since the network popped up T_T

Hopefully they continue to iron things out though and some if the lesser cached stuff starts getting better connet times.

It certainly is!!! I've been wanting to watch it again since forever, and I just subscribed and the first thing I searched for was this. datcrowd!!

strobogo

Banned
Ugh can't believe they let wyatt beat bryan clean to open the rumble. Bryan was so over with the crowd, when the final count ended they just died.

Bray need to go over. Bryan was fine with the loss. The match was about making Bray look legit and a loss would have undermined that.

Vylash

Bray needed that win more than anything, Bryan losing wouldn't hurt him

pa22word

Bray need to go over. Bryan was fine with the loss. The match was about making Bray look legit and a loss would have undermined that.
With wm just around the corner though I'd think that wwe should be building the few guys they still have around that can get over, and wait for building the new guys until after mania as to not undermine them leading into their biggest event. Now this loss is going to hang over him all the way into mania, which would have been okay I guess if he was facing wyatt again, but now he's apparently beeing shoehorned into a match with hhh so I guess that angle with wyatt just disappeared into the mist? Meh.

Edgeward

With wm just around the corner though I'd think that wwe should be building the few guys they still have around that can get over, and wait for building the new guys until after mania as to not undermine them leading into their biggest event. Now this loss is going to hang over him all the way into mania, which would have been okay I guess if he was facing wyatt again, but now he's apparently beeing shoehorned into a match with hhh so I guess that angle with wyatt just disappeared into the mist? Meh.

The loss didnt hang over him, people got over it. As it got overshadowed that same night by not having Bryan in the rumble itself. Bryan has nothing to prove to the audience, he is still mega over

strobogo

Banned

The loss hasn't hung over Bryan's head at all. It didn't hurt him at all. None of his losses has. But it did make Bray look super legit, and Bray needs to look strong going into a marquee match with Cena at WM. Bryan could lose every week before WM and it wouldn't hurt him. It's booking 101. The angle with Wyatt ended at Rumble when Bray started one with Cena (which then took a back seat for one with Shield). It's the same reason Bray went over Roman at EC. It didn't hurt Roman, but it did reenforce that Bray is the real deal who can fuck anyone up.

geomon

The loss hasn't hung over Bryan's head at all. It didn't hurt him at all. None of his losses has. But it did make Bray look super legit, and Bray needs to look strong going into a marquee match with Cena at WM. Bryan could lose every week before WM and it wouldn't hurt him. It's booking 101. The angle with Wyatt ended at Rumble when Bray started one with Cena (which then took a back seat for one with Shield). It's the same reason Bray went over Roman at EC. It didn't hurt Roman, but it did reenforce that Bray is the real deal who can fuck anyone up.

You're right. I was kind of pissed at first that he went over clean but Bryan is so super over it's nothing to him right now.

Update sent out for Roku players. Seems to be working much better so far.

Pvb6V.gif

Vince's eyebrows in that introductory message creep me the fuck out. Are those things alive?

pa22word

The loss didnt hang over him, people got over it. Bryan has nothing to prove to the audience, he is still mega over
Hmm, I guess I'll take your word for it since I haven't watched raw/sd in years, but it just seems weird given that the crowd had basically zero reaction to wyatt winning. No boos, no cheers, just dead ass silence. That just seems to me like it was too early to put him over with a win like that given that no one seems to give a crap about him, especially since they're apparently ending that arc for a quick and dirty hhh angle. It just seems like both of them would have benefited from a dirty win here by wyatt and a prolonged rivalry with bryan to help build wyatt up more instead of just giving it to him in the opener at the rumble. Just food for thought though.

Also lol at brock squashing show and proceeding to beat him with a chair for 10 mins >.>

Poor show just getting totally burried here.

Edgeward

Hmm, I guess I'll take your word for it since I haven't watched raw/sd in years, but it just seems weird given that the crowd had basically zero reaction to wyatt winning. No boos, no cheers, just dead ass silence. That just seems to me like it was too early to put him over with a win like that given that no one seems to give a crap about him, especially since they're apparently ending that arc for a quick and dirty hhh angle. It just seems like both of them would have benefited from a dirty win here by wyatt and a prolonged rivalry with bryan to help build wyatt up more instead of just giving it to him in the opener at the rumble. Just food for thought though.

Also lol at brock squashing show and proceeding to beat him with a chair for 10 mins >.>

The win definietly helped wyatt because later on it made him a legit opponent for the shield in the next ppv. People were red hot for that match up. Check it out once it is on demand next month

pa22word

The win definietly helped wyatt because later on it made him a legit opponent for the shield in the next ppv. People were red hot for that match up. Check it out once it is on demand next month
Will do. I just wish wwe would make it easier to catch up with the current raw/sd arcs. Last time I looked at the shows tab I didn't see any post rr stuff =/

Makes it hard to keep up, you know?

That was like one of their best booking decisions ever. Bray's just as over as Bryan but as a heel. People were into that match and him winning there.

I don't think you understand what "burying" is, dude. The crowd was silent because Wyatt's the biggest heel in the company and he beat the biggest babyface. It was stunned silence, not "this sucks" silence. Why would people cheer a bad guy winning?

pa22word

That was like one of their best booking decisions ever. Bray's just as over as Bryan but as a heel. People were into that match and him winning there.
As I posted earlier, my only context was that match (haven't watched raw/sd proper in years) and it seemed to me that no one really cared for wyatt after the win crowd reaction seemed flat, but hey if it worked well then I'm perfectly happy eating crow ;)

Ewww randy's new theme sucks ass. Burn in my light nostalgia forever <3

As I posted earlier, my only context was that match (haven't watched raw/sd proper in years) and it seemed to me that no one really cared for wyatt after the win crowd reaction seemed flat, but hey if it worked well then I'm perfectly happy eating crow ;)
Ohhh, watch the last 10 minutes or so of the January 13 Raw, with Bray and Daniel in the cage. That'll give you a lot of context as to just how popular Bray Wyatt is. They had a really memorable "moment" and got the whole crowd going nuts for them.

Bray's had the hottest match at both the Rumble and Elimination Chamber so far. He could definitely steal the show with Cena at WM.

Edgeward

After seeing it again last nigh, the match on raw 2/27/13 with cena and punk is better than their money in the bank 2011 match. Less sloppy and the big moves pulled were incredible. The piledriver is still a mark out moment.

Only thing that helps the MiTB match is the build and crowd which were far superior.

Ewww randy's new theme sucks ass. Burn in my light nostalgia forever <3

Orton hated the "Burn In My Light" song. I'm shocked it stayed as long as it did.

pa22word

Ohhh, watch the last 10 minutes or so of the January 13 Raw, with Bray and Daniel in the cage. That'll give you a lot of context as to just how popular Bray Wyatt is. They had a really memorable "moment" and got the whole crowd going nuts for them.

Bray's had the hottest match at both the Rumble and Elimination Chamber so far. He could definitely steal the show with Cena at WM.

Hmm, will do. It's up on the network right? As for the ec stuff... Like I said this would be a lot easier to keep up with if they had the entire 2014 lineup up pn the network ready for launch.

Orton hated the "Burn In My Light" song. I'm shocked it stayed as long as it did.

Haha that only makes it that much more awesome in hindsight then :p

Also man this crowd is eating both cena and orton's lunch in this match, ny god :x

pa22word

Wow this orton cena match has to be one of the most embarrassing wwe title matches ive seen. Fans don't give a fuck about either of them, both people scrapping the bottom of the barrel of their already meager moveset to the point their even stealing their own moves :/

Totally rote presentation too. Filled with all the usual trappings like the ref knocked down submit, ref knocked down belt hit, etc.

Aaand it finally ended. Interesting finish. I guess I can see how wyatt and cena could build now based off that, and maybe wyatt's unconventional style might bring something interesting out of cena at mania.

Recall

WWE's going to need a ton more servers for WrestleMania if Arrival is any indication

It seems they have still plenty of issues to address but at least they gave themselves over a month to sort them before the big show airs.

Loading a WCW PPV and just watching the good stuff is been a great way to spend my free time at the moment.

Wow this orton cena match has to be one of the most embarrassing wwe title matches ive seen. Fans don't give a fuck about either of them, both people scrapping the bottom of the barrel of their already meager moveset to the point their even stealing their own moves :/

Totally rote presentation too. Filled with all the usual trappings like the ref knocked down submit, ref knocked down belt hit, etc.

Aaand it finally ended. Interesting finish. I guess I can see how wyatt and cena could build now based off that, and maybe wyatt's unconventional style might bring something interesting out of cena at mania.
I found Cena's justification for the crowd behavior in this match hilariously delusional.

Sephzilla

I'm curios what the problem was I was on a PC and my stream was perfect

Some people apparently went through the entire PPV perfectly. For me, I couldn't watch most of the main event on either PS3, PS4, or PC.

It seems they have still plenty of issues to address but at least they gave themselves over a month to sort them before the big show airs.

Loading a WCW PPV and just watching the good stuff is been a great way to spend my free time at the moment.

I just wish they had more 90s Raw and Smackdowns.

strobogo

Banned
I found Cena's justification for the crowd behavior in this match hilariously delusional.

In some ways, he's right. Silence means people don't care. Silence like mid card matches get on Main Event and Smackdown. But in the case of Orton vs Cena, fans were rejecting what they were given. It was different than being apathetic. It was "fuck these guys, fuck this match, give us Bryan". It wasn't even the same as Sheamus/Orton from the Raw after WM last year. Those fans were bored. The fans at the Rumble were mad and rejecting what was being served to them.

Managed to watch NXT Arrival by searching for it and then skipping the part that a lot of people had issues.

Great event.

So NXT is now Thursday nights and only on WWE Network?

daemissary

Is there a chronological list of ECW pay per views somewhere? I'm trying to watch all of em in order and WWE network isn't making it easy.

geomon

Is there a chronological list of ECW pay per views somewhere? I'm trying to watch all of em in order and WWE network isn't making it easy.

List of ECW pay-per-view events

Also, just got this email from the Network:

During tonight's live NXT ArRIVAL special, we unfortunately experienced technical difficulties, which are to be expected when launching a new digital network. We will work aggressively to solve these glitches and deliver quality service. The complete event will be available on-demand overnight.

Top Bottom