• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Network |OT| $9.99 PPVs, that's gonna put some butts in the seats

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
Funny to hear Jericho's wwe entrance music in halloween havoc 97

They're still doing that? lol. That's pretty jarring. I remember hearing Vince's music during his Slamboree 98 "entrance" when I watched the 24/7 version a while back. (The original didn't have any music playing at all.

Thank you sir

I remember really enjoying that match. In fact I remember enjoying that PPV despite the fact WWE was pretty bad the most part during that time.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
After watching One Night Stan 2006, my gf tells me she likes ECW more than WW. Also, I wish Tajiri still wrestled.

Edgeward

I must have blocked off the memory of Jeff Jarrett being in the Horsemen. Hearing Flair mention JJ made me do a double take. It was bad enough Mongo was allowed in.

God damn right. New Generation had 1 hour Raws, strong heels, lovable babyfaces, good stories.

Best Gen.

Except in terms of drawing money. There's a reason why 1993 to 1995 was the nadir of American professional wrestling.

I'd rather have today's wrestling where people are actually making money and I'm guaranteed one three star match at least per show.

Except in terms of drawing money. There's a reason why 1993 to 1995 was the nadir of American professional wrestling.

I'd rather have today's wrestling where people are actually making money and I'm guaranteed one three star match at least per show.

I would say the reason why it was unpopular back than was because it was a transitional period. Mid card guys like Bret and Shawn were moving higher up the cards and Vince had to create new stars like Razer and Diesel. It takes some time to build. Still the quality and build up to these fueds were great and not just flavor fueds of the month. We still had Perfect, Taker, Savage (for a bit) and Piper part time. Though Taker really became a star during the NG era.

That's so strange. I just tried using the app on an Nook running CM10 (which, as best as I can tell, does run Google location services) and it does do a geo check, but it seems to pass it. It seems kind of silly to install a new rom just to use WWE Network, but...

Interesting, I'll try it on my wife's Nook. It's my Android TV stick I want to get it running on. Not averse to replacing the rom on that to get it running.

Edit: It works just fine on the Nook! This gives me hope. There's no cyanogenmod for my TV stick but now I'm convinced there's got to be a solution.

joeposh

ibfg2kSPIod9No.gif

Censored, brehs.
ibcu0O6lnI7Krb.png

I've been wondering about that. I was there live, pretty much right behind the camera for that moment. The entire arena went ape shit when Mickie did that -- it's a shame they continue to censor it out.

Dinokill

Randy Orton vs Cactus Jack at Backlash 2004 still holds. A pretty great hardcore match. So sad we don't see these type of matches in wwe anymore thanks to the PG crap

Now I've got a device running the Android app I have another problem. The video quality is appalling whereas it's been fantastic on every other device.

Watched Ric Flair vs Road Warrior Hawk from Bunkhouse Stampede in '88, fun match, despite sticking entirely to the Flair formula, with JJ stooging it up at ringside. Hawk sold his leg well (up to a point) and the crowd loved his comeback after he reversed the pressure on the figure four.

Dirtiest player in the game, wooooooo!

flairz6uki.gif

Hawk's clothesline is so powerful it goes through Flair and kills the referee for a good 10 minutes;

hawk0fu2v.gif

Hawk hulks up;

hawk3eqf61.gif

Messed up Flair Flop;

flair_flop82uhk.gif

strobogo

Banned
I really really hope the rumors of putting up all the MSG footage ends up being true. They should do it for the Spectrum and Boston Garden as well. I thought they were going to start taping current house shows but I don't think that ever panned out.

Sayah

So Hulu Plus can have the latest episodes of Raw and Smackdown but WWE Network is only showing since January? Doesn't make any sense.

Edgeward

You sure he was not talking about JJ Dillon?

He definitely said Jarrett in his spring stampede promo but he was never official i am told so crisis averted.

I have had the the ps4 app crash on me twice now usually when having a long session. Hopefully that gets worked along with a watch history and resume function

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
Man, I'm watching WM 25, and the commentary is so much better than it is today. What the hell, this was only 5 years ago. I'm mean it's not that great, but it's amazing at how much it deteriorated.

I'm trying to watch the austin thing and it keeps freezing every 15 seconds or so. :(
It's on Netflix too if you have that. It's a good one.

Man, I'm watching WM 25, and the commentary is so much better than it is today. What the hell, this was only 5 years ago. I'm mean it's not that great, but it's amazing at how much it deteriorated.
There was a period of about 2-3 weeks a few years ago where they went all the way in not calling a single wrestling move or moment at all. Cole would just fucking talk about the main event or the story behind what was currently going on, but it was like they were pretending actual wrestling never happened. What a bizarre thing for Vince to care so much about. There's so much self-hate that I can't understand.

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but Main Event is scheduled to air live this week on Tuesday night on the Network. Not sure if this is a one-time thing or what.

TxdoHawk

Pre existing contract so it makes perfect sense.

Are TV deals still up in the air? I see articles in February about this but nothing more recent.

If the company drove a hard bargain with a desperate channel that included favorable WWE Network broadcast rights as a stipulation, that would make my day. I have my doubts, though.

Chucker

Welp, 3 minutes ago I remembered the cancel my trial.

14 mintues too late though. Oh well, I've spent my money on much worse stuff.

Top Bottom