• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Network |OT| $9.99 PPVs, that's gonna put some butts in the seats

Edgeward

So my attempts to get on the network have been an unmitigated disaster. I'm able to login via my PC, so I know my account is working, but no luck with Xbox 360, PS4, or iPad.

On Xbox 360, I get an error saying "User or Password unrecognized." On PS4, after I enter my email and password and hit continue, nothing happens. (It doesn't even make a clicking noise.) And on iPad, I get a "Log in failed" error.

Anyone else run into similar issues? I called support and they were no help at all.

For playstation i heard people should use o instead of x to confirm. Not sure if they fixed that but that may be the solution

Rey Mysterio vs Psicosis at Bash at the Beach 1996 is amazing. I just watched it the other day. This is the show where Hogan turns heel too so it's worth watching the whole thing even if some of the other matches are duds.

Thanks! We ended up watching both suggestions and they were great!

She may also like Ultimo Dragon!

Yeah, after watching the two Mysterio matches last night I see a lot of crusierweight matches in our future.

Soup Bar

They still need to get their shit together and get the WCW and ECW PPVs on the 360. There's also a weird aspect ratio glitch when watching anything on the 360.

The best part about WCW 2000 is that you can watch the PPVs in reverse order and they'd pretty much make the same amount of sense as if you'd watched them chronologically.
The way they try to frame their programming as very fake with people in power booking themselves to win is the most bizarre and hateful thing anyone's ever done to wrestling. Like if you're afraid of Jeff Jarrett using his stroke to make himself win, why even have a fucking show? Just put up the plain text "Jeff Jarrett is a winner" for an hour and go home.

Watched some Summer Slam 94 last night. Dat New Gen. I forgot just how kiddy it really was. I still think the booking, characters and matches are great for the most part. The feuds were built up for months with good payoffs.

That being said the Undertaker vs Undertaker match was damn awful. Good god what match was a stinker

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Watched some Summer Slam 94 last night. Dat New Gen. I forgot just how kiddy it really was. I still think the booking, characters and matches are great for the most part. The feuds were built up for months with good payoffs.

That being said the Undertaker vs Undertaker match was damn awful. Good god what match was a stinker

Yes, it was as awful as it gets. Horrible shit.

Soup Bar

As a kid I thought it was awesome. After I watched it as an adult, my childhood can eat dick. Fuck I even wanted Luger to win the title at WM 10. JESUS

Retrocide

Seems like they weren't ready....everything to do with this has been unpleasant for me....from being unable to register for days..
To finally registering and not being able to login...to the chappy 360 app... to being double charged when I tried to cancel to trial. I'll wait until they get everything fixed before trying again....maybe

blurrygil

Austin/Rock at WM17 is the greatest WM main event of all time and very possibly the best WWE main event period. Such an amazing match. I forgot how good it was. Seeing the jump from WM15 to WM17 is staggering. I thought maybe nostalgia had made people rate it so high for so long, but it is better than what my nostalgia remembered. It's a god damn war. Austin breaking out moves he hadn't been doing since the Stunning Steve/Ringmaster days, teasing of previous big WM match finishes (Austin/Bret, Bret/Piper, among others), both guys doing whatever they could to win. It's so good. WM17 from Shane/Vince on is pretty hard to beat.

I'm still in the Michaels/Hart camp in terms of all-time fave WM main events. But this was pretty epic. No crowd popped harder, that I could think of. And the
Austin heel turn was absolutely unexpected for me
, seriously.

HHH/HBK/Benoit is the best WM main event ever for me!

This is a Top 5 for sure, possibly Top 3.

Living Colour was okay.

I liked em.

Ozzie was ok. But I thought Motorhead, their first appearance, was pretty great.

I think Kane's theme was better with it, though. Austin's Disturbed theme was dogshit though.

You're fired...

Halloween Havoc 97: Eddie Guerrero vs. Rey Misterio Jr.

Rey's greatest match, imo...hands down.

The way they try to frame their programming as very fake with people in power booking themselves to win is the most bizarre and hateful thing anyone's ever done to wrestling. Like if you're afraid of Jeff Jarrett using his stroke to make himself win, why even have a fucking show? Just put up the plain text "Jeff Jarrett is a winner" for an hour and go home.

I lol'd at this hard. Thank you based LKBAP...

It's amazing that they thought it'd be a good idea years later to do the same storyline with Kane and Fake Kane. If their goal was 'to do it right the second time' they couldn't have failed more spectacularly. Still, I'll never forget that May 19th was when See No Evil came out.

witness

Is the online player not working for anyone else? I've tried chrome and Firefox and neither one work. The player doesn't come up at all, no error message, nothing.

Edit: so its not just me I see.

strobogo

Banned
Is the online player not working for anyone else? I've tried chrome ams Firefox and neither one work. The player doesn't come up at all, no error message, nothing.

Edit: so its not just me I see.

Works fine on Fire Fox and Chrome for me. Little choppy on IE.

It's amazing that they thought it'd be a good idea years later to do the same storyline with Kane and Fake Kane. If their goal was 'to do it right the second time' they couldn't have failed more spectacularly. Still, I'll never forget that May 19th was when See No Evil came out.

Yeah a storyline like that just can't work in the modern era of social media and internets.

strobogo

Banned
lol they edited out that awkward chunk of time when Swagger couldn't unhook the briefcase.

Minor botches are edited, such as Rey's botch at WM19 and Ultimo's entrance botches at 20. Vignettes seem to be edited out of WMs. I swear 19 had a Goldberg and Sean O'Haire video, but both were edited out and replaced with a WWE Shop promo from 2006 or so. Not sure what the point is of editing those kind of things out. Seemed like WM20 had some audio editing before the main event as JR's audio felt to be about 10 seconds behind what was shown on screen and then seemed to abruptly cut to the video package when he started to talk about Benoit.

blurrygil

lol they edited out that awkward chunk of time when Swagger couldn't unhook the briefcase.

Haha nice. I lol'd pretty hard at that, when it originally happened.

Minor botches are edited, such as Rey's botch at WM19 and Ultimo's entrance botches at 20. Vignettes seem to be edited out of WMs. I swear 19 had a Goldberg and Sean O'Haire video, but both were edited out and replaced with a WWE Shop promo from 2006 or so. Not sure what the point is of editing those kind of things out. Seemed like WM20 had some audio editing before the main event as JR's audio felt to be about 10 seconds behind what was shown on screen and then seemed to abruptly cut to the video package when he started to talk about Benoit.

Kinda defeats the purpose, if you ask me.

strobogo

Banned
Haha nice. I lol'd pretty hard at that, when it originally happened.

Kinda defeats the purpose, if you ask me.

At the same time as maybe cutting out JR saying stuff about Benoit, the full post match stuff at WM 20 is left intact, with JR screaming his head off about Benoit fulfilling his dream and all that. Actually, it looks like Nancy and Daniel being in the ring isn't in, but I don't remember if that was on the actual PPV or just pictures from WWE.

Watch WM21 to see Eddie to an STF as loose and weak as Cena.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
It was funny during the Top 10 entrances, you see the backstage footage of Rey getting ready to pop up off the platform at WM, but I think that's the time it botched and he had to like crawl out of the hole. I'd love to see the footage from right next to him of that.

jred2k

I have watched multiple hours of wrestling every night since this launched. It really is a beautiful thing. Having all this content available in such a convenient method is just great.

strobogo

Banned
I have watched multiple hours of wrestling every night since this launched. It really is a beautiful thing. Having all this content available in such a convenient method is just great.

It's true. This is so much better than an actual TV channel.

Remember how Cena got really over in 2004 and 2005, then the crowd totally turned on him by Summerslam of 2005? Well, there was a pretty audible boring chant in JBL/Cena at WM21. So the backlash started the day he won the title.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah, that channel...I always check to see what's on. And I keep it on. It's so good.

Hasney

What's this dubbed bullshit for Mark Henry at WM 22? Didn't he have Some Bodies Gonna Get It by 2006?

Nah, he had some theme I don't even remember him using. Unless this is the dubbed shit you were referring too because I really don't remember Mark henry walking out to guitar. But this is from the PPV feed at the time, so I have no fucking idea what music Henry was using at that point.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xz...e-undertaker-vs-mark-henry-casket-match_sport

What is Vince actually reacting to in this gif, and is it on the WWE Network?
ef28TQS.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh hell yes. I'm addicted. That and more WCCW and MSG shows. I know they're coming but I'm impatient.

Yeah I was about to say, they're trickling in. You might be able to find some on youtube if you're that desperate, but they're worth waiting for.

jred2k

Yeah I was about to say, they're trickling in. You might be able to find some on youtube if you're that desperate, but they're worth waiting for.

I found it hard enough before, but now I really can't stand to watch wrestling with sub-par quality. My days of 360p, or worse, are over.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I found it hard enough before, but now I really can't stand to watch wrestling with sub-par quality. My days of 360p, or worse, are over.

Same here. Once Raw hits the Network live...never will settle for a subpar quality show.

Can't wait for the Clash of the Champions content to go live. Exciting stuff.

Zach

Same here. Once Raw hits the Network live...never will settle for a subpar quality show.

Can't wait for the Clash of the Champions content to go live. Exciting stuff.

Sure, the higher quality is great and all, but the missing entrance themes really sour my enjoyment at times.

And I too cannot wait for some sweet, sweet Clash of the Champions.

turnbuckle

The PC version of the site is kind of sloppy but I can find tons of stuff using the search tool.

I finally tried it on my Roku yesterday and I couldn't find anything I wanted using the search tool. Type in Summer (for summer slam) and there's only one suggestion, and it isn't Summer Slam.

geomon

The PC version of the site is kind of sloppy but I can find tons of stuff using the search tool.

I finally tried it on my Roku yesterday and I couldn't find anything I wanted using the search tool. Type in Summer (for summer slam) and there's only one suggestion, and it isn't Summer Slam.

The search function is weird as hell. It's different on every single platform. Best on PC, worst on the mobile app.

turnbuckle

The search function is weird as hell. It's different on every single platform. Best on PC, worst on the mobile app.

I don't use anything else on the PC version but the search tool. I'm mostly interested in the content from the 80s and early-to-mid 90s and I've found better luck just typing in a wrestler's name.

I really wish there was a way to search by "year" or specific date and just click a starting point and watch EVERY SINGLE THING that took place in a linear way from that point on. A lot of what makes wrestling entertainment great is the drama, but hopping from one thing to another to another without much context tends to dull things a bit.

It'd be incredible if people could put together playlists and share/collaborate with others on them a la spotify.

All in due time, I think.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Gonna watch the first King of the Ring. I have no recollection of how this event went down, but it looks to be in a pretty good period.

foltzie1

Gonna watch the first King of the Ring. I have no recollection of how this event went down, but it looks to be in a pretty good period.

Bret writes about the first PPV KotR in his book, his goal was to have significantly different match types and I think he succeeded.

BTW, anyone who hasnt read his book, pull it from your local library sometime, it is quite the interesting read.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bret writes about the first PPV KotR in his book, his goal was to have significantly different match types and I think he succeeded.

BTW, anyone who hasnt read his book, pull it from your local library sometime, it is quite the interesting read.

He has a few - which one?

Bret vs Razor was a lot of fun.

foltzie1

He has a few - which one?

Bret vs Razor was a lot of fun.

As far as I know just one autobiography: Hitman: My Real Life in the Cartoon World of Wrestling

Forget everything you thought you knew about the insane world of professional wrestling. The sixth son of legendary Canadian wrestling promoter Stu Hart, Bret Hart was born into wrestling royalty. From his early twenties until he retired at forty-three, Hart kept an audio diary, recording stories of the wrestling life: the relentless travel, the practical jokes, the sex and steroids and cocaine, and the real rivalries (as opposed to the staged ones that unfolded before the fans).

Hasney

Watching Countdown shows me that the only one who cares about kayfabe anymore is Santino. Either that, or he's done his schtick so much that he doesn't even know how to turn it off now.

Top Bottom