• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Network |OT| $9.99 PPVs, that's gonna put some butts in the seats

So tomorrow night I'm having a party. Expecting about 60 people. I have the idea of playing old NWA WCW PPV on the big screen muted while everyone is dancing and having fun.

I remember going to a party once and this guy was playing old school Kung fu movies all night while people where having fun drinking dancing. By the end of the night we were all wasted transfixed on the 36th chamber while trance music was blaring in the background.

Thought I'd recreate that vibe.

They really need to get more territory wrestling on there - one random episode of World Class isn't enough. I hear they're going to be putting on more of the MSG house shows, though, which is good news, but I'd kill for a complete season or two of Mid-South, CWF, GCW, etc.

Oh well, here's a gif of The Great Kabuki shortly before he squished two jobbers in a handicap match;

iVtf2dbnRmVMo.gif

Ravager61

Streaming has been working great for me lately on PS3.

Pete Rose cutting a heel promo at WM 14 and then Kane giving him the tombstone was incredible.

radcliff

I just got a Roku 3 for the network. While things run smooth, the picture quality initially starts out blurry/pixelated and then eventually (after a few minutes or so) becomes clear. Is anyone else experiencing this?

elektrixx

Banned
Live feed - plays for three seconds and never loads.
WrestleMania III - perfect.
Bash At The Beach '96 - buffers every five seconds.

I can't justify this.

Currently watching SPRING STAMPEDE 1994. What an awesome card! Flair and Steamboat is of course amazing, but the rest of the card rocks too. Great brawl with Vader and The Boss, Austin vs Muta is fantastic, as is Sting and Rude, Dustin Rhodes and Bunkhouse Buck is really good too. This card had a little bit of everything. Very entertaining from beginning to end. Thank you WWE Network!

abundant

Currently watching SPRING STAMPEDE 1994. What an awesome card! Flair and Steamboat is of course amazing, but the rest of the card rocks too. Great brawl with Vader and The Boss, Austin vs Muta is fantastic, as is Sting and Rude, Dustin Rhodes and Bunkhouse Buck is really good too. This card had a little bit of everything. Very entertaining from beginning to end. Thank you WWE Network!

It's a shame that WCW would soon have a string of bad luck following that event. Rude suffers his career ending injury, Hogan and Friends show up, Steamboat suffers his career ending injury,and Steve Austin gets injured and is sent to mid card hell until he is fired.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah that's a phenomenal show. It's crazy - had the nWo never existed in the next couple years, I wonder what route WCW would have taken.

It's a shame that WCW would soon have a string of bad luck following that event. Rude suffers his career ending injury, Hogan and Friends show up, Steamboat suffers his career ending injury,and Steve Austin gets injured and is sent to mid card hell until he is fired.

Yeah that's a phenomenal show. It's crazy - had the nWo never existed in the next couple years, I wonder what route WCW would have taken.

So weird that Steamboat and Rude got injured so closely together. Doesn't get talked about much but man what a blow to a company. This all sounds eerily similar to TNA right before Hogan came in. Great in ring product with some interesting stories coming down the pipeline but management meddled with things and brought in the big names. If they would have stayed the course I could see WCW taking over WWF because they were the drizzling shits at the time. WCW without Hogan would have been young and financially lean.

deafmedal

Whelp GAF, you put me in an arm bar and I was unable to escape... just signed up :) Really didn't have a way to watch the PPVs before as I have no cable and I love the OTs for the various PPVs while they air, y'all are hilarious! Now I can participate (not likely with my pitiful posting habits lol).

Really excited to revisit some of my favorite shit from years past. And force my kid to watch Hogan and Warrior and Macho Man over and over :p

Sanjuro

This has to be the worst service and roll-out for a streaming service I've ever seen.

It's a shame, because the actual content is fantastic.

DMczaf

I really like the "live channel" feature. So many times I load up WWE Network and I have no idea what to watch, now I find myself just keeping Live on in the background while I do stuff.

Chaplain

After going through some of the content, the only thing that will bring me back is when all of the Madison Square Garden events are added (the ones shown on the MSG network like Dusty vs. Billy Graham), and all of the AWA events (when Hogan and Andre were there). For some reason, I am only interested in watching wrestling events that I have never seen before. Everything that I already watched from wcw and wwf from 1984 onwards just doesn't interest me anymore.

Sanjuro

I really like the "live channel" feature. So many times I load up WWE Network and I have no idea what to watch, now I find myself just keeping Live on in the background while I do stuff.

Seeing how that is the only feature that has worked for me, I agree. They do a fairly good job at mixing it up. I think if they hired some random jobber hosts for occasional live segments, it could be enhanced a bit.

shoplifter

Halloween Havoc 95 is so hilarious at the end. Especially when the Yeti shows up! No wonder Hogan turned heel he was pretty much in storyline limbo with these ridiculous bookings!

What's even better is that at WW3 like a month later brand new monster heel THE YEEEETEEEH is out of the match in the first two or three minutes. WCW always great at getting new guys over.

Gigarator

So the 2014 Royal Rumble is up, I'm pleasantly surprised that the finish didn't get the hairdryer treatment. All that booing is present and correct. I'm also surprised at just how much of the event music is still intact, Summerslam has Bodies, WMX7 has My Way and TT 2005 has Coming Undone along with others.

Watching Capital Carnage 1998 reminds me just how amazingly slutty they portrayed the women at the time.

Debra coming out with a tiny ass dress doing her "here look at my tits" thing. Chyna coming out wearing nothing but a bikini top and a thong with chaps. Terri Runnels running around wearing next to nothing. Jacqueline getting her actual tits exposed on the PPV. Sable doing her usual thing with her tits flying everywhere and her ass hanging out.

Goddamn, what a great time it was to be 14 years old.

Zach

Watching Capital Carnage 1998 reminds me just how amazingly slutty they portrayed the women at the time.

Debra coming out with a tiny ass dress doing her "here look at my tits" thing. Chyna coming out wearing nothing but a bikini top and a thong with chaps. Terri Runnels running around wearing next to nothing. Jacqueline getting her actual tits exposed on the PPV. Sable doing her usual thing with her tits flying everywhere and her ass hanging out.

Haha... Yeah, in retrospect it's terrible and slightly disgusting, but at 14 (me, too!) I assure you I was totally on board.

Recall

I don't get how there are people who only watch the live section, when there is a vast wealth of quality PPV goodness also.

Mix it up :)

It was the greatest thing ever! The fans wanted hot women in next to nothing and we got it! The Raws were way better back then too. Women in the crowd would be doing all sorts of crazy things during commercial breaks.

amm

Anyone know a workaround for this to work on older Rokus? I've added it via the Roku website, but it's not showing up on my actual Roku. I've heard conflicting stories. I have a Roku XD (2050). It sucks because I don't really wanna drop another $60 for this channel to work when everything else works fine.

The Network has been working flawlessly for me the past couple days on PS4, even at prime time. Watching Wrestlemania 19 right now and my god, that was a fantastic card top to bottom! I'd forgotten about Booker T vs. Triple H that night, but that was probably the best match I've seen out of Triple H in recent memory and Booker T was in classic form.

Kaladin

FYI: Some housekeeping thread news. There will be a slight title change soon, this IS the official WWE Network thread. We're going to ride it out to 20k posts in here.

I will let the mods decide if we stay in OT or go to Community.

The classic WWF logo was so bad-ass, it's never been improved upon, imo;

i8qHckMx89jr9.gif

"WWF, what the World is watching."

I really love the new version of that that they use for oldschool raws.
jpNI5FiojHj9m.png

This should be the logo they use for EVERYTHING. It just looks so much better than the scratch and network logo.

Top Bottom