• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Network |OT| $9.99 PPVs, that's gonna put some butts in the seats

Striker

Will do. I just wish wwe would make it easier to catch up with the current raw/sd arcs. Last time I looked at the shows tab I didn't see any post rr stuff =/

Makes it hard to keep up, you know?
Just subscribe to their Youtube page; they have clips of anything significant and basically tells you all you need to know. Otherwise you will just sit through three hours of them laughing at the diva's or midcarders and promoting the WWE App.

pa22word

Just subscribe to their Youtube page; they have clips of anything significant and basically tells you all you need to know. Otherwise you will just sit through three hours of them laughing at the diva's or midcarders and promoting the WWE App.
Eww raw is 3 hours now? Bleh...

Also goddamn the crowd was just to the point of total revolt by the end of this ppv, and I can kinda see why punk walked now >.>

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, I was very impressed with NXT Arrival. Solid card all the way. Cesaro/Zayn set the pace right from the get go. Paige vs Emma was very surprising to me. Amazing what happens when you give these women time and allow them to do moves that men do. One of the best diva matches I have seen in ages. The ladder match was very entertaining! So this is now going to be on every Thursday? Dixie Carter can't be feeling too great right now.

strobogo

Banned
Wow, I was very impressed with NXT Arrival. Solid card all the way. Cesaro/Zayn set the pace right from the get go. Paige vs Emma was very surprising to me. Amazing what happens when you give these women time and allow them to do moves that men do. One of the best diva matches I have seen in ages. The ladder match was very entertaining! So this is now going to be on every Thursday? Dixie Carter can't be feeling too great right now.

It's usually just an hour long show and is a lot more like old NWA studio shows. Characters are first and foremost, there are squash matches, jobbers, and more character work. It's really enjoyable. There is always a quality match every week.

Edgeward

There was a roku update as well today. Looks more stable and the resume feature works now. Just no chapters still. Hope that makes it in soin but resume feature is good stuff. Also no erroring out

pa22word

Also I just tested out a theory with the on demand stuff based on that stuff that was posted earlier about the network being unable to bring in stuff that isn't in the recent cache. What I did was pulled no way out '06 into the queue and instead of constantly starting and restarting the feed until it popped up I set up a stopwatch on my pc and let it run while I faffed about for a bit. And surprisingly, after 10 mins and 39 secs it finally pulled NWO '06 up!

So yeah, anyone having issues with getting a specific old ppv to boot might instead of giving up just let it sit for a while until it pops up, and I mean a /long/ while >.>

Vylash

Meh, it's network exclusive and therefore available on demand after it airs so I don't think she should be sweating too much, if anything it'll just ensure that those of us smart enough not to watch Impact won't be tempted to do so ever again

krae_man

Ohhh, watch the last 10 minutes or so of the January 13 Raw, with Bray and Daniel in the cage. That'll give you a lot of context as to just how popular Bray Wyatt is. They had a really memorable "moment" and got the whole crowd going nuts for them.

Bray's had the hottest match at both the Rumble and Elimination Chamber so far. He could definitely steal the show with Cena at WM.

Cena only has one non crappy match per year and he already used it up against Cesaro. I don't expect much different then Cena eats a lot of offense, hits his 5MOD at some point, instant no sell and finisher when the ref gives him the go home signal.

Cena only has one non crappy match per year and he already used it up against Cesaro. I don't expect much different then Cena eats a lot of offense, hits his 5MOD at some point, instant no sell and finisher when the ref gives him the go home signal.
Cena regularly has amazing matches. His booking and character are lame, but I don't get what you're talking about at all.

strobogo

Banned
Cena regularly has amazing matches. His booking and character are lame, but I don't get what you're talking about at all.

I wouldn't go as far to say he has regular amazing matches, but he does usually have 2-3 WWE MOTYC for 5-6 years running. He's obviously capable of much more than what he normally does, just like Hogan was, but once you get to his level there is really no reason to work as hard when you can get the same reactions for less. It's really more frustrating to know he can be so great, but only shows it a handful of times a year. He regularly has rote, by the numbers, ultra predictable matches. He occasionally has excellent matches where he more than holds his own and proves that he can go when he wants/needs to.

Pavaloo

I wouldn't go as far to say he has regular amazing matches, but he does usually have 2-3 WWE MOTYC for 5-6 years running. He's obviously capable of much more than what he normally does, just like Hogan was, but once you get to his level there is really no reason to work as hard when you can get the same reactions for less. It's really more frustrating to know he can be so great, but only shows it a handful of times a year. He regularly has rote, by the numbers, ultra predictable matches. He occasionally has excellent matches where he more than holds his own and proves that he can go when he wants/needs to.

straight up I think the dude is concerned about how long his body will last

he seems to be getting more and more injury prone with age, I could see him trying to play it safe when he can.

strobogo

Banned
straight up I think the dude is concerned about how long his body will last

he seems to be getting more and more injury prone with age, I could see him trying to play it safe when he can.

I think it's that now, but it was more of the Hogan thing of "why try so hard when you don't have to" for years. He has nothing to prove. He's been the top guy for 9 years. And with that is no incentive to work hard because he's going to get reactions regardless. And he figured that out early on into his run.

Anth0ny

Everyone needs to check out the main event of IN YOUR HOUSE 16 from July 1997, if you haven't already. It's in Calgary, and when the Hart Foundation comes out... possibly the loudest reaction I've ever heard for an entrance. Insane.

Even better... the Hart Foundation were heels at the time! lol

Everyone needs to check out the main event of IN YOUR HOUSE 16 from July 1997, if you haven't already. It's in Calgary, and when the Hart Foundation comes out... possibly the loudest reaction I've ever heard for an entrance. Insane.

Even better... the Hart Foundation were heels at the time! lol

I have that PPV on DVD, it's one of the best WWE PPVs ever.

Aiii

So not worth it
WWE should really be doing another live event before the HoF induction ceremony live stream. Needs to be tested for sure before Mania, when there are alot more users online than for NXT.

That said, just watch Arrival and it was a great showcase for these guys, bit surprised on Cesaro getting the win, but it made Zayn look like a million bucks. Honestly, right now they need to turn Cesaro and Zeb face, get rid of Swagger and add Zayn to that stable on WWE main. It would be insane to not integrate things happening on NXT with the main roster and keeping it seperate like before.

They can do something with Zeb realising this Arab Canadian is even better and the two best competitors in the US are foreigners, changing his tune a bit.

---

Also, give me AJ vs. Paige in a Submission Match, Paige adopting the Scorpion Cross against AJ's Black Widow, come on, that could be great.

Instead AJ will be written off of TV after dropping the belt to Eva Marie at Mania and Paige won't be called up until 2016, because WWE lol.

Ithil

Managed to watch NXT Arrival by searching for it and then skipping the part that a lot of people had issues.

Great event.

So NXT is now Thursday nights and only on WWE Network?

It still airs on Hulu, but on Fridays, and it still airs internationally on TV channels.

PaulLFC

Is there a deadline for when WWE need to sign new TV deals by for Raw and Smackdown?

Just wondering when we can expect to get some news on whether the current 30 day delay will be improved or not.

Samus4145

They're in order on the Network. They're set newest first, but you can change it to oldest first.

The PS4 interface is way different. They have it broken down by PPV name with each of the years that event occurred inside. Makes finding the correct order annoying as you have to compare dates in each PPV name.

The PS4 interface is way different. They have it broken down by PPV name with each of the years that event occurred inside. Makes finding the correct order annoying as you have to compare dates in each PPV name.

And Roku only lets you sort by year and not by PPV name. It's odd how sorting works differently on every device.

Zach

So I'm really enjoying the Network, but I've got to say that WWE is the worst -- THE WORST! -- for not having some of these WCW themes. How are you not going to have Sting's music?! Come. On.

Aiii

So not worth it
I appreciate that WWE didn't take Benoit off of the program, but as I'm watching Hog Wild 96 and I see him come to the ring with Woman (and Miss Elizabeth) while hearing the commentary say stuff like "recently, he and Woman have not been seeing eye to eye."

...Literal chills go down my spine.

Chaplain

Must See PPV Matches. (copy and paste the list, and bold any additions you make)

[*]Rob Van Dam vs. Chris Jericho (Unforgiven, September 23, 2001 - WWE Hardcore Title Match)

As someone who started watch wrestling in 1984, I thought this match would have been so amazing on paper. My biggest problem with the match was RVD. He spots seemed so slow and predictable. This could have been such an amazing match, but wasn't in the end.

Watching through 2003 PPVs cause I stopped watching it back then. This whole era is just gross - vulgar and sexist and stupidly violent and steroided-up meatheads galore...

And how the HELL did Cena ever get over as a "rapper"????

81tXDIU.png

strobogo

Banned
Watching through 2003 PPVs cause I stopped watching it back then. This whole era is just gross - vulgar and sexist and stupidly violent and steroided-up meatheads galore...

81tXDIU.png

No idea, but he got super over in 2004/2005. His rippity raps were pretty much 100% gay jokes and telling people to suck his dick.

jmdajr

81tXDIU.png

The first time my wife saw me watching WWE she was like

WTF is this?

It was some sort of over sexualized Diva shenanigans. LOL. She's ok with it now.

But I will never forgot moments like these.

Diva Search promo Shoot! (for real watch this)

joelseph

I'm cool with hooking my computer up to the TV but damn if I am not getting lazy and just watching it on the iPad.

Has there been any progress or announcement regarding the Xbox 360 app logon issues?

Has there been any word on when the iOS app is getting Chromecast?

Besides NXT ArRival I have mainly been watching NXT and Smackdown on Hulu. Glory be to Chromecast.

TxdoHawk

No idea, but he got super over in 2004/2005. His rippity raps were pretty much 100% gay jokes and telling people to suck his dick.

As dumb as the content was, he was at least funny. I'm also in the "rap Cena was still better than GENEROFACE I LOVE ALL THE LITTLE JIMMYS SUPER CENA" camp.

JavyOO7

Only thing I don't like about the early RAW are Rob Bartlett. No idea how when I was a kid I over looked that. But man, he's annoying. I kinda feel like even Vince winces a bit when Bartlett says something "funny".

BFIB

Watched NXT Arrival this morning. Man, was that some great wrestling. To me, its worth the price per month alone.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Only thing I don't like about the early RAW are Rob Bartlett. No idea how when I was a kid I over looked that. But man, he's annoying. I kinda feel like even Vince winces a bit when Bartlett says something "funny".

He's horrible. Everyone winces. Horrid stuff. Just gibberish half the time. Idiot!

Ok, so Torrie Wilson just kissed Sable after a bikini contest. These poor women. Then immediately cut to recap footage from SmackDown of Roddy Piper ripping Zach Gowen's leg off, for fuck's sake, haha.

PG Era > Ruthless Agression Era

Top Bottom