• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Network |OT| $9.99 PPVs, that's gonna put some butts in the seats

Goldberg wasn't misused. He was booked pretty much exactly the same as he was in WCW. DDP and Booker were misused. Booker eventually over came it, but DDP only had a few years left in him even without the career ending injury. He was never going to be a main event guy in WWE, but he definitely deserved better than European Championship.

They were forcing goldberg to have WWE main event style matches with HHH which is definitely not using him right.

PaulLFC

What happened to Tough Enough? I remember they brought that back a couple of years ago with Austin, but then they never did another series. Did it rate badly? The idea seemed good, seems like something that could be a good exclusive for the network in the future if they did another series.

dream

Doesn't work on Android ( though it's great on PS3, iOS and PC). In fact I've not found any solution that works on Android outside the US, save for using splashtop to steam my PC desktop. If anyone has come up with a workaround, please share.

Is changing your DNS servers to unlock-us's servers at the router level an option?

Is changing your DNS servers to unlock-us's servers at the router level an option?

The issue is the location check within the app which uses Google's location services. I've tried to use an app that spoofs my GPS location but that doesn't get past it.

I've tried to view it through the website as well but even when I switch my browser to desktop mode it will still pick up that I'm using an Android device and tell me to download the app.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
That is so he didn't cripple anyone else.

If putting people in main-event matches helps them to stop crippling careers, HHH should be in a main-event match every week.

*rimshot*

dream

The issue is the location check within the app which uses Google's location services. I've tried to use an app that spoofs my GPS location but that doesn't get past it.

I've tried to view it through the website as well but even when I switch my browser to desktop mode it will still pick up that I'm using an Android device and tell me to download the app.

That's so strange. I just tried using the app on an Nook running CM10 (which, as best as I can tell, does run Google location services) and it does do a geo check, but it seems to pass it. It seems kind of silly to install a new rom just to use WWE Network, but...

Heenan is the greatest personality of all time!

ibzUc00zVVrAhU.gif

I'm watching Survivor Series 2008. You might be asking why, well because my wife and I were at the event.

And yes, it was utterly terrible, but at least I got to see Edge get one of his major title wins. Shawn's team in the opening survivor series match... jesus. Poor Shawn being stuck with that bunch. Cryme Time, Rey and Khali. Who thought that made sense?

SummerSlam 2003 was the end of Goldberg in WWE. He came in the Chamber, WRECKED everyone's shit like he was supposed to, then got beat by HHH who participated in the match a whopping 45 seconds because he had a groin injury they were trying to hide.

I was in a local bar watching the PPV. The place was hyped through the roof for Goldberg to win the title. When HHH pinned Goldberg, the place didn't even get mad. They just deflated and didn't say much.

When Goldberg won the title a month later at the PPV, no one gave a shit anymore and rightfully so.

Goddamn, I forgot how huge Eddie was by the end. Dat juice.

Yeah, his skin looked like it was ready to explode. That's why I kind of shake my head when they talked about him being clean and sober. Dude was pumped up with steroids.

Rapstah

Road Dogg does his standard introduction at WrestleMania 14 and they censor the "F" out of "WWF tag team champions of the world". Is this cobbled together out of separate recordings of the event or something? Do they not have the original tapes?

I'm surprised WWF never really did much with the Hogan Vs Flair feud. That match should have been the ME for WM 8. They built that fued since Summerslam

I'm surprised WWF never really did much with the Hogan Vs Flair feud. That match should have been the ME for WM 8. They built that fued since Summerslam

Vince supposedly hated their house show matches, so he blew up the whole thing and put Flair with Savage and Hogan with a heel Sid. Even after they had officially announced on TV Flair vs. Hogan for the WWF Title at WM8.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Heenan is the greatest personality of all time!

ibzUc00zVVrAhU.gif

Agreed. I can't ever remember him having a moment where he wasn't entertaining.

Jesse Ventura was a close second, though.

antonz

Heenan was something else. Was always a huge fan of his even as a kid cause he was just so entertaining even as the obnoxious heel. Such a damned shame what happened to him with the Cancer .

Heenan was pretty numb and phoned it in a fair majority of his WCW run.

He never really wanted to be there. One of the only reasons he went to WCW was they offered him health insurance and that was something Vince was not going to do.

DMczaf

Heenan at the start (and most) of his WCW career was kinda sad. You could tell he just didn't give a fuck about the product. Didn't know wrestler's names, forgot storylines easily. Just a pure IDGAF.

Road Dogg does his standard introduction at WrestleMania 14 and they censor the "F" out of "WWF tag team champions of the world". Is this cobbled together out of separate recordings of the event or something? Do they not have the original tapes?

All the stuff is direct from the masters unless they don't have it (SummerSlam 92, for example).
More than likely they just used the censored version by accident, since they had to do that for a while.

I loved how Gorilla Monsoon would flat out ignore company storylines and acknowledge The Mountie and Col. Mustafa had an "identity crisis" because they used to be different people.

strobogo

Banned
I disagree about Goldberg. He was the biggest star in WCW for years. He came into WWF as a face and should have stayed there. Turning him heel was ludicrous. Certain guys (Austin/Goldberg/Sting) just don't work as heels,

When did Goldberg turn heel in WWE?

Carnby

I'm trying to use the search function on the PS4 app. I enter the key word.... and then what? Nothing happens even if I push X to select an auto fill option. It fills the word and then nothing. Pushing X again only adds the letter I have selected in the letter bar.

This makes no sense.

Was The Rock drunk for his promo at Backlash 2003 or something? He does everything he usually does only it doesn't really work at all for some reason.

I watched that last night and was thinking the same thing. He would ramble, then stare off into space for a few seconds, then pick up again. I had no idea what the fuck he was trying to say.

Vince supposedly hated their house show matches, so he blew up the whole thing and put Flair with Savage and Hogan with a heel Sid. Even after they had officially announced on TV Flair vs. Hogan for the WWF Title at WM8.

Wow that's pretty nuts. What a waste of a build. Still cool we got to see Savage vs Flair but a Flair fued in WWF would would have been bomb. They could have also brought in Arn Anderson and have a fued with The Megapowers.

New Generation era had A+ booking. I love how they made every heel a threat and they looked strong. Even Evil Doink looked like a guy to not fuck with.

DMczaf

Wow that's pretty nuts. What a waste of a build. Still cool we got to see Savage vs Flair but a Flair fued in WWF would would have been bomb. They could have also brought in Arn Anderson and have a fued with The Megapowers.

New Generation era had A+ booking. I love how they made every heel a threat and they looked strong. Even Evil Doink looked like a guy to not fuck with.

God damn right. New Generation had 1 hour Raws, strong heels, lovable babyfaces, good stories.

Best Gen.

strobogo

Banned
To be fair to Vince, Hulk and Flair didn't have good matches in WCW. They didn't mesh well at all. To be fair to Flair, he still should have done Flair vs Hogan for a Wrestlemania main event. As good as Flair vs Macho was, it would have been like doing Hogan vs HHH at WM18 instead of Hogan vs Rock. Just wasn't the same thing.

DMczaf

Remember when Vince wanted Austin to job clean to Brock Lesnar on Raw in a KOTR qualifier match?

He should have taken more than his ball when he went home on that idiotic idea.

Covfan

I still think Backlash 99 is my favourite PPV ever. It has everything including the best Rock Vs Austin match and the best finish to a PPV ever.

Hasney

Remember when Vince wanted Austin to job clean to Brock Lesnar on Raw in a KOTR qualifier match?

He should have taken more than his ball when he went home on that idiotic idea.

Yeah, it was retarded. Meet on the KOTR PPV with some build, or have Austin be the number 1 contender against Brock after Summerslam, but you only ever get 1 first meeting. It would have been fairly huge.

Edgeward

Spring Stampede 97 doesnt have chapters on ps4. I wonder how many of these are like that. This is the first i have encountered so far

Edgeward

Ah it isnt some bug on ps4 then, well i am sure they will get to it eventually. Helps explain why search doesnt seem complete most times

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Being in the crowd for Wrestlemania 22, I remember how deflated the crowd was when HHH tapped out to Cena. I went on a 5 year vacation from wrasslin after that event.

Top Bottom