• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Network |OT| $9.99 PPVs, that's gonna put some butts in the seats

strobogo

Banned
Ok, so Torrie Wilson just kissed Sable after a bikini contest. These poor women. Then immediately cut to recap footage from SmackDown of Roddy Piper ripping Zach Gowen's leg off, for fuck's sake, haha.

PG Era > Ruthless Agression Era

You must have missed the angle where Dawn Marie married Torrie's dad in order to fuck Torrie. Not fuck with, but fuck. And then her dad died from a heart attack while fucking Dawn. And they got married in their underwear in the ring. After the death, Dawn and Torrie had a Stepmother vs Stepdaughter match. The feud lasted nearly a year.

PaulLFC

I hear the Roku app has Netflix-style resume from where you stopped watching functionality? Hopefully the other platforms get that soon.

Apparently more stuff will be going up next week, after the one week free trial period ends. Also, all SNME's and Clash of the Champions are coming soon.

Awesome news.
Great to hear. Where did you find out about this? If it's a site that posts regular updates about what's going on with the network I'll bookmark it.

I watched Bad Blood 2003 last night. During the redneck triathlon, Jerry Lawler refers to four women in the back as something like "a selection of pies".

WHdyQq4.gif

I hear the Roku app has Netflix-style resume from where you stopped watching functionality? Hopefully the other platforms get that soon.

Great to hear. Where did you find out about this? If it's a site that posts regular updates about what's going on with the network I'll bookmark it.

Lords of Pain, who I think usually gets their news from Meltzer, so, there could be a 50% chance this is accurate. :lol

Hopefully it is though. I will become a recluse and grow a Wyatt Family beard.

You must have missed the angle where Dawn Marie married Torrie's dad in order to fuck Torrie. Not fuck with, but fuck. And then her dad died from a heart attack while fucking Dawn. And they got married in their underwear in the ring. After the death, Dawn and Torrie had a Stepmother vs Stepdaughter match. The feud lasted nearly a year.

Haha, yea the culmination was at Royal Rumble 2003, which is where I started my Ruthless Aggression watch. And after all that disgusting nonsense of a storyline, the crowd booed the match.

Son Of D

I keep trying to suppress my memories of that. What a horrendous feud.

geomon

Apparently more stuff will be going up next week, after the one week free trial period ends. Also, all SNME's and Clash of the Champions are coming soon.

Awesome news.

Mmm, yes please. Get all of those old shows scanned in baby. I need my WCW Saturday Night Barry Horowitz fix along with Essa Rios and Crash Holly Sunday Night Heat matches.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Watching WM6, forgot about Roddy Piper coming out to half blackface.

It's better left forgotten. I heard that it took him 2 weeks to get rid of the blackface. Serves him right!

I've been trying to watch WrestleMania 17 on Roku, but every time I hit play, I get an error message that says it's having a problem loading the show, please try again in a few minutes. And then it says the same thing over and over again.

I've had zero success using this service so far. It's been long enough where I should be able to at least watch something on demand. Even the live stream of NXT Arrival shit the bed last night.

I'm legit pissed that I paid for this network right now. It's been a complete waste of money for me.

Carnby

Watching through 2003 PPVs cause I stopped watching it back then. This whole era is just gross - vulgar and sexist and stupidly violent and steroided-up meatheads galore...

And how the HELL did Cena ever get over as a "rapper"????

81tXDIU.png

I agree. I watched Cena's opening promo on Great American Bash 2004. "I'll beat three guys like Kurt Angle's right hand".

...This is awful.

I'm glad they updated the 'swoosh' noise between tabs that just sounded like someone making a swoosh noise with their mouth.

Just caught up on NXT Arrival... they were never going to top that opening match, but a good card over all. The women put on a great match, and the main event was solid, if nothing special for a ladder match.

But this El Generico mark right here was blown away by the Zayn vs Cesaro match. I'm very glad I watched the best of three falls match earlier this week, because the way this built on that match was brilliant. A truly special match that (unlike I felt about the best of three falls bout) deserved those match of the year chants, and the respect Cesaro sold at the end felt truly deserved, elevating both men, and Zayn substantially. Great booking. Awesome match.

Seriously though, Too Cool? What the hell? Lets build up our tag team champs by having them take far too long to beat a 'never was' team. Even though he countered it at the end, having one of your tag champs layed out by Scotty for the duration of the whole build up to the worm was a really dumb idea.

Oh shit ons is on here too? Never got a chance to watch that back in the day, but should be well worth watching if only to see that crowd just crucify cena >:D

I just wish no way out '06 would load, because that taker angle match is one of my all time favs but I haven't gotten the damned thing to load since the network popped up T_T

Hopefully they continue to iron things out though and some if the lesser cached stuff starts getting better connet times.

Maybe you can help answer a long term question. What were the fans chanting at Cena, to my ears it sounds like "puff puff Cena puff puff" lol ?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm watching this Legends of Wrestling show from the Vault section. Its actually really good so far. I hope there's more episodes of this

There's around 8 or 10 of them I believe, more will be released. They're ALL good if not great. Wrestling Families was a good one as was the Soul of Wrestling.

I won't stand for this Too Cool slander in this mothafucka

Scotty 2 Hotty had a very underrated match with Deano the Machine-o at Backlash 2000

Aiii

So not worth it
I, for one, marked out huge for Too Cool back in 2000 and just as hard when they came out at NXT, esp. impressed with Scotty, who looks better in the ring nowadays then he did back then.

I guess firefighting is great training for pro wrasslin'

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What's funny is that Too Cool in 2014 look like the boy bands do from 2000..in 2014.

Aiii

So not worth it
Oh, for Roku users:
"We just pushed a fix to the channel. Don't see it? Force an updaet by clocking Settings -> System update -> Check now

As per WWE Mail, 360 fix is coming March 3rd.

PS4 got updated to the new version too, now fixes pretty much every issue, search is there, as is match navigation.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You must have forgotten then. Too Cool and Rikishi were monster over.

They were and I hated it. Dance routine for the first 4 minutes of a Royal Rumble. And the crowd didn't hate it. I did though.

GolazoDan

Wait, are people doubting Too Cool were over as fuck? They were awesome. Rumble 2000 when they decided to dance in the middle of the match, that Raw ten man where they were in there with the main eventers. WWE went mental when they made Rikishi the man who ran Austin down though.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh nice, didn't see that Worst Characters Legends Roundtable is up. It's a good one guys. Watch it!

Recall

Once Clash of Champions shows are up we need to encourage everyone to watch Hollywood Blond matches, as they were fucking amazing.

Wait, are people doubting Too Cool were over as fuck? They were awesome. Rumble 2000 when they decided to dance in the middle of the match, that Raw ten man where they were in there with the main eventers. WWE went mental when they made Rikishi the man who ran Austin down though.

Rikishi was over. Obviously they put the belts on Too Cool that one time...

but as over as anyone else in 2000? utter nonsense. even presuming you just mean tag teams. They were more over than they should have been (above people like, say the Hollys) but as over as The Dudleys? Edge and Christian? The Hardys?

That's insanity talking.

strobogo

Banned

but as over as anyone else in 2000? utter nonsense. even presuming you mean tag team. They were more over than they should have been (above people like, say the Hollys) but as over as The Dudleys? Edge and Christian? The Hardys?

That's insanity talking.

When 2000 era Raws get uploaded, you're going to feel like such a doofus.

GolazoDan

but as over as anyone else in 2000? utter nonsense. even presuming you just mean tag teams. They were more over than they should have been (above people like, say the Hollys) but as over as The Dudleys? Edge and Christian? The Hardys?

That's insanity talking.
Way more over than those teams. You're underestimating their popularity. This was the era when a catchphrase was almost all you needed.

When 2000 era Raws get uploaded, you're going to feel like such a doofus.

You're presuming I wasn't watching at the time, for some reason.

Remember all the Too Cool merchandise? Remember that Too Cool home video that everyone was demanding that sold through the roof?

I don't.

strobogo

Banned

Remember all the Too Cool merchandise? Remember that Too Cool home video that everyone was demanding that sold through the roof?

I don't.

I presume that you don't remember how over they were because either you haven't seen it in a long time or you're too smarky to pretend they existed.

I don't.
You have a pretty bad memory if you don't remember that Too Cool merch. I'm pretty sure they even sold Grandmaster Sexay's sunglasses.

I presume that you don't remember how over they were because either you haven't seen it in a long time or you're too smarky to pretend they existed.

I haven't said they weren't over. I just refute that they were as over as anyone else in 2000. Because that's crazy talk.

Sephzilla

Not everyone is a smark, The Worm used to get a gigantic pop for such a silly move. It was glorious.

The Worm > Five Knuckle Shuffle

I haven't said they weren't over. I just refute that they were as over as anyone else in 2000. Because that's crazy talk.

I'm kind of prone to agree with him. Wasn't 2000 right around the time the Hardys, Edge & Christian, and the Dudleys all really start to get their mojo really going?

Jamie OD

Oh nice, didn't see that Worst Characters Legends Roundtable is up. It's a good one guys. Watch it!

The reason we got Pat Patterson Vs Gerald Brisco in an Evening Gown match at King Of The Ring 2000 is the most bizarre McMahon thinking I have ever heard. Spoiler if you haven't watched the roundtable yet:

They were originally going to have Trish Vs Lita in a Bra and Panties match along with Patterson Vs Brisco in a hardcore match but only had room on the card for one of them. So Vince decides to take a piece from both ideas and do Patterson Vs Brisco in an Evening Gown match.

The reason we got Pat Patterson Vs Gerald Brisco in an Evening Gown match at King Of The Ring 2000 is the most bizarre McMahon thinking I have ever heard. Spoiler if you haven't watched the roundtable yet:

They were originally going to have Trish Vs Lita in a Bra and Panties match along with Patterson Vs Briscoe in a hardcore match but only had room on the card for one of them. So Vince decides to take a piece from both ideas and do Patterson Vs Briscoe in an Evening Gown match.

I've got it on right now, and I'm enjoying the heck out of it. I'd only seen the Shockmaster stuff from this before.

markatisu

I don't.

really now...

82007.jpg

82012.jpg

Too%20Cool%20and%20Rikishi%20P-598.jpg

[
82006.jpg

4db66508a2db2_74388n.jpg

And there is lots and lots of other stuff, shirts, hats, an alarm clock, sunglasses

I mean come on dude if you are going to snarky about it at least be right

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Once Clash of Champions shows are up we need to encourage everyone to watch Hollywood Blond matches, as they were fucking amazing.

There were a ton of exceptional CotC cards. It felt like such a huge event. I loved em!

Top Bottom