• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Network |OT| $9.99 PPVs, that's gonna put some butts in the seats

Zee-Row

Banned
I was looking at Raven's WCW promo where the fan attacks him and i was wondering. Did the fan do time? I imagine jumping the rail and attacking a wrestler is assault right?

Hex

Banned
It is odd, I have no problem on the PS4 or my cel but I can not watch it on pc.
It keeps taking me to the download the ap, purchase page

iMax

Nah, it doesn't work on Android. It uses the device location, annoyingly as Aiii pointed out earlier. Sucks as I was going to get on it watching at work.

Seriously? Works great on iOS. Try turning on Airplane Mode and then activate Wi-Fi and VPN. Should work then.

Darmik

Nah, it doesn't work on Android. It uses the device location, annoyingly as Aiii pointed out earlier. Sucks as I was going to get on it watching at work.

It works on my tablet when using WiFi. I turned off the GPS locater thing just in case. If you're on a mobile you might be able to get it working over WiFi. I doubt it will work on a mobile network though.

It's very slow to load a video however. But it works eventually. Sometimes it doesn't work until my second attempt.

Nose Master

Had to turn off WM25 when it was Matt v Jeff. God damn, Matt was a pudgy fucker.

Watched Invasion instead. Such a weird ending. Random cuts to Austin getting checked on by a Doctor without anyone acknowledging it, and then a random... heel(?) turn that makes no sense out of context.

strobogo

Banned
Had to turn off WM25 when it was Matt v Jeff. God damn, Matt was a pudgy fucker.

Watched Invasion instead. Such a weird ending. Random cuts to Austin getting checked on by a Doctor without anyone acknowledging it, and then a random... heel(?) turn that makes no sense out of context.

It was like that in the original broadcast and it was just as weird then. Austin turned heel at WM17, tried everything he could to get real heel heat, then turned back face by default at the start of the Invasion angle, then full face a week or so before when he destroyed the whole stable by himself...just to turn heel again at the PPV. It's really interesting that you can trace pretty much all the problems WWE has had in the past 12 years directly to that angle.

MattyH

It was like that in the original broadcast and it was just as weird then. Austin turned heel at WM17, tried everything he could to get real heel heat, then turned back face by default at the start of the Invasion angle, then full face a week or so before when he destroyed the whole stable by himself...just to turn heel again at the PPV. It's really interesting that you can trace pretty much all the problems WWE has had in the past 12 years directly to that angle.

i watched invasion again last night its a ppv which has always stuck with me as it was on Channel 4 in the Uk rather than sky sports and i remember watching sunday night heat which was on in the late afternoon back then and then staying up all night on the sunday and going to school the next day looking like a zombie

Man, I've had some bad luck with accidentally choosing tasteless/epically bad events to watch.

First I choose Mayhem '99, knowing it was bad. Boy, was I right. Not only did it feature a "Judy Bagwell on a pole" match. It also had Three Count with a dancing Tank Abbot at their side, and Perry Saturn low blowing Torrie Wilson for the win in his match.

Then there was David Flair facing Kimberly, attempting to hit her with a crowbar. While he didn't succeed, he still hit her multiple times and hit Arn Anderson with the crowbar to (kayfabe) re-injure his neck.

This same PPV also featured the debut of "Oklahoma," the character created to mock Jim Ross. Stay classy, Russo.

On a positive note, Bret Hart defeated ***** ****** to win the WCW Title. I always thought he never won the WCW Title, so this was a pleasant surprise.

Later on I started one of the few early Raw episodes (Sept. 27, 1998) only to find out that this was the episode where Owen Hart pretended to break Dan Severn's neck with a sit-down tombstone, ala at Summerslam '97 to Steve Austin a year earlier. Wow. Keep in mind that Austin says Owen never apologized for breaking his neck, so I can't imagine pretending to do it to someone else went over very well with him.

Like, Jesus, what a clusterfuck of events.

Seriously? Works great on iOS. Try turning on Airplane Mode and then activate Wi-Fi and VPN. Should work then.

The location check is done when you boot up a video from what I can tell. Enabling aeroplane mode won't let you get into the app.

The only solution that seems to work so far is using a device with cyanogenmod loaded.

strobogo

Banned
Scott Steiner is fucking scary in HD. Not just his actual body, but in the way that now it is really easy to see how often he is drilling dudes full force in the head/back of the head/base of the neck.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
I wonder why the IC belt is blurred at Summerslam 2002. I guess since it's so shortly after they changed to WWE and the belt still had the WWF logo, but do they not have an unblurred version? Or maybe they just didn't care because it's such a small detail.

Gigarator

i watched invasion again last night its a ppv which has always stuck with me as it was on Channel 4 in the Uk rather than sky sports and i remember watching sunday night heat which was on in the late afternoon back then and then staying up all night on the sunday and going to school the next day looking like a zombie
Haha yeah I can relate to that. In the end I managed to get Sky Sports through relentless begging and pleading. That meant I could watch WM17 live and oh boy was that a great event. The morning after wasn't so super though, had to do a cross country run on 2 hours sleep. Totally worth it even if I didn't finish until morning break started.

I wonder why the IC belt is blurred at Summerslam 2002. I guess since it's so shortly after they changed to WWE and the belt still had the WWF logo, but do they not have an unblurred version? Or maybe they just didn't care because it's such a small detail.

Think they just didn't bother going back and taking the blur off the master tape.

Seems to be some change in the schedule? Supposed to be a Raw flashback on the live programming, but I'm getting the Legends round table about worst characters. Hmmm.

DSFan1970

Slamboree '95 -

Snip

I love your write ups please continue them! I am not a WCW fan but find them fascinating .

Questions to all:

I recall WM6 the first wrestling event filmed in HD. This was in WWF magazine at the time. Any other confirmation of this?

How many of the legends of wrestling round table show did they film? I LOVE that show.

When did WWE officially go HD?

strobogo

Banned
If you trusted my judgement enough to watch Rey/Matt vs Masters/Snitsky, trust my judgement to watch Disco Inferno vs La Parka from Superbrawl VIII (1998).

SeroTyler

First one to talk gets to stay on the aircraft!
Man, late WCW was a fucking mess. I tried to sit through Bash at the Beach 99 and just couldn't do it. JEFF JARRETT IS LAYING DOWN, AND VINCE RUSSO IS THROWING THE TITLE AT HOGAN. IS THIS PART OF THE SCRIPT? What a shitshow.

strobogo

Banned
Man, late WCW was a fucking mess. I tried to sit through Bash at the Beach 99 and just couldn't do it. JEFF JARRETT IS LAYING DOWN, AND VINCE RUSSO IS THROWING THE TITLE AT HOGAN. IS THIS PART OF THE SCRIPT? What a shitshow.

Imagine how I felt watching and reviewing all Nitros/Thunders/PPVs from 1998-2001. Made me a full on suicidal alcoholic. For real.

strobogo

Banned
It's best to think of Russo WCW being the same idea as Total Divas, but you see only the wrestling part that are usually just highlights on Total Divas.

Heenan is the greatest personality of all time!

ibzUc00zVVrAhU.gif

100% Agreed.

I thought they said everything won't be censored. Lame

Miss Kitty taking off her top at Armageddon was censored as well.

Hasney

Decided not to cancel. A bit peeved that censorship is running wild, but the picture quality and convenience is worth it. The new PPVs as they come out isn't a priority anymore since I can't use my phone to watch them the day after on my phone due to location issue, but everything else is nice.

Dante316

Decided not to cancel. A bit peeved that censorship is running wild, but the picture quality and convenience is worth it. The new PPVs as they come out isn't a priority anymore since I can't use my phone to watch them the day after on my phone due to location issue, but everything else is nice.

You wouldn't be able to cancel anyway. Alot of people will realize that today. We are in it for 6 months.

Dante316

Any chance of RAW ever been broadcast live on the app?

I wouldn't bet on it. The best we can hope for is the next day or few days tape of raw. Their tv deal and advertising is very important for the business. Only wwe network will limit their exposure.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Seems there is a glitch in the system. Some people see a cancel option on their account and some don't.
Well, the email you get after signing up for the trial says to go to account management or call (866) 308-5684.

I was charged after I clicked cancle tho... Maybe because I signed up at 8:33 last Monday and clicked cancle at 8:50?

It looks like I'll have to call if I decide to try and get this removed.

Hasney

Well, the email you get after signing up for the trial says to go to account management or call (866) 308-5684.

I was charged after I clicked cancle tho...

So it looks like I'll have to call if I decide to

The money was held at the start of the trial anyway, so it was probably just actioned and they'd refund you. I'd call to be certain anyway, but since the money was held, I wouldn't be shocked.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
The money was held at the start of the trial anyway, so it was probably just actioned and they'd refund you. I'd call to be certain anyway, but since the money was held, I wouldn't be shocked.
I should have added:

My account went from being flagged as trial with a cancle button to being an active sub after I clicked cancle.

The money was pending the past week yeah, but i'm pretty sure it processed when I looked after seeing the active sub.

JavyOO7

Imagine how I felt watching and reviewing all Nitros/Thunders/PPVs from 1998-2001. Made me a full on suicidal alcoholic. For real.

Oh man. Nitro was okay until after Goldberg won the belt that Monday. After that, it was off to the races to see how bad the product was. Thunder was just on a whole different planet on how bad it was.

I remember enough that while the product was garbage there were some stand out matches for me... unfortunately, I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to watch that piece of television again...

Penguin

Post WrestleMania 9 Raw

Doesn't start off with the new champion
Doesn't start off with either of the former champion
Hell doesn't even start off with an in-ring promo

Times have changed

Top Bottom